The Christian Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever seen a Christian try to live a Christian life. Most if they are honest will tell you they have a hard to doing it. Some seem to master life in some form of religion or another. They are good givers, and they pray and read their bible regularly, they don't miss many services. To be commended, but that is not what makes a Christian. Cut them off on the freeway and they fit right back in with the rest of us in Christianity. Just normal human beings trying to be a good Christian.

We spend alot of time trying to change, trying to meet what seems to be the requirements of Christianity according to someone. We here messages on all media outlets week end and week out on how we should live. They even tell you how you to prosper as a Christian, nothing goes with out mentioning when lifstyle is involved.

The problem with being a good anything is it was never God's plan. He did plan for you to live an exchanged life, a life that comes from the cross of Calvary. He did plan for the life of another to be your life, and that life expressed as your creation. What is an exchanged life, an exchanged life is what happened on the cross. The moment Christ died, you died, all in Adam dead as Christ.

So you correcting your old life is foolishness, your old life is dead, gone and buried never to be resurrected. Oh but wait; there was a resurrection, and the moment you believed, you were tied to and connected to that resurrection. When Christ died, you died, when Christ was buried, you were buried, and when Christ was resurrected, you were resurrected. Granted mind renewal has to happen, but regardless you have no previous life in Christ, you have one life and that life is Christ.

If God wanted you to clean up your old life He would have given you 10 commandments and said obey these and live, sound familiar. The sooner a Christian can see they have no life of their own, the sooner they can move on in God. It really is just the starting place, and everything you read in your bible now becomes possible. Everything will finally fit and make since, you begin to walk in the newness of life as your Father that birthed you intended you to live.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever seen a Christian try to live a Christian life. Most if they are honest will tell you they have a hard to doing it. Some seem to master life in some form of religion or another. They are good givers, and they pray and read their bible regularly, they don't miss many services. To be commended, but that is not what makes a Christian. Cut them off on the freeway and they fit right back in with the rest of us in Christianity. Just normal human beings trying to be a good Christian.

We spend alot of time trying to change, trying to meet what seems to be the requirements of Christianity according to someone. We here messages on all media outlets week end and week out on how we should live. They even tell you how you to prosper as a Christian, nothing goes with out mentioning when lifstyle is involved.

The problem with being a good anything is it was never God's plan. He did plan for you to live an exchanged life, a life that comes from the cross of Calvary. He did plan for the life of another to be your life, and that life expressed as your creation. What is an exchanged life, an exchanged life is what happened on the cross. The moment Christ died, you died, all in Adam dead as Christ.

So you correcting your old life is foolishness, your old life is dead, gone and buried never to be resurrected. Oh but wait; there was a resurrection, and the moment you believed, you were tied to and connected to that resurrection. When Christ died, you died, when Christ was buried, you were buried, and when Christ was resurrected, you were resurrected. Granted mind renewal has to happen, but regardless you have no previous life in Christ, you have one life and that life is Christ.

If God wanted you to clean up your old life He would have given you 10 commandments and said obey these and live, sound familiar. The sooner a Christian can see they have no life of their own, the sooner they can move on in God. It really is just the starting place, and everything you read in your bible now becomes possible. Everything will finally fit and make since, you begin to walk in the newness of life as your Father that birthed you intended you to live.

Blessed by you!

This truth you speak of is the foundation of Christianity.

“When Christ died you died”

When this truth is seen/understood even just touched upon in the heart of a believer, the believers life/walk/relationship with Jesus will blossom to a degree that will bless the heart with such a love for all. For it is than they begin to walk in newness of life.

This truth you speak of is Christianity. This exchanged life.

Bless God, God has blessed you, keep searching into this truth ( if you wouldn’t mind me saying so )

For to the degree one apprehends their death in Christ, to that degree can Christ be formed in them.

Blessings, Blessings, Blessings,
Jumping for joy in Christ, you made my morning! :)

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed by you!

This truth you speak of is the foundation of Christianity.

“When Christ died you died”

When this truth is seen/understood even just touched upon in the heart of a believer, the believers life/walk/relationship with Jesus will blossom to a degree that will bless the heart with such a love for all. For it is than they begin to walk in newness of life.

This truth you speak of is Christianity. This exchanged life.

Bless God, God has blessed you, keep searching into this truth ( if you wouldn’t mind me saying so )

For to the degree one apprehends their death in Christ, to that degree can Christ be formed in them.

Blessings, Blessings, Blessings,
Jumping for joy in Christ, you made my morning! :)

Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you were blessed by the article.

Reactions: Not me

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with being a good anything is it was never God's plan.

But how so you explain these verses?

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matt 19:17

And then...

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Does that not mean the little bit of Him [Good] within a son of God will become even better, with an even larger portion of Good?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you were blessed by the article.

Yes I was greatly.

I have to ask. You used the word “article”. Were these your words or someone else’s?

Blessings,

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I was greatly.

I have to ask. You used the word “article”. Were these your words or someone else’s?

Blessings,

My writing, I usally read in the morning and sometimes I write from what I'm looking at

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matt 19:17

And then...

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Does that not mean the little bit of Him [Good] within a son of God will become even better, with an even larger portion of Good?

I think we may be getting two different train of thought on good. How would you describe living out a Christian life?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My writing, I usally read in the morning and sometimes I write from what I'm looking at

Oh bless you, I was so hoping they were yours.

So with all the freedom that is Christ in us. I wish you all good things in Christ as we grow in the grace and knowledge of our great and awesome Savior who died to give us such a great salvation which is;

Christ in us the hope of glory.

