The Blessed Hope: The Second Coming Of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been referred to as the Christian’s greatest hope. From the prophets and patriarchs of old, to the early church, to the Protestant Reformers, the visible, literal, and glorious coming of Jesus Christ has been their most cherished expectation. But that seems to have become a lost relic to most of Christendom. Instead, a plethora of human and ecclesiastical inventions has taken its place. Was the early church wrong? Has God changed His mind, or, are His people being woefully deceived?

The Apostle John, in the book of Revelation, poignantly declares, “Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen” (Revelation 1:7). The Savior Himself foretells, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other” (Matthew 24:29-31). The Gospel writer Luke shares the testimony of the angels, “And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven” (Acts 1:10-11).

The Blessed Hope, the visible, literal, glorious appearing of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is certain. The ancients look forward to it. For example, the patriarch Job, finding himself in the most despicable of the physical human condition, declared, “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me” (Job 19:25-27). King David exclaimed, “Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him” (Psalms 50:3).

The angels promise it. The early church believed it. But most of all, The Savior assures us of it. Says He, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (John 14:1-3). The apostle Paul makes the Blessed Hope his focal point in outlining the plan of human redemption to the young minister, Titus. He writes, “For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:11-13)

As the world crumbles from the weight of sin, the Christian must have faith in that Blessed Hope. Now is not the time to get discouraged, fearful, and despondent. For not too distant, the heavens will roll back and the Lord will descend. Men may be deceived by popular fiction and grandiose, money-making Hollywood productions; but God has not changed His mind. The patriarchs, prophets, early, and Protestant Reformers had it right. Be faithful and true to His word and he shall grant you a crown of eternal life and an existence of immortal glory. Hold fast to the Blessed Hope.

We Have This Hope

We have this hope that burns within our hearts,
Hope in the coming of the Lord.
We have this faith that Christ alone imparts,
Faith in the promise of His Word.
We believe the time is here,
When the nations far and near
Shall awake, and shout, and sing
Hallelujah! Christ is King!

We are united in Jesus Christ our Lord.
We are united in His love.
Love for the waiting people of the world.
People who need our Savior's love.
Soon the heav'ns will open wide,
Christ will come to claim His bride.
All the universe will sing
We have this hope, this faith, and God's great love,
We are united in Christ.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been referred to as the Christian’s greatest hope. From the prophets and patriarchs of old, to the early church, to the Protestant Reformers, the visible, literal, and glorious coming of Jesus Christ has been their most cherished expectation. But that seems to have become a lost relic to most of Christendom. Instead, a plethora of human and ecclesiastical inventions has taken its place. Was the early church wrong? Has God changed His mind, or, are His people being woefully deceived?

The Apostle John, in the book of Revelation, poignantly declares, “Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen” (Revelation 1:7). The Savior Himself foretells, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other” (Matthew 24:29-31). The Gospel writer Luke shares the testimony of the angels, “And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven” (Acts 1:10-11).

The Blessed Hope, the visible, literal, glorious appearing of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is certain. The ancients look forward to it. For example, the patriarch Job, finding himself in the most despicable of the physical human condition, declared, “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me” (Job 19:25-27). King David exclaimed, “Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him” (Psalms 50:3).

The angels promise it. The early church believed it. But most of all, The Savior assures us of it. Says He, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (John 14:1-3). The apostle Paul makes the Blessed Hope his focal point in outlining the plan of human redemption to the young minister, Titus. He writes, “For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:11-13)

As the world crumbles from the weight of sin, the Christian must have faith in that Blessed Hope. Now is not the time to get discouraged, fearful, and despondent. For not too distant, the heavens will roll back and the Lord will descend. Men may be deceived by popular fiction and grandiose, money-making Hollywood productions; but God has not changed His mind. The patriarchs, prophets, early, and Protestant Reformers had it right. Be faithful and true to His word and he shall grant you a crown of eternal life and an existence of immortal glory. Hold fast to the Blessed Hope.

