THE CHRISTIAN PARADIGM - WHAT IS YOURS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like an expertly-cut diamond, the body of Christ has many facets. Community, outreach, evangelism, and worship are just a few of the many expressions of Jesus Messiah.
Our Lord birthed in me a desire to express my love, gratitude, and need to Him through song. He began this by putting me in a Christian Reformed Church that had 2 of the kindest servant worship leaders I've yet to meet.
A year ago He revealed to me my ancient Hebrew roots. I now see myself as a complete Levite, descended from Levi and most importantly, born-again, Blood-sanctified, Jesus-filled, and forever-grateful son of the Most-High God.
Whether we call Him Jesus the Christ or Yahshua ha Moshiach, He is worthy of our praise.
This is who I am; who are you? Blessings and Shalom.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like an expertly-cut diamond, the body of Christ has many facets. Community, outreach, evangelism, and worship are just a few of the many expressions of Jesus Messiah.
Our Lord birthed in me a desire to express my love, gratitude, and need to Him through song. He began this by putting me in a Christian Reformed Church that had 2 of the kindest servant worship leaders I've yet to meet.
A year ago He revealed to me my ancient Hebrew roots. I now see myself as a complete Levite, descended from Levi and most importantly, born-again, Blood-sanctified, Jesus-filled, and forever-grateful son of the Most-High God.
Whether we call Him Jesus the Christ or Yahshua ha Moshiach, He is worthy of our praise.

Beautiful Testimony. Thanks for Sharing.

I've Taken the Lords Offering and Became MADE Converted IN Christ.
I unashamedly speak the Word of God, where I go, and give as He guides me, to His Glory. Some want to hear, some Don't. Some want to receive, some don't. No issue with me, people are aplenty on this Earth.

Song, Singing...nope, not a blessing unto me...maybe in the future ...:)
I have patience, so wait to see.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks, but still no wiser. We didn't do paradigms at school. :)
A local fellowship (Christian) will have its own distinct feel and usual manner of doing things. A personality, if you will. As do each denomination. Viewpoint, way of looking at things. Style of music, etc.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Beautiful Testimony. Thanks for Sharing.

I've Taken the Lords Offering and Became MADE Converted IN Christ.
I unashamedly speak the Word of God, where I go, and give as He guides me, to His Glory. Some want to hear, some Don't. Some want to receive, some don't. No issue with me, people are aplenty on this Earth.

Song, Singing...nope, not a blessing unto me...maybe in the future ...:)
I have patience, so wait to see.

Glory to God,
Taken
I like your icon.

Reactions: Taken

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am most definitely a worshiper! I love singing praises to Him and I love His presence that enters in worship!
I am also a strong believer of testimony...when I witness to others I share my own testimony...
Revelation 12:11
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

I strongly believe that sharing our testimony with others gives the hearer hope and faith in a way they wouldn't have otherwise...and it Glorifies Jesus! It also bears witness that His Word is true and it does what it says it will do.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks, but still no wiser. We didn't do paradigms at school. :)
It's your reality Pearl.....how you perceive what you perceive. Let's take a text from scripture to illustrate....the words Jesus said to one of the thieves beside him at the crucifixion.....'I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise'. As you might know, punctuation is a relatively modern addition to our translations....it can determine what is communicated.

Sooooo, was Jesus saying to the thief he would be in Paradise with Jesus that day ie, the day he was going to die or was he saying, today I tell you, you will be with me in Paradise ...in other words, today I'm telling you these words, you will be with me in Paradise without giving a specific time when he would be with him?

A paradigm is the way you understand what he was saying......in other words, how you see; your reality.

If the lens you see through is faulty everything in your view is flawed. If you have rose coloured glasses everything has a rose coloured tinge.....if the lens is cracked you see a split image. If the lens is cut accurately without colouring your vision is sharp and clear.

That my dear is the meaning of paradigm pronounced para dime

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wonderful post. I logged on just to respond to this.

I identify with the apostle's description of himself as a slave of God (Romans 1:1). My life seems to be less my own with each passing year. I still have a few hobbies, but I rarely get to them anymore. My life seems to be continually preoccupied with what I need to get done for Him.

