The ;as though' gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Some teach that this is supporting their gospel of being counted as righteous by faith alone, without doing it, and including when they are doing unrighteousness.

I call it the 'as though' gospel for the unrighteous by works, but righteous by faith.

We really believe we are righteous by believing it, as though we were righteous by doing it, but not really...

It's for unrighteous Christians to believe as though they are righteous saints by faith alone.

It's adults acting like little children, who believe they are Superman and Batman by cape alone.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that is doing righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

In the Bible gospel of Jesus Christ, only those doing righteousness are righteous, and even as the Lord of righteousness. Only by doing His righteousness does God judge any one as being righteous.

In the 'as though' gospel of doers of unrighteousness, they count themselves as being righteous by their faith alone, as though there were doing righteousness when doing unrighteousness.

It's the ultimate religion of being something inwardly, as though they were outwardly without doing it.

I mean, unlike innocent children wearing capes, they don't even wear their faith.

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The 'as though' gospel is all about being as though someone doing something, but only by beleiving it, not by doing it.

It's the gospel of be justified by faith alone and not by works.

In fact, those preaching being something by doing it, are condemned as proud boasters and liars, since the ones only believing in it, but not doing it, also say that's only because it's impossible to do so.

It's the doctrinal mystery of iniquity.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'as though' gospel is all about being as though someone doing something, but only by beleiving it, not by doing it.

It's the gospel of be justified by faith alone and not by works.

In fact, those preaching being something by doing it, are condemned as proud boasters and liars, since the ones only believing in it, but not doing it, also say that's only because it's impossible to do so.

It's the doctrinal mystery of iniquity.
Not so! It really is "by GRACE ye are saved".
There is only One form of righteousness that is accepted by God the Father, and that is, that which was performed by His Son.
By our continued faith in Jesus, for Him to be our personal Savior, it is through His shed blood alone, that we are made to be "sin-LESS" before the Father, forever.

Our form of righteousness, which is only by keeping the law, falls miserably short.
However, if you think that you need more than the righteousness of Christ to be "sin-FREE", one might as well physically die now, because that is the only time we shall STOP sinning.

Please let us all know when you are "sin-FREE".

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
What's not so? "Na-ah' is hardly an argument made against something.

Not so! It really is "by GRACE ye are saved".
There is only One form of righteousness that is accepted by God the Father, and that is, that which was performed by His Son.
By our continued faith in Jesus, for Him to be our personal Savior, it is through His shed blood alone, that we are made to be "sin-LESS" before the Father, forever.

Our form of righteousness, which is only by keeping the law, falls miserably short.
However, if you think that you need more than the righteousness of Christ to be "sin-FREE", one might as well physically die now, because that is the only time we shall STOP sinning.

Please let us all know when you are "sin-FREE".

Being 'as though' righteous, while doing unrighteousness, chimes perfectly with being 'sinless', while sinning.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!