The Appropriation of the Crosses and the Covenant of the New Testament

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Real_Revival23

Dec 25, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we have three crosses, as its been one of the major representations visually of the crucifixion. On one hand you have the unrepented, who was unbelieving and more than likely wasn't even considerate of what he had done, he was not remorseful.

On the other hand we have the man who was a thief, likely that it wasn't his first time and had much reason for his personal conviction because he could see that his life decisions had repayed him and was sentenced to death, an aweful death.
He had heard about the Lord, and was willing to believe in Him, even if it was after
he had lived a life of transgression.

The Lord who was innocent, and sentenced to death on a cross,
was a man who was crucified
and in this case the representative of innocent blood,
and righteousness. We see that He was condemned for having done good,
and it is for this reason that there is ramifications for mankind
Because if you kill off the righteous, or hold back, then all that is left is those of a lesser estate.

This was the case with David and one of his most devoted battalions in the kingdom of
Israel of Judah in his day. His main concern were his men dying and making sure he was doing the right thing, although it was the warfare of the time,
Uriah the Hittite.

The Covenant was broken when David had piled his transgressions into one act of going against the Lord, and sent an innocent man to die, and forgotten about the Lord completely.

another example would be

Cain and Abel

The answer is that we appropriate our decisions and behavior to avoid shedding innocent blood.
We do this for the Lord, that we may be counted innocent in the Day of Jesus Christ.
And that we have done some good in the world, and have made our stay on the God given earth of worth
We were born for a reason, lets not neglect what the Lord has given us.

life

Part of the Covenant of the New Testament

What must one believe to be saved.

Good, Evil, God, the Devil, Righteousness, Wickedness, Repentance, Faith, the spiritual world, Mercy, Love, and that the Lord in fact had the power to come as a man and trumped the devils self righteousness by living a life of truth, righteousness, and for the reason of establishing justice, died for the sins of all. Becoming the preeminence over the principalities and the inheritor of all things.

The Father, The Son, Through the Holy Spirit.
Given that he was conceived of the Holy Spirit through Mary, A virgin birth.

Concerning us being the body of Christ, the followers of the Progenitor of our faith and spiritual kingdom of compassion and mercy.

The First Born who had passed through the fire of our transgressions and shortcomings
paid the debt of our sinful and obstinate ways that was the cause of His death and yet
willingly gave up his life that He may have shown us perfect compassion, willing to make himself an example of what perfect righteousness is. That we may have something to honor, knowing that there was a man who came from providence and the Divine to prove a point, and justified all who are willing to be witness to Him, and by His actions establishing Himself as the King. The most righteous man who ever lived.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

and of course

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

1 Peter 2:12
Conduct yourselves with such honor among the Gentiles that, though they slander you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us.

The hope of not only our salvation but also the welfare of the rest of the world, and the possibility
of reconciling us all to God.
Amen

18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciplesd of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Amen.
Amen
Amen.

Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” And they divided His garments and cast lots.

God Bless
In Jesus Christ in love,
for love knows no boundaries
God Bless

“What is truth?” retorted Pilate. With this he went out again to the Jews gathered there and said, “I find no basis for a charge against him.
John 18:38

Thank you
God Bless
Praise The Lord Jesus Christ

The grace that would be available through the Holy Spirit once He had given himself up to the justice of the pharisees, and triumphed over all and brought both judgment and justice amongst man becoming the spiritual righteousness of God. Communing with the Lord allowed for that spiritual bread and drink to become available to those who are willing to believe on Him, because Grace was now available to those, who would embody His character.
Doing so the reference to his blood and flesh truly being food and drink. He was foreshadowing the value of His self sacrifice as it would come to be. Thats why John focuses more on Jesus's Deity and less on the series of events of his life.

English Standard Version
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
John 6:55

English Standard Version
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
John 6:63

King James Bible
The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.
John 6:41

New King James Version
for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
James 1:20

and of course, Lordship Salvation

“But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?
Luke 6:46

Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
1 Corinthians 11:27

Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
1 Corinthians 11:28

English Standard Version
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
John 6:63

Thank you
God Bless
Thank you Jesus, Our Lord of Righteousness and Mercy
Amen.

Attachments

• 241771422_530861124867661_7111985531930593974_n.jpg
    241771422_530861124867661_7111985531930593974_n.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0