The Blessings of Our Trials

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does everything at times seem to go awry? You can be sure it’s just the “old man”! There’s nothing you know you did intentionally wrong but for some reason the bottom has dropped out, and for now your left feeling empty, with no desire for anything—even eating; and this uneasiness is something that feels like nothing else!

For the believer, it’s just a test for exercising your faith in Christ, that all is still “well with your soul,” and so now you just have to ride it out until it passes. By riding it out I mean putting it all on the Father and continue trusting that He is still using everything for “our good” (Ro 8:28), and that He hasn’t changed His mind concerning anything!

Again, it’s just another trial that you’re going through, which is part of all our trials that God uses to teach and guide us as to how bad the severity of our old man (sin nature) can be, which reveals the purity and holiness of how God’s nature is. One of many promises is certain, and that is that “God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1Co 10:13).

God’s means of “making a way” in order to endure it is wrapped up in 1Peter 5:7, which says “Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.” “All our care,” not cares, but as in a single package—the good and the bad. This is exactly what our trials are for, always entrusting God with everything. He knows all we want is to please Him and He makes certain of that (Phl 2:13). Thus three is nothing which we are to be “troubled” over (Jn 14:1, 27).

We can take our trials as tokens of glorifying God, showing Him that as nothing changes with His love for us, neither does ours when encountering the hardness we must endure for Him!

“Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh” (Pro 3:25).

With Much Love and Exhortation

NC

Reactions: marks

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good insight! Boy can I relate to strange trials that hit unexpectedly and not necessarily in relation to how I've been living. Some "negative experiences" are course corrections, perhaps because I've allowed an unloving attitude into my life, or a judgmental spirit, or a compromise of some kind. God loves us and wants to keep us holy and connected to Himself and to His Word.

But there is also a kind of "negative experience" in which God uses us to demonstrate His unconditional love. We suffer because we stand up for righteousness in a world that hates God's righteousness. They consider God's word of obedience to be stifling, cruel, and judgmental.

And so, out of the blue people you love and people of the world may suddenly turn on you with a vengeance. And though you may be tempted to blame yourself as "imperfect," the truth is, you are simply being a martyr of some kind, suffering the things that Christ himself suffered for his obedience to the Father.

This truly teaches us trust in God and fidelity to the truth, while maintaining a proper loving attitude. It truly isn't easy, particularly when those you've loved and trusted turn on you, accusing you of things you know are not in your heart!

Thanks for the good word, brother. You're very encouraging in your sensitivity to these truly spiritual concepts! We are indeed learning to live in the "New Man," discarding the influences of our "Old Man." Without suffering these "negative experiences," we fail to show God's light in a dark world. And God doesn't take us the cheap way out.

Reactions: Pisteuo and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does everything at times seem to go awry? You can be sure it’s just the “old man”! There’s nothing you know you did intentionally wrong but for some reason the bottom has dropped out, and for now your left feeling empty, with no desire for anything—even eating; and this uneasiness is something that feels like nothing else!

For the believer, it’s just a test for exercising your faith in Christ, that all is still “well with your soul,” and so now you just have to ride it out until it passes. By riding it out I mean putting it all on the Father and continue trusting that He is still using everything for “our good” (Ro 8:28), and that He hasn’t changed His mind concerning anything!

Again, it’s just another trial that you’re going through, which is part of all our trials that God uses to teach and guide us as to how bad the severity of our old man (sin nature) can be, which reveals the purity and holiness of how God’s nature is. One of many promises is certain, and that is that “God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1Co 10:13).

God’s means of “making a way” in order to endure it is wrapped up in 1Peter 5:7, which says “Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.” “All our care,” not cares, but as in a single package—the good and the bad. This is exactly what our trials are for, always entrusting God with everything. He knows all we want is to please Him and He makes certain of that (Phl 2:13). Thus three is nothing which we are to be “troubled” over (Jn 14:1, 27).

We can take our trials as tokens of glorifying God, showing Him that as nothing changes with His love for us, neither does ours when encountering the hardness we must endure for Him!

“Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh” (Pro 3:25).

With Much Love and Exhortation

NC
Good reminder! God is always working good for us, He loves us so much!

My trials don't really seem to stop, so I know God is intently focused on me!

