The Choice Is Ours = Deuteronomy 30;19, Joshua 24;15

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
----------------------------------------------------------------

Deuteronomy 30;19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Joshua 24;15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Psalm 25;12-13
What man is he that feareth the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way that He shall choose. His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

Isaiah 56;4-7
For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

Also the sons of the stranger that join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the Sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Romans 10;8-13
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

AMEN

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Deuteronomy 30;19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Joshua 24;15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Psalm 25;12-13
What man is he that feareth the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way that He shall choose. His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

Isaiah 56;4-7
For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

Also the sons of the stranger that join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the Sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Romans 10;8-13
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

AMEN

Although you altered the verse maam, Josh 24:15 is one of my favorite verses and it puts it right on the line as well. If a person thinks Jehovah is evil, or unrighteous not fit to be worshipped. then let them select whatever god they choose to worship, but as for me an my household, we shall serve Jehovah. Great verse maam! Glad you posted it.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Deuteronomy 30;19

Joshua 24;15

Psalm 25;12-13

Isaiah 56;4-7

Romans 10;8-13

AMEN
And we make these choices with every thought, word and deed that we choose each and every day.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Deuteronomy 30;19

Joshua 24;15

Psalm 25;12-13

Isaiah 56;4-7

Romans 10;8-13

AMEN

Hello Miz,

so it is and so it has always been:

The LORD God gave man this order: "You are free to eat from any of the trees of the garden

except the tree of knowledge of good and bad. From that tree you shall not eat; the moment you eat from it you are surely doomed to die."

Do we choose LIFE? or death?

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Nancy

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although you altered the verse maam, Josh 24:15 is one of my favorite verses and it puts it right on the line as well. If a person thinks Jehovah is evil, or unrighteous not fit to be worshipped. then let them select whatever god they choose to worship, but as for me an my household, we shall serve Jehovah. Great verse maam! Glad you posted it.

Where did she alter it?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She used a version of the Bible that changed Jehovah to LORD. Makes much more sense when you leave Jehovah's name where it is found in the Bible, much less confusing.
That is not altered. She could say the same for your Bible. doesn't make more sense to me.
I never called my earthly father by his name, I won't do it to my Heavenly Father.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although you altered the verse maam...
Indeed, as it is written, every man is liar. But... then should we not be more careful with our pronouncements against others until and if we are certain we always as correct and perfect as God is?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not altered. She could say the same for your Bible. doesn't make more sense to me.
I never called my earthly father by his name, I won't do it to my Heavenly Father.

There you have it maam. Thank you for making that clear. There are facts and there are opinions. The Bible either originally stated YHWH there or Adonai. I state it said YHWH, and you disagree. That is your choice. I on the other hand, having been drawn by Jehovah am now among a people for His name.

(Acts 15:14) . . .Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. I am greatly saddened that you have chosen otherwise, but I fully respect your right to choose.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, as it is written, every man is liar. But... then should we not be more careful with our pronouncements against others until and if we are certain we always as correct and perfect as God is?

Jehovah's people are not only bearers of the good news Amad, but also the agents through which Jehovah warns others. While the poster did not personally alter the passage, but her posting it, she showed full agreement with it. Do you understand what I mean? Changing Jehovah's name to LORD is a very serious matter, in fact, most of the world that claims to be His people, do not even know that He is God, rather they have come to place His son above Him. Does that make any sense?

I was trying to be effective in my post to show the poster the seriousness of what we speak, and motivate her to do research to determine if what I said had a ring of truth. A person can tell someone something, but ultimately to reach the heart, a truth must be discovered by them to really make the point stick.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah's people are not only bearers of the good news Amad, but also the agents through which Jehovah warns others. While the poster did not personally alter the passage, but her posting it, she showed full agreement with it. Do you understand what I mean? Changing Jehovah's name to LORD is a very serious matter, in fact, most of the world that claims to be His people, do not even know that He is God, rather they have come to place His son above Him. Does that make any sense?

I was trying to be effective in my post to show the poster the seriousness of what we speak, and motivate her to do research to determine if what I said had a ring of truth. A person can tell someone something, but ultimately to reach the heart, a truth must be discovered by them to really make the point stick.
I understand that your point was to stop her from pronouncing even in ignorance what you consider a lie. My point was that anyone who has not yet overcome all of the world as Jesus did, is a liar in some measure now. That includes me and you! Don't people do this all of the time when they sincerely state or support a belief that according to God is in error...?

