The Chosen Season 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a general rule, i try to avoid watching too many Bible themed shows or movies that involves a physical portrayal of Christ, but The Chosen is on my "definitely will not watch" list. From what i hear and the clips that i saw, this series goes too far out of its way to contradict the Bible for me to watch. This is the literal embodiment of the passage where Paul talked about people humoring a false Jesus being preached to them.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As a general rule, i try to avoid watching too many Bible themed shows or movies that involves a physical portrayal of Christ, but The Chosen is on my "definitely will not watch" list. From what i hear and the clips that i saw, this series goes too far out of its way to contradict the Bible for me to watch. This is the literal embodiment of the passage where Paul talked about people humoring a false Jesus being preached to them.
I have found the series to be very good and you would need to give an actual example of where it contradicts the bible in order to put that up as an argument. This series is being watched by many people and I believe it is a good way to introduce the gospel to many who would not normally be open to hearing it.

As I said, perhaps offer an actual example for us to look at ……..
Rita

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohhhhh season 2 premieres tonight? I LOVED season one. I know they have the first five or so episodes out. I can't WAIT

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am still on series one, watching them on you tube….

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Chosen isn't a movie that claims to be a word for word translation of the Bible. They have taken scripture and put visuals to it that portray many things that actually happened, but also some things that could have been the way it happened ....but still do not take away or add to scripture. If you've not watched it, it would be hard to know that. Watching The Chosen isn't a lot different than listening to a sermon. You're hearing someone else's perspective on scripture. You should always pray and weigh it against scripture.

Reactions: Azim and Rita

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have found the series to be very good and you would need to give an actual example of where it contradicts the bible in order to put that up as an argument. This series is being watched by many people and I believe it is a good way to introduce the gospel to many who would not normally be open to hearing it.

As I said, perhaps offer an actual example for us to look at ……..
Rita
There are some red flags in the scene with Nicodemus that contradicts the Bible. First of all, Christ didn't go to Nicodemus. Nicodemus went to Him. Secondly, Christ didn't tell Nicodemus that his spirit needed to be reborn. He said a person must be born again(and that is far from being the same thing). At the end of the scene, Christ asks Nicodemus "what does your heart tell you?". The biblical Christ wouldn't and didn't say anything like that at all, because He of all people knew what Jer. 17 had to say about the human mind.

I understand why people love watching that show because Dallas's portrayal of Christ makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside, but this show is a prime example of 2 Cor. 11:4 where Paul warns about people being all too willing to humor a counterfeit Christ and a counterfeit gospel being preached to them.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are some red flags in the scene with Nicodemus that contradicts the Bible. First of all, Christ didn't go to Nicodemus. Nicodemus went to Him. Secondly, Christ didn't tell Nicodemus that his spirit needed to be reborn. He said a person must be born again(and that is far from being the same thing). At the end of the scene, Christ asks Nicodemus "what does your heart tell you?". The biblical Christ wouldn't and didn't say anything like that at all, because He of all people knew what Jer. 17 had to say about the human mind.

I understand why people love watching that show because Dallas's portrayal of Christ makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside, but this show is a prime example of 2 Cor. 11:4 where Paul warns about people being all too willing to humor a counterfeit Christ and a counterfeit gospel being preached to them.
Thank you
Hmm, I guess it’s how you interpret the words…if someone was to ask me what happened when I came to faith I often say ‘ spiritually I was reborn ‘ we are mental, physical. Emotional and spiritual beings, but it is the spiritual side of us that need awakening. Now you may disagree with that interpretation, but it’s often the only way I can describe what happened. What difference does it make if Jesus went to nicodemus or the other way around, the point is that they met. The Jesus portrayed in the program reflects the accounts of him in the gospels , so if you have a problem with that portrayal then you must be reading a different gospel to me.
What is counterfeit about a compassionate, caring Jesus who came alongside people……..
Still, many thanks for giving me an example………….
Rita

Reactions: Azim

Emily Write

Jul 19, 2021
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm watching this show with my family and we all love it so far. We do understand that the show has fictional plots to guess how the disciples might have been in there spare time as ordinary people, but the creators do try to mix in events of the Bible without changing what happened or what was said in the Bible and have done a good job so far talking about the significance of the life of Jesus Christ and the message His love preached.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I can’t get season 3 either……….I believe they are making 7seasons.
My son has watched seasons 1-2 now, he came to faith a few months ago. He really likes it as well.
Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Unless you've seen it how could you possibly know? Are you going to rely on the judgement of others?....not a very safe way of drawing conclusions!

Reactions: Rita

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s a Christmas special coming out in theaters on December 1st regarding the birth of Jesus. It’s the same director who is working on The Chosen.
It will eventually be available for free in the AngelVid app.

Reactions: Rita