The Book of Revelation, Understood?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John”

JESUS is God.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
With a day being like a thousand years shortly becomes debatable as to its meaning.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John”

JESUS is God.

PICJAG.

Sounds great!

Revelation, the uncovering of what has been hidden from view . . . Genetive Case . . . possessed by, or originating from, Jesus.

Jesus' revelation, that God gave Him, to show us.

Things that must soon, or suddenly, come to pass.

Sent and signified . . .

I often hear that "signified" is to mean that it's all put in symbols, but the word is used in just the opposite way.

The same word appears, for instance, in John 21, where Jesus tells Peter how he's going to die, which is an interesting study in itself, after all, how does what Jesus said signify how Peter will die? But not to get too sidetracked . . .

The point being, the word means to give information, not conceal it.

Thayer's comment . . . "equivalent to to make known: absolutely Revelation 1:1"

Also interesting to me, Jesus sent this revelation by an angel to John, while John's vision was first of Jesus Himself.

God gave a revelation to Jesus, who sent it by an angel to John, to make known what was going to happen.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With a day being like a thousand years shortly becomes debatable as to its meaning.
Thanks for the reply, Good question. consider this. as said, a day is "like" a thousand years, based on that then the Lord Jesus has been gone only a couple of days. yes, this is debatable. but what if we used the day as a thousand years. then by the Lord jesus leaving when he was 33 years old, that will bring his return around 2033 which is 13 years away. I base this on Hosea 6:2 "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight".

so by God time he's been gone nearly or only a couple of days, and that's "quickly".

PICJAG.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Base12

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also interesting to me, Jesus sent this revelation by an angel to John, while John's vision was first of Jesus Himself.

God gave a revelation to Jesus, who sent it by an angel to John, to make known what was going to happen.
Good question, well the angel reveals who Jesus is in Revelation 22:6. listen, Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done".

now marks, notice the angel said, "the Lord God" of the holy prophets, which means the God of the OT, and the NT. but the God of the OT and the NT is JESUS. so God in Revelation 1:1 is Jesus.

PICJAG.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question, well the angel reveals who Jesus is in Revelation 22:6. listen, Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done".

now marks, notice the angel said, "the Lord God" of the holy prophets, which means the God of the OT, and the NT. but the God of the OT and the NT is JESUS. so God in Revelation 1:1 is Jesus.

PICJAG.
Jesus is God! Yes!

But did you post this to make an anti-trinitarian thread?

YHWH is most certainly Jesus, we are in full agreement on that, just the same, you know I'm trinitarian.

But in your view, this could have been more simply written, after all, why say that God gave Jesus a revelation if what He's really saying is that Jesus gave Jesus a revelation? Doesn't that just make it more confusing?

The one who gives and the one who receives the gift are the same One?

The Father gives a revelation to the Son.

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God! Yes!

But did you post this to make an anti-trinitarian thread?

YHWH is most certainly Jesus, we are in full agreement on that, just the same, you know I'm trinitarian.

But in your view, this could have been more simply written, after all, why say that God gave Jesus a revelation if what He's really saying is that Jesus gave Jesus a revelation? Doesn't that just make it more confusing?

The one who gives and the one who receives the gift are the same One?

The Father gives a revelation to the Son.

Much love!

NO, as the topic states, "UNDERSTOOD". be ye trinitarian, or not, the word of God is to be "UNDERSTOOD", now what one do with it is up to them.
why say that God gave Jesus a revelation if what He's really saying is that Jesus gave Jesus a revelation? Doesn't that just make it more confusing?
answer, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me". so Marks who is the "ARM" of God? see, the word of God is truth, hence the TRUTH, or the "REVELATION".... "UNDERSTOOD".

PICJAG.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO, as the topic states, "UNDERSTOOD". be ye trinitarian, or not, the word of God is to be "UNDERSTOOD", now what one do with it is up to them.

answer, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me". so Marks who is the "ARM" of God? see, the word of God is truth, hence the TRUTH, or the "REVELATION".... "UNDERSTOOD".

PICJAG.
OK, we've been around this one before. I'm sorry, I thought you were looking to do a verse by verse study, and I thought I'd contribute, but I'm not into another trinitarian debate.

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, we've been around this one before. I'm sorry, I thought you were looking to do a verse by verse study, and I thought I'd contribute, but I'm not into another trinitarian debate.

Much love!
that's what's Im doing.

but if not intrested that's ok

PICJAG.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's what's Im doing.

but if not intrested that's ok

PICJAG.
You realize that what I'm not interested in is the trinitarian debate, which is what you've been responding to me with. I am always interested in a verse by verse study of any part of Scripture.

