The Changing Roll of the Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm not sure if we will ever get back to the traditional roll of the church as it has slowly evolved into something I personally do not recognise. Very much like the family unit, the church used to be the cultural and spiritual center of christian faith and activity. Te Ao (our world)

Now days, I don't recognise it very much as the same place . Has anyone else noticed this?

and why?

rsz_312459046_483689177121256_1998328095512210743_n.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've only been Mormon and Catholic. Neither really follows the bible's strict directive to sell all your possessions and live in a common wealth and good. Caring for the poor and widows, etc. I think when Jesus returns things will be different though. But now I'm not really Mormon or Catholic. But I watch both online for something to do :D

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its time for an all out return to learning the bible well . Learn JESUS . Learn His teachings
learn what the apostels taught . Men have twisted stuff is the problem .
OH , but if one would just return to the learning the bibles for themselves things could have seen so simple indeed .
We are in the great falling away now my dear sister . But the lambs march on in the LORD , faithful TO HE unto the end .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've only been Mormon and Catholic. Neither really follows the bible's strict directive to sell all your possessions and live in a common wealth and good. Caring for the poor and widows, etc. I think when Jesus returns things will be different though. But now I'm not really Mormon or Catholic. But I watch both online for something to do :D
Stop making excuses . Them churches , both camps , are dangerous .
We need to be learning bibles for ourselves . And stop just trying to have unity under this god who is NO GOD , but rather the dragon .
Satan knows how to use the word LOVE to devin . ONLY rest assured It cometh NOT OF GOD .
Now we NEED to get back IN BIBLES . Stop letting men make excuses and twist things . Thus unity and this love they holler so much
has only drawn folks farther and farther away FROM GOD , FROM CHRIST and right under the dragon who is leading the world as
one to unite under the beast . GET IN BIBLES and stay in bibles . and we can look out for one another and THE LORD will watch over us all .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Angelina,

Having been a church goer on and off through my life. A couple of thoughts come to my mind when going to church on and off like that, and even if popping up into a church building which there are dozens of around here in Alabama. The first thought is, the importance of learning the word of God, using the Bible in conjunction to give a lesson by and through study of a select chapter going verse by verse. The second thought is, there was many people at church this morning that go every Sunday religiously, Church is great in a certain way as it is somewhere a person can talk about God; but when it comes to church sometimes - it is as though everything can just be a facade.

For me personally there is nothing wrong with people if they desire to go to church, if they are actually teaching the Bible verse by verse being straight forward and honest even that they may not be right, and actually say that it is possible for themselves to be wrong and that anyone else should check and test everything according to the Bible, would be a good teacher in my opinion to have teaching, along side with researched topics on the matters by use of the Bible, and of course always being lead by the Holy Spirit.

Thank you for your question,
Matthew

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure if we will ever get back to the traditional roll of the church ... Very much like the family unit, the church used to be the cultural and spiritual center of christian faith and activity.

I believe technology changed what is the center. Starting with radio, then TV, now the internet. The proliferation of common-interest websites has produced an unprecedented decentralizing of society's across the globe.

There could be a brick and mortar church building right across the street. However, I am a dues paying member of a church in Australia and connect via the web.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to add, also not everyone has the same experiences growing up. Some people have it all together early in life, some people it takes a little longer for them to get straightened out if they ever decide to go along with God.

You also had mentioned family unit; I do not really know what it is like to have what to me would be considered a family because of having grown up with a brother, and sister both older than me, with a father who was never around. Therefore because of my Mother having always to work two jobs by her own choice; gave me a lot of free times to take up time however it may have been spent, like looking at picture books, listening to music that would come across the way (never been a fan of Christian music - always like heavy metal, rap, video game music), playing video games, sometimes would have friends come by and pick me up to go out somewhere.

Family is a strong word as with-in a family of believers; there should be by the spirit, love, trust, having the same mind towards God that he loves and cares for all people, to love people unconditionally (such a difficult thing), to share one another burden but continue to carry our own loads which each of us have, to do all things in the name of the Lord serving him and others (Even the most troubled :'( ). Praying for our enemies and situations that people are in from incidents, accidents and even for those who are in the Governing positions now today.

To love God first, is the first commandment so with all this, the most important thing no matter if you go to a church or not. Love God first, and love your neighbor as yourself which is what Yeshua had stated with-in the Gospel of the Good News of Christ.

"Church can happen anywhere" - when 2 or 3 are gathered in his name he is in the mist of them.

Reactions: Angelina

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure if we will ever get back to the traditional roll of the church as it has slowly evolved into something I personally do not recognise. Very much like the family unit, the church used to be the cultural and spiritual center of christian faith and activity. Te Ao (our world)

Now days, I don't recognise it very much as the same place . Has anyone else noticed this?

and why?

Yes. Noticed a long time ago. We church at home. Christ’s Church is open 24-7. No dress code.

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

and why?