It's not the prettiest analogy, and in real life it's just about as unpleasant as it sounds sometimes. But when you make Him Savior you make Him Lord, so my "paradigm" if you will is in doing what He asks me to do, and walking in obedience to His will. I'm inadequate daily, but I do my best regardless.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am most definitely a worshiper! I love singing praises to Him and I love His presence that enters in worship!
I am also a strong believer of testimony...when I witness to others I share my own testimony...
Revelation 12:11
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

I strongly believe that sharing our testimony with others gives the hearer hope and faith in a way they wouldn't have otherwise...and it Glorifies Jesus! It also bears witness that His Word is true and it does what it says it will do.

Love this as well. My wife is the same way. Absolutely loves worship, above all things.

She should have been the one to receive my musical talent because she could have really done something with it. But He has His reasons.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wonderful post. I logged on just to respond to this.

I identify with the apostle's description of himself as a slave of God (Romans 1:1). My life seems to be less my own with each passing year. I still have a few hobbies, but I rarely get to them anymore. My life seems to be continually preoccupied with what I need to get done for Him.

It's not the prettiest analogy, and in real life it's just about as unpleasant as it sounds sometimes. But when you make Him Savior you make Him Lord, so my "paradigm" if you will is in doing what He asks me to do, and walking in obedience to His will. I'm inadequate daily, but I do my best regardless.
Blessings.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A local fellowship (Christian) will have its own distinct feel and usual manner of doing things. A personality, if you will. As do each denomination. Viewpoint, way of looking at things. Style of music, etc.
Thanks Ron I understand now.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's your reality Pearl.....how you perceive what you perceive. Let's take a text from scripture to illustrate....the words Jesus said to one of the thieves beside him at the crucifixion.....'I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise'. As you might know, punctuation is a relatively modern addition to our translations....it can determine what is communicated.

Sooooo, was Jesus saying to the thief he would be in Paradise with Jesus that day ie, the day he was going to die or was he saying, today I tell you, you will be with me in Paradise ...in other words, today I'm telling you these words, you will be with me in Paradise without giving a specific time when he would be with him?

A paradigm is the way you understand what he was saying......in other words, how you see; your reality.

If the lens you see through is faulty everything in your view is flawed. If you have rose coloured glasses everything has a rose coloured tinge.....if the lens is cracked you see a split image. If the lens is cut accurately without colouring your vision is sharp and clear.

That my dear is the meaning of paradigm pronounced para dime
Thank you Quiet thinker. I'm not sure that fits Ron's definition though.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One example is "a new wineskin."

Actually the Greek said that it was "a refurbished wineskin," because even brand new wineskins can become hard and brittle if left for a time such that they too need to be refurbished so that they too can hold the brand new wine.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually the Greek said that it was "a refurbished wineskin," because even brand new wineskins can become hard and brittle if left for a time such that they too need to be refurbished so that they too can hold the brand new wine.
An old wineskin has been stretched. If a patch of new material is sewn onto it, the new patch will shrink and tear the old wineskin. See Mark 2:21
When wine is being made, it goes through a fermenting process, which produces carbon dioxide, which stretches a new wineskin. See Mark 2:22
In order to keep a wineskin supple, oil needs to be rubbed into it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
An old wineskin has been stretched. If a patch of new material is sewn onto it, the new patch will shrink and tear the old wineskin. See Mark 2:21
When wine is being made, it goes through a fermenting process, which produces carbon dioxide, which stretches a new wineskin. See Mark 2:22
In order to keep a wineskin supple, oil needs to be rubbed into it.

That is the whole point of the Parable of the New wine being put into refurbished, i.e. oil being rubbed into it, so that the refurbished wineskin does not burst.

The Mark.2:21-22 is a reference to the parable of putting a new piece of material into an old cloth garment in that the new material will shrink and there by tear the old garment again.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is the whole point of the Parable of the New wine being put into refurbished, i.e. oil being rubbed into it, so that the refurbished wineskin does not burst.

The Mark.2:21-22 is a reference to the parable of putting a new piece of material into an old cloth garment in that the new material will shrink and there by tear the old garment again.
So what does this mean to you?