The Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
The Bible reveals the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter. Here Paradise is gained, Heaven opened, and hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand object, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It shall fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully. It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened in the judgment and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, promises the highest reward for labor, and condemns all who trifle with its sacred contents.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@My Dreams
Even so...
But without God Himself in our hearts leading us as we read, what can see in it? What can we understand of it? What can we do with it?

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27
Any intelligent person reading the text of the Bible can understand it. Understanding is not the problem; believing what it says is the problem for many.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.

11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. (Compare)

13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid

Only an ignorant man would think he can read the bible and understand it, such is mens arogance and pride

Elihoenai

Mar 2, 2020
London, England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Bible reveals the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter. Here Paradise is gained, Heaven opened, and hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand object, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It shall fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully. It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened in the judgment and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, promises the highest reward for labor, and condemns all who trifle with its sacred contents.

"...Who can know the mind of God?..."

First Reformed | Official Trailer HD | A24

Reactions: My Dreams

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wonderful post!
Very beautifully and eloquently written.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any intelligent person reading the text of the Bible can understand it. Understanding is not the problem; believing what it says is the problem for many.
I must disagree with that statement. the intelligent of a person reading the text of the Bible is of no use. just as in studying the bible. it must be revealed unto you. one cannot learn the bible by studying it alone, nor just by reading with one own intellect. if so as they say one will be just an educate Fool.

the bible, was not written, or design for anyone to just walk off the street with or without God's wisdom, and their education and right off the bat and understand God Holy word. it takes quality time with the revelator to get the revelation which the bible gives. and that don't happen overnight.
2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". study here is not to learn anythin, but to show God you're interested in his word, which he will give his wisdom to reveal it.

supportive scripture, Isaiah 29:11 "And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
Isaiah 29:12 "And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned".

so the Learned and the unlearned are in the same boat, one need to read with God.

PICJAG.

Reactions: prism and My Dreams

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I must disagree with that statement. the intelligent of a person reading the text of the Bible is of no use. just as in studying the bible. it must be revealed unto you. one cannot learn the bible by studying it alone, nor just by reading with one own intellect. if so as they say one will be just an educate Fool.

the bible, was not written, or design for anyone to just walk off the street with or without God's wisdom, and their education and right off the bat and understand God Holy word. it takes quality time with the revelator to get the revelation which the bible gives. and that don't happen overnight.
2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". study here is not to learn anythin, but to show God you're interested in his word, which he will give his wisdom to reveal it.

supportive scripture, Isaiah 29:11 "And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
Isaiah 29:12 "And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned".

so the Learned and the unlearned are in the same boat, one need to read with God.

PICJAG.
It is not that the natural man cannot understand what the Bible actually says. It is because he doesn't want to accept what it says about him and what he should do about it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not that the natural man cannot understand what the Bible actually says. It is because he doesn't want to accept what it says about him and what he should do about it.
1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

PICJAG.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

PICJAG.
How, then do you explain Paul's statement that the mystery that has been kept down through the ages (the sealed book?) has now been fully revealed? (Colossians 1:26).

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

PICJAG.
True. The companion Scripture is: "For the god of this world has blinded the minds of those who believe not, lest they should see the light of the glorious gospel of Christ" (1 Corinthians 4:4).

But we are talking about the unconverted here. The Bible is not a mystery to those who are converted to Christ and have the Holy Spirit in them to teach them everything they need to know.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How, then do you explain Paul's statement that the mystery that has been kept down through the ages (the sealed book?) has now been fully revealed? (Colossians 1:26).

Just because a mystery has been revealed, (and it was by the Spirit), a quick test of what you just said, 1 John 3:24 "And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

ok, Just a quick test of the natural man vs Spirit, what are God's Commands?.

this will seperate the natural men for the Spirit filled men.

looking to hear your answer. please note THIS IS NOT A TEST... ok.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. The companion Scripture is: "For the god of this world has blinded the minds of those who believe not, lest they should see the light of the glorious gospel of Christ" (1 Corinthians 4:4).

But we are talking about the unconverted here. The Bible is not a mystery to those who are converted to Christ and have the Holy Spirit in them to teach them everything they need to know.
to the converted, is there a trinity in the bible.... I suspect not many would agree with you if you said no. for to some that's a still a mystery.

PICJAG.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
to the converted, is there a trinity in the bible.... I suspect not many would agree with you if you said no. for to some that's a still a mystery.

PICJAG.
So? Knowing everything there is to know about the nature and character of God is not essential to believing the gospel of Christ, receiving Him as Saviour and receiving eternal life. It is the gospel of Christ that is the mystery made clear to converted believers.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? Knowing everything there is to know about the nature and character of God is not essential to believing the gospel of Christ, receiving Him as Saviour and receiving eternal life. It is the gospel of Christ that is the mystery made clear to converted believers.
that was not the question, but one one own intellect in understanding the bible.

so from your understand of the bible, what is God commands? or what do he require of us?.

PICJAG.