The chosen were chosen for a purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My search engine found this site by mistake and now after visiting it I am not so sure; so, I came here looking for the ones in the know

The site confused me and I need clarity of purpose; HELP ME !!

Page 8

tooldtocare

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My search engine found this site by mistake and now after visiting it I am not so sure; so, I came here looking for the ones in the know

Page 8

tooldtocare

Welcome to the site. You'll find may differing opinions here based on a multitude of denominational backgrounds. So what is it you are looking for?

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Page 8

tooldtocare
Hi. Though it is not my handle, I am "too old to remember." Lol I took a look at page 8 and as far as I could see, it was talking about justification. With a lot of religious jargon thrown in. This is the first part of salvation and deals with God's court of law and the charges against us. The second part is called sanctification.
I think the biggest lie that Christians are told today is that sanctification was instant when we first believed. I used to try and make this work for me though I was unsuccessful. It wasn't faith, it was make-believe. Instant sanctification doesn't work because that's not what God's word means. I learned that the sugar-plum gospel just ain't so. If you want to move from being a carnal believer to a maturing disciple of Christ, you need to learn what Jesus was talking about when He said, "To follow Me, you must deny self, take up your cross daily and follow Me." This will include suffering.
I don't ask that you take my word for it but seek God to see if there is anything to it. I do believe that God has a time for this to happen if that was ever what you wanted. And you don't start by doing the daily cross. There's more to it than that.
The church was powerless to help me. So He took me out of it and to a parachurch ministry. I went to a 5-day retreat and it was all God for me. I was desperate. I don't know how common these types of ministries are. I know of 1 in my neck of the woods. Glory to God. Shalom.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the site. You'll find may differing opinions here based on a multitude of denominational backgrounds. So what is it you are looking for?

hi
Why are there no denominations in the Bible? Only the body of Christ! Which is real true physical and spiritual!
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Only one true church!

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be onefold, and one shepherd.