I am not against research and study of the things of God, but it seems to me to be more important to be IN His name following the lead of the Spirit of God than to be able to pronounce His name correctly with mouth and tongue... How does a person get into His name?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you have it maam. Thank you for making that clear. There are facts and there are opinions. The Bible either originally stated YHWH there or Adonai. I state it said YHWH, and you disagree. That is your choice. I on the other hand, having been drawn by Jehovah am now among a people for His name.

(Acts 15:14) . . .Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. I am greatly saddened that you have chosen otherwise, but I fully respect your right to choose.
You are acting very puffed up IMO.
There are facts and there are opinions. Yours is an opinion as well.
I worship "The LORD thy God that brought thee out of the land of Egypt" Do you really think God cares if I refer to Him as Father? He knows me and knows why. You can take your judgementalism elsewhere. You have no idea of my relationship with God.

The Bible either originally stated YHWH there or Adonai. I state it said YHWH, and you disagree

And I never said that either. I said she did not alter anything.

And I feel sorry for you because of your views on Jesus' divinity.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that your point was to stop her from pronouncing even in ignorance what you consider a lie. My point was that anyone who has not yet overcome all of the world as Jesus did, is a liar in some measure now. That includes me and you! Don't people do this all of the time when they sincerely state or support a belief that according to God is in error...?

I am not against research and study of the things of God, but it seems to me to be more important to be IN His name following the lead of the Spirit of God than to be able to pronounce His name correctly with mouth and tongue... How does a person get into His name?

Actually I don't consider it a lie per se, but it is a definite alteration. I also believe it was deliberately altered to support a belief. Many of the more complete versions tell of the alteration in their forward. But at any rate, changing what is written originally in the Bible is serious. Deleting God's name from the Bible in my opinion is extremely serious for us individually considering Rom 10:13. Salvation is dependent upon calling upon Jehovah's name. Changing YHWH to Adonai in my opinion is one of the biggest factors of people deifying Jesus over Jehovah. How serious is that Amad.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are acting very puffed up IMO.
There are facts and there are opinions. Yours is an opinion as well.
I worship "The LORD thy God that brought thee out of the land of Egypt" Do you really think God cares if I refer to Him as Father? He knows me and knows why. You can take your judgementalism elsewhere. You have no idea of my relationship with God.

And I never said that either. I said she did not alter anything.

And I feel sorry for you because of your views on Jesus' divinity.

Let me just sum it up in honesty Cassy, Christians are required to teach all the things Jesus commanded, and of course obey them as well. Jesus made Gods name known, Jn 17:26, therefore his followers do the same as well. You personally stated that you do not say God's name, which of course is your choice, which means you choose not to obey the assignment.

Perhaps you may not realize that salvation is dependent upon calling on God's name, Rom 10:13, but that is what the Bible says, not also verse 14 and 15 as well, our responsibility to make His name known. There are many gods and lords maam, but only one Jehovah, who is the God of us Christians 1 Cor 8:5.

Jesus is not God, and I would fully recommend you worship Jehovah exclusively as the verse you quoted actually says, as He is the God that brought us out of Egypt. And I fully recommend obedience to what Jesus stated to satan at Mat 4:10: Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

The truth is that you have no close friends that you do not call by name, and you will never become close to God by choosing not to call Him by name either.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth is that you have no close friends that you do not call by name, and you will never become close to God by choosing not to call Him by name either.

This is mega goofy. You have absolutely no business telling me if I will be close to God or not by reciting his name. He knows who I am, and I know who He is. This really hacks me off. the nerve--Like you are talking down your nose. I have a relationship with God and Jesus. He knows, and you sure as heck don't.

As for Jesus, John 1:1, back at ya. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. So did He make Himself?" Of course not. Because He is not created.

Also "my Bible says of the 2nd coming ,
"Every ye shall see him...", and speaks of a visible, audible return of Jesus.

Rev 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." and

I Thess 4:16-17:
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

You have him coming back in 1914, which is incorrect.

We both believe that the dead sleep until the resurrection. But if Jesus is back, does that mean that dead folk are all going to heaven now?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I don't consider it a lie per se, but it is a definite alteration.

If it had been changed as you say, who would that affect ultimately other than the perpetrators? Could one hungering and thirsting after the righteousness of God be lost because of anyone else's errors or wrongful purposes? I do not believe so.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

As to the liars, all of us?

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev 21:8

What kind of liars have their part as per the cited verses? What would God say on this point? Who lies and who is a liar? Is it a lie in our heart? What does God really say on that point?