Blessings,

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we may be getting two different train of thought on good. How would you describe living out a Christian life?
Quite simply move toward, and/or ask God continuously to help us move toward praying without ceasing and rejoicing in Him always.

My thought on "good" comes from here:

"And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matt 19:16-17

If then God alone is Good, any real good that exists anywhere must mean God or some part of God is there. If you are good or I am good, it has to be because of Who [God] is in some measure within us.

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If then God alone is Good, any real good that exists anywhere must mean God or some part of God is there. If you are good or I am good, it has to be because of Who [God] is in some measure within us.

Yes, yes, yes! Blessed are you for seeing this truth.

Blessings as Christ forms Himself in you in a greater snd greater degree.

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, yes, yes! Blessed are you for seeing this truth.

Blessings as Christ forms Himself in you in a greater snd greater degree.

"All our meetness His alone,
Meetness which the Father pleases
Ours should be in Christ the Son."

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi, looked up the definition of the word “meet” or “meetness” and couldn’t find it. How is it being meant in the above quote?

Blessings,

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Perhaps the above prose verse above should read: -

"All our meekness His alone,
Meekness which the Father pleases

It is proses but it source I do not know.

Shalom

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Perhaps the above prose verse above should read: -

"All our meekness His alone,
Meekness which the Father pleases

It is proses but it source I do not know.

Shalom
Thanks; actually, the word is 'meetness', from 'meet' or suitable or worthy. He is worthy and so all our worthiness in the sight of God by faith is in Him alone.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks; actually, the word is 'meetness', from 'meet' or suitable or worthy. He is worthy and so all our worthiness in the sight of God by faith is in Him alone.

I did the same as @Not me and searched for the prose in the scriptures and did not see it. "meekness" seemed to fit and the definition you have provided of suitable or worthy fits the understanding of being "meek" in God.

Without citation as to the prose's source, it really became a head scratcher for me and so I posted the above as it made more sense.

Sorry

Shalom.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And then...

Simply by living Christ, which is not that simple of an answer but it is the answer. We are never admonished to live a good life, but we are admonished to allow the mind of Christ to be in us. What comes out of that you can put words to it, I have my words. It's not a good life, it's the Christ life as your life. If it is lifestyle you are looking, it will always come from your understanding.

Reactions: amadeus

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply by living Christ, which is not that simple of an answer but it is the answer. We are never admonished to live a good life, but we are admonished to allow the mind of Christ to be in us. What comes out of that you can put words to it, I have my words. It's not a good life, it's the Christ life as your life. If it is lifestyle you are looking, it will always come from your understanding.

If I may speak and add;

This newness of life that we are called to walk in is as you say Christ living His life through us. This Christ living His life through a believer is accessed by the faith of the heart of the believer. It is the simplicity of the Gospel of Christ. Simply taking God at His word where it says “when Christ died you died”. It is simply accepting His salvation on His terms by faith. For scripture says “the just shall live by faith” It is this faith in God that is the doorway to walk in newness of life thereby we no longer walk after the flesh (dictates of the old man) but after the Spirit (the life of Christ in us). For walking after the Spirit and living by faith are one and the same truth told by different words.

Blessings,

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What the Christian life is not...is getting all the wordings right and believing you have everything in the bible because you believe you do.

Paul makes some pretty far out statements. Statements that need to be taken to God....not just accepted blindly as if they are understood or actually entered into by assuming that we are just to nod our heads and give lip service to them. And many bible readers read things they would never agree with if it wasn't in the bible...because they don't actually believe them...still these just smile and say it is theirs by faith. Theirs? Really? Can we self-indoctrinate ourselves so that we no longer need to experience the Lord or actually walk with Him in order to feel we have entered into His salvation...because it appeals to us and we are willing to believe it pertains to us?

But there is a big difference between a true faith and a willingness to claim the good verses as pertaining to ourselves. I would say they are diametrically opposed.

One should be very slow to justify one's own faith.

The bible is treated as a magic book by many. If Paul says "we are seated in heavenly places in Christ" how many will claim that for themselves "by faith" without understanding in the least amount what Paul is talking about?

A superficial faith....a casual acceptance of bible verses that appeal to us...a lack of fear of the Lord.

Once a person has allowed himself to be fooled by others the only thing worse than that is to continue to fool yourself.

Reactions: faithfulness

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may speak and add;

This newness of life that we are called to walk in is as you say Christ living His life through us. This Christ living His life through a believer is accessed by the faith of the heart of the believer. It is the simplicity of the Gospel of Christ. Simply taking God at His word where it says “when Christ died you died”. It is simply accepting His salvation on His terms by faith. For scripture says “the just shall live by faith” It is this faith in God that is the doorway to walk in newness of life thereby we no longer walk after the flesh (dictates of the old man) but after the Spirit (the life of Christ in us). For walking after the Spirit and living by faith are one and the same truth told by different words.

Blessings,

The Christian has no life of their own, Gal. 2:20. The only life they have is the life of another. It's the same way in the world, they have no life of their own. We have always been dependent on a nature to live out who we are or at least who we thought we were. We are qucik to call ourselves sinners saved by grace, that is true, but the trick is we were not the original sinner, Satan was according to scripture. So we were partakers of the sin nature. A new nature is what a believing sinner recieves at the new birth. Life, nature, spirit, Christ, so on, are all synonymous terms. That is the completion of the cross. Old man out new man in the moment you believe, and most spend a life time getting their mind to catch up with the facts.

Last edited: