The Church Must Meet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Irwin Fletcher

Sep 19, 2020
Cyprus
seeinggodclearly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cyprus
I agree, but of course how they meet is up to the local church. We are seeing some persecution in the US currently, but it is nothing compared to what Christians and churches have faced over the centuries. There are countries like Iran and N. Korea where believers gathering together know they will face prison or death, if they gather. They sometimes choose to gather secretly and they sometimes choose to gather boldly and face the consequences. The Biblical command is to gather, it does not define how in great detail.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but of course how they meet is up to the local church. We are seeing some persecution in the US currently, but it is nothing compared to what Christians and churches have faced over the centuries. There are countries like Iran and N. Korea where believers gathering together know they will face prison or death, if they gather. They sometimes choose to gather secretly and they sometimes choose to gather boldly and face the consequences. The Biblical command is to gather, it does not define how in great detail.
I don't really think so. The way it is worded it is a physical meeting together. The examples given in Scripture are always in person collectively.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches that do not meet are failing in their mission. The Government has no right to tell us not to meet. We are under God's command, not the government and God says to not forsake the assembly of yourselves together.

Meeting together is mandated by God.
What has been for a long time a creeping worldliness in churches and members is now it seems shifting into a higher gear. But...the adversary is coming up against an opponent that he does not know and cannot defeat. In his blindness he will continue in his efforts.

"But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." Acts 5:39

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Rom 8:31

Reactions: Nancy

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What about the 2 or 3 believers gathered in your own household? Isn't that a Church? ;)

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the 2 or 3 believers gathered in your own household? Isn't that a Church? ;)
Don't leave out the critical phrase, "in my name"! It is, I believe, being in His name that assures us that Jesus is also in the gathering.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

A gathering without Jesus is certainly only another social gathering. Don't even unbelievers do a whole lot of that?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't leave out the critical phrase, "in my name"! It is, I believe, being in His name that assures us that Jesus is also in the gathering.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

A gathering without Jesus is certainly only another social gathering. Don't even unbelievers do a whole lot of that?

True true, I think people forget that a Church gathering can be as simple as just being with Jesus and spending time with Him.

Jesus and you. That's already 2.;)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches that do not meet are failing in their mission. The Government has no right to tell us not to meet. We are under God's command, not the government and God says to not forsake the assembly of yourselves together.

Meeting together is mandated by God.
God does want us to be family!

:)

Try to not kill your family.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about assembling online and together on these forums?
Hi Josho,

I get a lot of spiritual refreshment on this forum! Yes, God works through these, if we go about it in the right spirit.

Much love!

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Josho,

I get a lot of spiritual refreshment on this forum! Yes, God works through these, if we go about it in the right spirit.

Much love!

Exactly because we aren't just physical bodies we are also spiritual beings.

Reactions: marks

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes and it is surprising how our emotional needs can override the prompting of the spirit as well.