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged" Rom 3:4

I also believe it was deliberately altered to support a belief.
I believe that people today, especially perhaps on forums like this one, do alter or omit or add to better argue their own point... but who is able to judge such a thing without God's help?

On this point in a current instance, is where I would back off unless it was clear in my own heart and that God wanted me to open my mouth about it. Not enough people it seems to me know when to be silent. Many it seems when they do speak say the wrong the things. Should I be judging without God's input?

Many of the more complete versions tell of the alteration in their forward. But at any rate, changing what is written originally in the Bible is serious.
Of course, what the affected person actually believes the Bible to be might make more of a difference to God more so than what we the onlookers believe it to be.
Deleting God's name from the Bible in my opinion is extremely serious for us individually considering Rom 10:13.
What is it saying to me? Does not God know and judge on that?

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Rom 10:13-15

Salvation is dependent upon calling upon Jehovah's name. Changing YHWH to Adonai in my opinion is one of the biggest factors of people deifying Jesus over Jehovah. How serious is that Amad.
What does God hear from a deaf mute?

Salvation is important to whom? Is it more important than loving God? Should we seek salvation, or should we seeking God wanting to love Him as He loves us? Can a person seek one more than the other? Which one should be first?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is mega goofy. You have absolutely no business telling me if I will be close to God or not by reciting his name. He knows who I am, and I know who He is. This really hacks me off. the nerve--Like you are talking down your nose. I have a relationship with God and Jesus. He knows, and you sure as heck don't.

As for Jesus, John 1:1, back at ya. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. So did He make Himself?" Of course not. Because He is not created.

Also "my Bible says of the 2nd coming ,
"Every ye shall see him...", and speaks of a visible, audible return of Jesus.

Rev 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." and

I Thess 4:16-17:
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

You have him coming back in 1914, which is incorrect.

We both believe that the dead sleep until the resurrection. But if Jesus is back, does that mean that dead folk are all going to heaven now?

I simply state truth maam, you and I both know you do not have one close friend that you do not call by name. When Jesus returns one of the qualifications for life is knowing God, I don't say this, the Bible does 2 Cor 1:8. It is satan that tries to keep God's name hidden from us, why? Because as I pointed out, calling on His name is a requirement for life Rom 10:13.

Another verse among my favorites is found at Josh 24:15 when we were disputing among ourselves then, Joshua pointed out much of what Jehovah had done for us, but many were complaining, so Joshua told them point blank, you think Jehovah is evil, fine, serve the gods you choose, but as for me and my household we shall serve Jehovah. Although I recommend this for everyone, and I choose to practice it myself, we recognize that we cannot force others to do so, and in fact it is not our place. You personally have to choose the god that you answer to.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it had been changed as you say, who would that affect ultimately other than the perpetrators? Could one hungering and thirsting after the righteousness of God be lost because of anyone else's errors or wrongful purposes? I do not believe so.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

As to the liars, all of us?

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev 21:8

What kind of liars have their part as per the cited verses? What would God say on this point? Who lies and who is a liar? Is it a lie in our heart? What does God really say on that point?

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged" Rom 3:4

I believe that people today, especially perhaps on forums like this one, do alter or omit or add to better argue their own point... but who is able to judge such a thing without God's help?

On this point in a current instance, is where I would back off unless it was clear in my own heart and that God wanted me to open my mouth about it. Not enough people it seems to me know when to be silent. Many it seems when they do speak say the wrong the things. Should I be judging without God's input?

Of course, what the affected person actually believes the Bible to be might make more of a difference to God more so than what we the onlookers believe it to be.

What is it saying to me? Does not God know and judge on that?

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Rom 10:13-15

What does God hear from a deaf mute?

Salvation is important to whom? Is it more important than loving God? Should we seek salvation, or should we seeking God wanting to love Him as He loves us? Can a person seek one more than the other? Which one should be first?

Simply look at the evidence Amad. I personally believe that the removal of God's name is the biggest contributor to people believing Jesus is God, do you agree?

Salvation is important to me, and most likely to most. I would really salute and respect an individual who knew beyond any doubt that they would not receive salvation, yet serve God anyway. I would like to be able to say that myself, but I know I would be lying. I truly believe obeying God gives us the best life possible, but I am very sure I would be a quite different person if I knew for sure I would not receive the prize.
(1 Corinthians 15:32) . . .If the dead are not to be raised up, “let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die.. . .