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Opening of the Book or the Letter begins with who this letter is about and from. the book or this letter is about the Lord Jesus Christ himself. meaning there is some revelation about the Lord Jesus that we need to know. (a) of him being the Christ. (b) of the Lord Jesus being the NEW CREATION. (c) the Lord Jesus return as God Almighty. from his earthly beginning of flesh and bone with blood, to his glorified stated in flesh and bone without blood. this is interesting in the fact that God gave the Lord Jesus revelations about himself. to understand this lack of knowledge about himself concerning certain future events to come, see the topic question “if the Lord Jesus is God how come he don’t know his return date?”. with that answered, we will continue our present study.

This revelation is to show us the things that must shortly come to pass. question, what things?, the future. but if it was shortly in John’s day, now over two thousand year have passed, what do shortly means?. answer, 2 Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day”. from this verse alone, it have only been approx two days (in God time) that have past. also verse 1 states, “he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John”. the question comes to mind “who is the he that sent his angel?”. good question, was it the one called father?, or the one called the Son?. this son is one of God's title in the Latter day, Hebrews 1:1 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,Hebrews 1:2 "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

conclusion to verse 1: the Lord Jesus is God, what a revelation. at the very first verse we get a revelation of a life time.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You realize that what I'm not interested in is the trinitarian debate, which is what you've been responding to me with. I am always interested in a verse by verse study of any part of Scripture.

Much love!
see, Mark you jump to these conclusion, not me. I just open it up.

PICJAG.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but what if we used the day as a thousand years. then by the Lord jesus leaving when he was 33 years old, that will bring his return around 2033 which is 13 years away.
Yes!

I've been looking forward to that date for a long time to see if that's it or not.

So glad someone else sees this. :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!

I've been looking forward to that date for a long time to see if that's it or not.

So glad someone else sees this. :)
yes, this is what these forums are for, to have imput and many think alike. please post what you have, because we all are learning

thank for the insight.
in my next post I'll give my understand of Hosea 6:2 "After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight".

PS, to all, this topic was not started for argument, but for knowledge and information. if one have knowledge or an understanding on something please post it.

PICJAG.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This thread could be edyfying. Thanks for starting it 101G. I "understand" you contribute to numerous Christian-oriented internet forums so you will know how rarely a consensus of opinion is arrived at. Fortunately blessings come from reading, hearing, and keeping the contents of the Book of Revelation, not necessarily having a perfect understanding of all its imagery, metaphors, symbols, and patterns etc...

Rev 1:3

(3) Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Reactions: marks and 101G

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This revelation is to show us the things that must shortly come to pass.
101G, in your opinion, do you believe that the Book of Revelation also shows the past as well as the future?

I'm looking at this verse...

Revelation 1:19
"Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter"

I see it as...

Hast Seen = John's Past (perhaps some OT information?)
Which Are = John's Present Time
Shall Be Hereafter = John's Future

Do I have it correct?

Thanks.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G, in your opinion, do you believe that the Book of Revelation also shows the past as well as the future?

I'm looking at this verse...

Revelation 1:19
"Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter"

I see it as...

Hast Seen = John's Past (perhaps some OT information?)
Which Are = John's Present Time
Shall Be Hereafter = John's Future

Do I have it correct?

Thanks.
Correct. if i may, I know that we're going verse by verse, and chapter by chapter. but the Holy Spirit gave me a quick understand of the book if one start at chapter 12 at Christ birth and work back to the 7 letters to the 7 churches, and pick back up at chapter 13 and onto the end of the book one could see the whole picture. but we'll go from 1-22.

so yes you are correct.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Base12

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Little men just can't seem to get their mind around the fact that God is outside time and God must look at time like a line drawn in the sand. aT one end of the line, God can now still see Adam and the other end He can see the end of this age. So God could see that Adam would choose sin and that Jesus would be sent to earth to give His blood and life on that Roman cross to pay our sin debt which is a very good thing for us but those that did the
crucifixion were doing evil for evil reasons!!! Try to think and understand!
Almighty God is the Alpha and the Omega=the Beginning and the End. God knows little men's thoughts before he can think them. God gave us choice but He knows what our choice was before we were born as God is outside time and God has already seen this movie we call life but remember just because God already knows what we choose IT WAS ALL OUR CHOICE!
Yes!!! God is outside time!!! Psalms 139:16
. "You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your books
. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."
God's elect"?? ==== God's elect are those that God knows will choose to believe and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior!!