Absolutely, yes I have noticed it. The family unit is a good comparison Angelina. The church is supposed to BE a family in the Spiritual sense. They have become very, very cliquey and soft on sin-not all but, many that I have been to.

Why? "The love of many shall grow cold" is one reason perhaps, and the lack of teaching God's whole council also, spirits not of God creeping into the pulpits and pews!
Gosh, it could be so many things...JMO.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Absolutely, yes I have noticed it. The family unit is a good comparison Angelina. The church is supposed to BE a family in the Spiritual sense. They have become very, very cliquey and soft on sin-not all but, many that I have been to.

Why? "The love of many shall grow cold" is one reason perhaps, and the lack of teaching God's whole council also, spirits not of God creeping into the pulpits and pews!
Gosh, it could be so many things...JMO.
@Nancy What you say reminds me of John Newton's words:

"Weak is the effort of my heart
And cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art,
I'll praise Thee as I ought."

(cc @Marilyn C ))

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Covid has made a difference also...

Acts 2.42 principles - in whatever geographical location that they are practised - do remain invariable...

Yes. A Dictator Fraudulently Sits in a Free People’s House, to Whit, the Dictator, Promised BY OATH, with his Hand set upon the Written Word of God, to protect a Free People’s God given Liberty TO GATHER TOGETHER in a House of Prayer, established unto the Lord God...
AND LIED!

A willful Liar, makes “excuses” for his “lies”.
The flu, renamed, was the inexcusable “excuse” the Dictator used, to “mandate” (NOT a Law enacted, by Congress, ie the Law making Authority)....but “mandated”, simply by a Dictator declaring...
Gods House of Prayer, BE CLOSED.

Biden has over-stepped his authority. Those IN Christ are not Fooled.

2 Cor 12:
[19a] Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? (Joe?)

No Joe, your lies, your mandates, your hoaxes, are accounted to you.

Yes, a man IN Christ, 24-7, any location, IS with and IN the Lord God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

and why?

Why? All Human men are corrupt. And the Majority of Human men are CONTENT, with remaining Corrupt.

Will WE get back to? We...IN Christ are already New Creatures.

We...who “remain” Corrupt ARE the Majority, who “Promote, Advocate, Reward” “corruption”...

The Majority of human men, Support, Seat, Exalt, the FEW Corrupt who: Promote, Advocate, Reward “corruption”.

No. No matter How many round table Diplomatic discussions a handful of Human men “pretend and imply is the PEACE and SAFETY for and of the World”..........Human men WILL NEVER accomplish.

Peace and Safety of the World SHALL only be accomplished, BY, Through, Of; the Lord God Almighty Himself.

And Praise God, A few men HAVE NOW (UNSEEN TO THE WORLD) the peace and safety of God...

Understand this...The Corrupt world of men, ARE confounded, WORK endlessly TRYING to SEE, the peace and safety of God some men HAVE....Because IF “they” can SEE IT....their goal is to Destroy it.
And...FYI every day, scientifically, they advance.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? All Human men are corrupt. And the Majority of Human men are CONTENT, with remaining Corrupt.

Will WE get back to? We...IN Christ are already New Creatures.

We...who “remain” Corrupt ARE the Majority, who “Promote, Advocate, Reward” “corruption”...

The Majority of human men, Support, Seat, Exalt, the FEW Corrupt who: Promote, Advocate, Reward “corruption”.

No. No matter How many round table Diplomatic discussions a handful of Human men “pretend and imply is the PEACE and SAFETY for and of the World”..........Human men WILL NEVER accomplish.

Peace and Safety of the World SHALL only be accomplished, BY, Through, Of; the Lord God Almighty Himself.

And Praise God, A few men HAVE NOW (UNSEEN TO THE WORLD) the peace and safety of God...

Understand this...The Corrupt world of men, ARE confounded, WORK endlessly TRYING to SEE, the peace and safety of God some men HAVE....Because IF “they” can SEE IT....their goal is to Destroy it.
And...FYI every day, scientifically, they advance.

Interesting, did you mean men verses women. That men are corrupt and women aren't.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep we have a dictatorship problems. And yes it is in the churches also. People crave power due to not being in control of their own self and life or fear of not controlling some outcome. They tend to overcompensate and try and control everything they can. It's a form of control and domineering.

The scriptures teach us to govern without domineering (1 Peter 5:2-3).

But we don't always see that in churches.

Reactions: Pearl and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Devin ~
Gods Teaching...Warnings...
Natural and Spiritual at odds.
Gods Offering...via His Power;
From Natural to Spiritual...
Odds overcome.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do think churches need to govern their houses to be a house of order. Where their doctrine is taught and there is no overthrowing of governing. People can then simply choose to believe or leave. And that is in fact what has happened over the years. We have so many denominations now.

And the pleasant thing is we all have the same bible text to refer to in deciding which church to believe in.

I do like some aspects of the different churches. But there is not one that follows the bible completely in my opinion. And many have adopted their own beliefs and traditions aside from the bible.

Reactions: Pearl