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply look at the evidence Amad. I personally believe that the removal of God's name is the biggest contributor to people believing Jesus is God, do you agree?
I believe that people mostly follow others, be they family members, or church ministers, or friends, or respected/revered persons in secular activities [e.g. movie stars, sports figures, politicians]. For a person to actually change from that initial focus in his 'church'... unless it is move away from God completely becoming an unbeliever... is not such a common usual thing. For the most part they either leave churches altogether or they stay where they have always been.

As to the evidence someone does use to change or establish their belief, why should anyone believe other writings more than what is in the Bible? That they sometimes do, we know. What kind of evidence is a history book? What is even scientific evidence to one who is not a pure scientist?

For you the name of God is important. For me, it is as well, but in a different sense. On forums like this people outside of your church group may understand what mean when you speak of changing His name. I suspect not many in other assemblies offline who never frequent open forums similar to this one would have a clue what you even meant by changing His name. Certainly not by the Bible, which so many have scarcely read at all or in their reading their focus has been mostly to support what they have already been taught by someone.

Salvation is important to me, and most likely to most. I would really salute and respect an individual who knew beyond any doubt that they would not receive salvation, yet serve God anyway. I would like to be able to say that myself, but I know I would be lying. I truly believe obeying God gives us the best life possible, but I am very sure I would be a quite different person if I knew for sure I would not receive the prize.
(1 Corinthians 15:32) . . .If the dead are not to be raised up, “let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die.. . .
How much did a person love the spouse married supposedly "until death do us part" when first they met? Usually did not real love have to grow between the two?

What couple did not have serious difficulties not long after the marriage ceremony as they began to really get to know each other?

Why is it that so many marriages do not last a long lifetime?

Why does the initial attraction fade away and regret build within them?

What became of any initial promise to endure through sickness and adversity loving that person until death?

As long as things were going well, well! Did people so quickly come to doubt what they promised initially?

Where did that supposed "love" go after a couple of rough years of really seeing and getting to know that other person?

Are not a lot of people "serving" God like that? While it is an easy thing to do which is what others expect, they may be there in church sitting in the pew... but do they really love God all the times when they are not in that building and on that pew? Have they forgotten Him, like so many have forgotten their spouses, when they walk out the door... at least until next time? Will they flirt then with whoever or whatever attracts them when seemingly no one who knows them is watching?

When and where and for how long do these words penned by Apostle Paul fit into the equation?

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." I Cor 13:4-7

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply state truth maam, you and I both know you do not have one close friend that you do not call by name. When Jesus returns one of the qualifications for life is knowing God, I don't say this, the Bible does 2 Cor 1:8. It is satan that tries to keep God's name hidden from us, why? Because as I pointed out, calling on His name is a requirement for life Rom 10:13.

Another verse among my favorites is found at Josh 24:15 when we were disputing among ourselves then, Joshua pointed out much of what Jehovah had done for us, but many were complaining, so Joshua told them point blank, you think Jehovah is evil, fine, serve the gods you choose, but as for me and my household we shall serve Jehovah. Although I recommend this for everyone, and I choose to practice it myself, we recognize that we cannot force others to do so, and in fact it is not our place. You personally have to choose the god that you answer to.

You said 'When Jesus returns one of the qualifications for life is knowing God, I don't say this, the Bible does 2 Cor 1:8'.

Here is 2 Cor 1:8 "But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay."
Where in this verse, does the Bible say what you say it does.?

I feel so sorry for those people who went to all of the work, even unto death, to be able to give us the scriptures, and didn't call the Lord by his name, all the martyrs-- According to your writing, they will not have life. Now do you see how making blanket statements is kinda goofy if we learn the circumstances?

And you also said "Because as I pointed out, calling on His name is a requirement for life Rom 10:13."
Here is
Romans 10:13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” These folk didn't

Matt 14:30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner."

You wrote:
"Another verse among my favorites is found at Josh 24:15 when we were disputing among ourselves then, Joshua pointed out much of what Jehovah had done for us, but many were complaining, so Joshua told them point blank, you think Jehovah is evil, fine, serve the gods you choose, but as for me and my household we shall serve Jehovah"

Joshua 24:15
"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

I stated the truth too, and I already explained about how I wouldn't call my Father by his first name, out of respect. Has nothing to do with a close friend. You are the one who used the close friend argument. I was not part of that. It doesn't work. What did you call your Father? And why?

You also said this:
"When Jesus returns one of the qualifications for life is knowing God, I don't say this, the Bible does 2 Cor 1:8."

I thought you guys believed that Jesus is already here, since 1914.

Lev 19:18, Deut 6:5