The Blessing of Fear

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Copper25

Dec 2, 2008
Romans 1:18) For the wrath of God is revealed from the heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; How important is it for us to fear God? To have more then just a reverence and respect, but a literal fear of him. Through grace my fears relieved, yea, but it is blessing to fear the Lord. It makes us so much more sensitive to and more conscious of our actions. Could you imagine if the whole world feared God? We would be in an state that far excels the spiritual conditions in today’s would. When we fear the Lord we can really start to excel spiritually because it will make us avoid sin and completely want to stay away from it in our actions, speech, and thought. “And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of then that kill the body, and after that they have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.” So this is not just reverence, but a little fear goes a long way. When we see a verse like (Proverbs 6:16) “These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him” and then we look at verses 17,18, and 19 saying “A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among the brethren.” We will pay closer attention to those abominations and certainly not do them. “Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.” “Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD” because that man will seek obedience and to do the will of God and will make the effort big time to avoid defilement. How can we live right if we don’t fear God? This is why half the people claiming to be Christians are living a Laodicean life style, poor, blind, and naked, spiritually speaking. You can’t be dead to that which you don’t flee from, now can you. “Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.” “O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!” When obedience is coupled with the fear of God it enhances our discipline and makes us live a life more pleasing to God. It is something that when learned is a blessing because we can further more be shaped in the way and mode of thinking that God wants us to be in.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I have no need to fear God. I revere Him, but I don't fear Him.II Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.I John 4:18 - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

cedarhart

When good men do nothing, evil will triumph.Take a
Nov 17, 2008
I suspect that the whole world who knows about God, does fear him. But they don't see or feel Him so He appears to be absent from them. What is going on with the lawlessness is that man does not fear man anymore. God's laws are not invoked and crime is just a pass time for many. There are no repercussions for their acts. They have no respect for their fellow man or the law as rarely one is even enforced to any degree that would be a deterrent.So, personally, I don't feel that mankind doesn't fear God as much as they don't respect mankind. If God were to show up in their lives, they would tremble!God does not want our fear, He wants our love. Love him enough to respect Him and abide by His commandments. God deserves to be revered. Any parent loves their child and does not want them to be afraid of them. They want to be respected.