We Have This Hope

We have this faith that Christ alone imparts,
Faith in the promise of His Word.
We believe the time is here,
When the nations far and near
Shall awake, and shout, and sing

We are united in Jesus Christ our Lord.
We are united in His love.
Love for the waiting people of the world.
People who need our Savior's love.
Soon the heav'ns will open wide,
Christ will come to claim His bride.
All the universe will sing
We have this hope, this faith, and God's great love,
We are united in Christ.
And here we are almost 2000 years later?

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, WOH, thanks for replying. Some folks believe we're right on the cusp of a 1000-year Sabbath for the earth. I tend to agree. :)
Just dont follow the all inclusive path . They about to get a leader and some kings that are gonna promise them
world peace and safety . THAT WONT be the thousand years , that will be a very short MASSIVE DECEPTOIN that will
get ended on the DAY OF THE TRUE JESUS CHRIST . JESUS is coming all right , but at HIS appearing
the lambs get caught up and the wrath of GOD will then begin .
Against the beast , the FP and the world this wrath will come . Till then armour up , cause they about to kill them a lot of lambs
and all in the name of their false love , false unity , false we are one . Better to suffer and die for JESUS , than to live
a delusional lie in this world and sit as a king .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, WOH, thanks for replying. Some folks believe we're right on the cusp of a 1000-year Sabbath for the earth. I tend to agree. :)
Where in scripture does it say we are the bride of Christ?
John the Baptist said he’d already witnessed the bridegroom had the bride?
This is what made his joy full.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in scripture does it say we are the bride of Christ?
John the Baptist said he’d already witnessed the bridegroom had the bride?
This is what made his joy full.
It's just symbolism--not worth debating. I'm pretty sure we've been down this road before. :)

Reactions: marks

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just dont follow the all inclusive path . They about to get a leader and some kings that are gonna promise them
world peace and safety . THAT WONT be the thousand years , that will be a very short MASSIVE DECEPTOIN that will
get ended on the DAY OF THE TRUE JESUS CHRIST . JESUS is coming all right , but at HIS appearing
the lambs get caught up and the wrath of GOD will then begin .
Against the beast , the FP and the world this wrath will come . Till then armour up , cause they about to kill them a lot of lambs
and all in the name of their false love , false unity , false we are one . Better to suffer and die for JESUS , than to live
a delusional lie in this world and sit as a king .
“He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:20‬ ‭

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:20‬ ‭
YES HE IS A COMING DEAR SISTER . LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .
For when they shall say peace and safety ........................
I sure hear a lot of that these days along with inquity rising fast to the full .
That tells me one thing . WATCH for ye know not the Hour your LORD does come . OH JESUS IS GONNA COME ALL RIGHT .
And the lambs will fly to the sky , as for the rest , well lets just say
He wont be coming with peace light and love and a coffee cup and hugs to tell those , WELL DONE .
They forsook His name . Thus that is not and shall not and will not be a good ending for any who does such a thing .
As for the lambs , WE CLING TO THE LAMB . As for the lambs we stick with KJV BIBLE DOCTRINE .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
YES HE IS A COMING DEAR SISTER . LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .
For when they shall say peace and safety ........................
I sure hear a lot of that these days along with inquity rising fast to the full .
That tells me one thing . WATCH for ye know not the Hour your LORD does come . OH JESUS IS GONNA COME ALL RIGHT .
And the lambs will fly to the sky , as for the rest , well lets just say
He wont be coming with peace light and love and a coffee cup and hugs to tell those , WELL DONE .
They forsook His name . Thus that is not and shall not and will not be a good ending for any who does such a thing .
As for the lambs , WE CLING TO THE LAMB . As for the lambs we stick with KJV BIBLE DOCTRINE .
“But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:29 - He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
The voice the Baptist heard was from heaven.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 3:16-17 KJV
[16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: [17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Searching for answers myself, we can’t be the body of Christ, the bride of Christ, the children of God, and the sons of God all at once.
Can we?