The ark of the Covenant and the Christ stone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have at the east end of my property a curious stone out here in the fields which I call the Christ Stone. Why? Like the Stone of destiny, it represents Christ to me. I don’t worship it, although it has some interesting reminder properties: Like the 1) ark of the covenant (which foreshadowed Christ), 2) it measures 2.5 x 1.5 cubits like the ark. However, these are 18” common cubits. The ark was much larger than an 18” cubit. I guess this is so I don’t get too conceited in what it stands for. The ark of the covenant was the size of a small coffin, namely 5 feet (a cubit there being over 2 feet long). Those are the first two facts, i.e. the size and its representation. There are other interesting facts. I just so happens to lie 3) Northeast of me in the same general direction that the Tabernacle moon rises. I live in the Philadelphia area, so this is the 4) same general direction one would face to travel (or pray) toward Jerusalem.

God gives us many signs and indications He works in our lives. Most people have situations and events that show God is working in their lives. In my case, since I’m mathematically inclined, He has left little facts that speak to me mathematically. That’s how he reaches me when I know such things are rare by mere chance. The point of what I mentioned is we should look at all the ways the Lord speaks to us as it’s not limited to merely a revelation or interpretation of the bible. Sometimes “mundane” things speak to us as well, in this case as cold as calculation seems to be to many people. This is something to praise God for! I am excited He has shown this!

Reactions: lforrest

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
liafailrock

If your 'mundane' things are not supported by the Bible, then you are in dangerous territory.

Stranger

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The contents of the Ark of the Covenant foreshadowed Christ. The Ark itself foreshadowed M-word. Lots of good posts about the Ark here

13239191_10208574805634922_8669941564389177859_n.jpg

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Stranger said:
liafailrock

If your 'mundane' things are not supported by the Bible, then you are in dangerous territory.

Stranger
I disagree. if he said he had a bush on his yard that burned without being consumed I would call that suspect, even though it is supported by the Bible.

Reactions: Born_Again

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
liafailrock

Stranger
By mundane, I just mean physical manifestations such as what I mentioned that relate to things in the scripture. To briefly revisit each item, mention #1 is merely a measurement that relates to the same numbers pertaining to the ark. OK, perhaps nothing big in and of itself but, #3 towards the rising full moon at the feast of Tabernacles is an important feast. So we now have two things. #4 there's nothing in the bible that says the direction of Philadelphia toward Jerusalem, but I do know that the prophet Daniel prayed toward Jerusalem. So this stone is not on the south end or north end or west end of my property, but the general direction toward Jerusalem. Of course there's nothing in the scripture that says that this stone is mentioned any more than a specific mention of a person the Lord healed in say, Austin Texas. The Lord is in the details if we can see them.

As for what the ark represents, I'll state specific scriptures and scripture only that I know in the near future, but my time is short lately. It's a small report in and of itself. I'll get back soon.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
liafailrock said:
By mundane, I just mean physical manifestations such as what I mentioned that relate to things in the scripture. To briefly revisit each item, mention #1 is merely a measurement that relates to the same numbers pertaining to the ark. OK, perhaps nothing big in and of itself but, #3 towards the rising full moon at the feast of Tabernacles is an important feast. So we now have two things. #4 there's nothing in the bible that says the direction of Philadelphia toward Jerusalem, but I do know that the prophet Daniel prayed toward Jerusalem. So this stone is not on the south end or north end or west end of my property, but the general direction toward Jerusalem. Of course there's nothing in the scripture that says that this stone is mentioned any more than a specific mention of a person the Lord healed in say, Austin Texas. The Lord is in the details if we can see them.

As for what the ark represents, I'll state specific scriptures and scripture only that I know in the near future, but my time is short lately. It's a small report in and of itself. I'll get back soon.
If it relates to things in the Scripture....whys is it mundane?

Stranger

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's scripture I gathered relating to the ark which explains its fashion and purpose:

And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof. 11And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about. 12And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four corners thereof; and two rings shall be in the one side of it, and two rings in the other side of it. 13And thou shalt make staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold. 14And thou shalt put the staves into the rings by the sides of the ark, that the ark may be borne with them. 15The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it. 16And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee. 17And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof. 18And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat. 19And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof. 20And the cherubim shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be. 21And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. 22And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel. (Exodus 25:10-22)

15Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat: 16And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness. 17And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel. 18And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the LORD, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about. 19And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel. (Lev 16:15-19)

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 2Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 3And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. 4And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. (Isaiah 6:1-3)

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 2And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. 3And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. 4And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. 5And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. 6And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. 7And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle. 8And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. 9And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, 10The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. (Revelation 4)

And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more. 17At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. (Jeremiah 3:16-17)

It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us..... (Hebrews 9:23-24)

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. (Hebrews 9:12)

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:14-16)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
um, Jerusalem is actually South of you, liafailrock. Nice reflection here, ty.

i guess our scientists are about to actually probe the assumptions of Newton, finally, on gravity, so that is interesting too. :)

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
um, Jerusalem is actually South of you, liafailrock. Nice reflection here, ty.

i guess our scientists are about to actually probe the assumptions of Newton, finally, on gravity, so that is interesting too. :)
Thanks regarding my reflection. But as for the direction to Jerusalem, you must be thinking of a Mercator map with a constant bearing. Yes, Jerusalem is a more southern latitude than I am, but that does not necessarily indicate the direction. Such a path with a constant SE bearing will get you there, but it's not the shortest route and is in fact, a spiral. The earth is round so the shortest distance (and true direction) between two points is a great circle arc. That is actually Northeast of me, the same direction a plane would take off to get there. A crude example is my wife may be sitting across the table from me, so I walk around the table to get to her, but when she speaks the sound of her voice crosses the table; it does not come the same direction (from the right or left) that I walk to get to her. My calculations confirm this as well, but google maps is adequate. LOL

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
liafailrock said:
Thanks regarding my reflection. But as for the direction to Jerusalem, you must be thinking of a Mercator map with a constant bearing. Yes, Jerusalem is a more southern latitude than I am, but that does not necessarily indicate the direction. Such a path with a constant SE bearing will get you there, but it's not the shortest route and is in fact, a spiral. The earth is round so the shortest distance (and true direction) between two points is a great circle arc. That is actually Northeast of me, the same direction a plane would take off to get there. A crude example is my wife may be sitting across the table from me, so I walk around the table to get to her, but when she speaks the sound of her voice crosses the table; it does not come the same direction (from the right or left) that I walk to get to her. My calculations confirm this as well, but google maps is adequate. LOL
Ha! Gotta be a lesson in there somewhere lol