Much love!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good insight! Boy can I relate to strange trials that hit unexpectedly and not necessarily in relation to how I've been living. Some "negative experiences" are course corrections, perhaps because I've allowed an unloving attitude into my life, or a judgmental spirit, or a compromise of some kind. God loves us and wants to keep us holy and connected to Himself and to His Word.
Fortunately it doesn't matter what happens to believers, it always work out for them! Thanks for the reply and comments, and God bless.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good reminder! God is always working good for us, He loves us so much!

My trials don't really seem to stop, so I know God is intently focused on me!

Much love!
Yes, I see what you mean. My trials are on and off and I know it will be like this until we're out.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ironic. My congregation's word of the year this year is PRESSURE. To embrace the fact that we are better under pressure.
True! It's when we are exercising and wielding our "shield of faith" (Eph 6:16) that we are being at our strongest!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True! It's when we are exercising and wielding our "shield of faith" (Eph 6:16) that we are being at our strongest!!
One pastor put it this way. By embracing Christ, our troubles do not diminish. But we are stronger and more able to handle the troubles we have.

When we rebound off our troubles toward God, we know we are living as God intends.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One pastor put it this way. By embracing Christ, our troubles do not diminish. But we are stronger and more able to handle the troubles we have.

When we rebound off our troubles toward God, we know we are living as God intends.
That's pretty good and thanks! Our problems need not to "trouble" us (Jn 14:1, 27), and can always be seen as just problems, which are stepping stones to what God desires to tech us through them.

Reactions: marks and Pisteuo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's pretty good and thanks! Our problems need not to "trouble" us (Jn 14:1, 27), and can always be seen as just problems, which are stepping stones to what God desires to tech us through them.
Yes, also to inspire others that with God's help, they do can react to problems with the fruit of the Spirit. One example is from several years ago.

An old friend asked me to help him as he convelesced from knee surgery. His wife chose this time to visit an out of state relative which enraged my friend. Not once but twice, he became enraged at me while I was there to help him. When I first arrived and moved an old stereo when his wife was present. Her and I bonded over his outburst, which was apparently far too common with his wife and children.

The second time was a couple of days later when I used a pot to boil potatoes to then mash. Although I was only boiling the potatoes at that moment, when he realized my intent was to mash them in the same pot, he went wild. That was the good pot, you see. Another old pot is what he uses to mash the potatoes.

He told me later my calm response, focusing on the solution rather than his rage, made him feel ashamed. He also said that my response proves daily Bible reading and getting closer to God changed me and gave me a strength he knew he wanted. He's been getting closer to God since then. Amen!

Reactions: marks and Pisteuo

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, also to inspire others that with God's help, they do can react to problems with the fruit of the Spirit. One example is from several years ago.

An old friend asked me to help him as he convelesced from knee surgery. His wife chose this time to visit an out of state relative which enraged my friend. Not once but twice, he became enraged at me while I was there to help him. When I first arrived and moved an old stereo when his wife was present. Her and I bonded over his outburst, which was apparently far too common with his wife and children.

The second time was a couple of days later when I used a pot to boil potatoes to then mash. Although I was only boiling the potatoes at that moment, when he realized my intent was to mash them in the same pot, he went wild. That was the good pot, you see. Another old pot is what he uses to mash the potatoes.

He told me later my calm response, focusing on the solution rather than his rage, made him feel ashamed. He also said that my response proves daily Bible reading and getting closer to God changed me and gave me a strength he knew he wanted. He's been getting closer to God since then. Amen!
Sounds good, thank you God!

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to see these trials as opportunities to shine. Denying the urge to feel like it’s about me and instead using the situation to glorify God. I’ve certainly not perfected the method but it is becoming more natural to me now. I know these times are used for our growth and development. But no matter what we are going through it cannot stop us from calling on and verbally loving Jesus. Less concentrating on me and making it about Him assures the victory.

Reactions: marks and Wrangler

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to see these trials as opportunities to shine. Denying the urge to feel like it’s about me and instead using the situation to glorify God. I’ve certainly not perfected the method but it is becoming more natural to me now. I know these times are used for our growth and development. But no matter what we are going through it cannot stop us from calling on and verbally loving Jesus. Less concentrating on me and making it about Him assures the victory.
I like what you said. God makes sure that we are always guided according to His will, as He "works "in us (Phl 2:13). Thus, everything is used to teach us.