1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Christian nightmare

Discussion in 'NonChristian Help Forum' started by djstav, Oct 31, 2018.

1. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Sounds like a personal problem. None of what I share is from me personally.

Nonetheless, all throughout history God's MO is revelation through individuals...even if there are a multitude of those who are falsely acting as if they are sent by Him.

2. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    i trust that there is a bullet-proof way to discern these wadr, at least i can't recall any instances of it failing

3. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The false go by the wayside, but the Lord prevails...for it is written.

Dave L likes this.
  4. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    listen to yourself now, if you will

i mean who talks like that in "conversations" Scott
    do you see where you are standing right now?

i mean you can't read that and srsly believe that you have like imparted any new info or anything, right
    you are really...saying something else entirely, ok

aspen and GodsGrace like this.
  5. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    If that is how you react to the truth...you should be looking at your own shortcomings, not mine. :(

6. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    i never said i didn't have any, Scott, i said you won't find me pontificating at you i sincerely hope
    or deflecting

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    GodsGrace likes this.
  7. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    :rolleyes:
    again listen to what you are...
    nevermind

8. Blueberry

Blueberry Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @djstav, how are you doing? Been thinking about you buddy.

Blue

9. FatalMoves

FatalMoves Active Member

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Australia
    It didn't transform me.

10. mjrhealth

mjrhealth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Didnt change me either, it doesnt have the power, that is Jesus work and the Holy Spirit.

11. FatalMoves

FatalMoves Active Member

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Australia
    So you're saying that Jesus couldn't care less in my case?

12. mjrhealth

mjrhealth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Keh,?? Howd u get that out of my comment...

13. aspen

aspen “"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This thread sure contains a lot of parallel conversations! And so much dichotomy......

No middle ground here!

bbyrd009 likes this.
  14. breathoflife

breathoflife New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I think what you are saying is amply pointed out between the brazen Laver and James 1st chapter. James taught about looking into Scripture and seeing yourself and immediately forgetting what you saw. In the Tabernacle the lord caked for the Brazen Laver to be made out of the brass mirrors Israel had from their time in Egypt. These mirrors were to be very shiny so when the priests came to wash their walk and works they would be staring into a reflection of themselves in the brass and the Laver was filled with water, the water of the Word.

15. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

It's interesting as far as the brazen laver is concerned that the perpetual fire representing God's wrath for sin has now been extinguished ("It is finished")...

16. breathoflife

breathoflife New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I was having a continued conversation in another area of this about the need for the temple to have the fire from heaven. I told them I believe the false prophet is coming as the false Elijah. I don’t believe Scripture names one and only one lying signs and wonders by anything more or less as the clue that opens our understanding of the Last Day. That lying sign and wonder is bringing fire down from heaven. This is the false Elijah. With the fire he will be able to have temple service and worship. Anti-christ is coming as lightening It will seem to men this being is God and he has come as the Shekinah Glory. There is so much more and men seem moribund in the knowledge that has been in my opinion the error of what I call Replacement Prophecy Theology and it has served to completely remove the apostate portion of Israel. Sorry for writing this I am just very frustrated.

bbyrd009 likes this.
  17. DoveSpirit05

DoveSpirit05 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    I don't force anyone 2 believe in wat the bible says they already know but supress, we don't force anyone its God who changes a persons heart once they accept him. U see dis is a common trope I hear all the time!! define to me wat "forcing our belief on u is" these are just ur common sound bites!! if u feel dat talking 2 people about the gospel is forcing our belief's on someone den what about the LGBT community parading up and down the streets in city's all over the world blocking traffic, painting the roads multi-coloured, waving banners, kissing each other in public, waking around half naked!! and extinction rebellion, also barricading roads, causing major disruption at airports, destroying shop fronts of businesses, now who's forcing their belief's on who? same old hypocrisy!!

18. shnarkle

shnarkle Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Other Faith
    United States
    Paul simply quoted spiritual truths from pagan philosophers (e.g. "in him we live and move and have our being"). The truth is the truth, and one doesn't have to be a Christian to hear the truth. Everyone who goes parading into the kingdom was a damned sinner when they first heard the truth of the gospel message. Christ died while we were yet still sinning.

It doesn't matter what day it is, the season, or who is listening. The truth of the gospel is always looking for a new way to get into someone's heart. It's not called the good NEWS for nothing.

brakelite likes this.
  19. lforrest

lforrest Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Faith:
    Christian
    This was an example of God using a pagan seer to lend credance to the gospel message in advance of Paul. Because to them he was just another of many who advocated for foreign gods, and they didn't have the scriptures. By two or three witnesses a matter is established.

The gospel itself is an necessary exception to my belief that spiritual matters are not for everyone. Someone must be born again to receive spiritual truths, and that requires accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ. This will not happen unless they are lead to him by the Father, as otherwise even the gospel can not be received.

20. shnarkle

shnarkle Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Other Faith
    United States
    I'm not following your argument here. The truth is what establishes the gospel, not the fallacy of Appeal to Authority. Rome endorsed pluralistic beliefs. Paul is showing that they already know the truth. They already have that little nugget in no way contradicts the truth of the scriptures. It is not true because a pagan said it, the pagan said it because he was inspired by God to state the truth. Paul doesn't need pagan credentials to establish credibility. He sees the truth wherever it manifests. No one has a monopoly on the truth except God, and that truth can emerge anywhere.

I agree wholeheartedly.

This is ambiguous. Are you saying one must accept the message before they can be born again, or they must be born again before they can accept the gospel? I interpret it to mean the latter based upon your prior statement, but it isn't clear that this is what you're saying. Requirements are usually prerequisites.

Yes. That sounds correct.