The best christian books you've ever read (other than the bible)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Rees Howell Intercessor by Norman Grubb

"Rees Howell Intercessor" is an enthralling read of life and events of a powerful christian leader, missionary in his homeland prior and up to the outbreak of WW11. Rees was the founder the bible college in Swansea, Wales. He recorded all of his intercessory prayers on behalf of the Allied forces and those made against the invading Nazis. Rees Howell's faith and belief that God can change the course of history through prayer, was a testament to his growing influence in spiritual matters through prayer along with his intercessors for free world.

A good read.

Reactions: SouthernStorm

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rees Howell Intercessor by Norman Grubb

"Rees Howell Intercessor" is an enthralling read of life and events of a powerful christian leader, missionary in his homeland prior and up to the outbreak of WW11. Rees was the founder the bible college in Swansea, Wales. He recorded all of his intercessory prayers on behalf of the Allied forces and those made against the invading Nazis. Rees Howell's faith and belief that God can change the course of history through prayer, was a testament to his growing influence in spiritual matters through prayer along with his intercessors for free world.

A good read.

I have read the book and still have it. I always like anything by Norman Grubb.

The most recent Christian biography I have read is "The Heavenly Man" , an auto biography with help of Paul Hatteway. Published by Hendrickson. It is about 'Brother Yun' a Chinese Christian during the time period of 1980-2000. It reveals what it is like to be a Chrstian in China. It is not for the feint of heart.

Here is an excerpt from when Yun's family were allowed to visit him in prison.

"I saw my mother was in great anguish, as if a knife had cut into her heart. Deling stood beside her. She couldn't believe her eyes at my physical condition. My wife spoke to my sister and said, 'I tell you, this is not him. This is definitely not my husband.' I was just a pile of skin and bones. Much of my hair had fallen out from being beaten and kicked My ears had shriveled. I had grown an unkempt beard and had messy hair. The patches of hair that remained were knotted together from my own dried blood. My whole appearance had changed because of the electric shock therapy. My own wife could not even recognize me. My mother knew it was me after she identified my birthmark. She wept aloud and cried, 'This is my Son! Lord, have mercy on us!" p. (110-111)

Stranger