The Churches of Rev.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Word of God

May 30, 2006
To have many types of "churches" (different manifestations of teachings as well as deeds plus their weaknesses and strengths) are inevitable and in fact biblical. Just because one christian church is different from another does not automatically make them having a different God. The book of Revelation clearly mentions of these types of churches which God had to deal with individually. Now our duty is to find out which type of church do we belong to in order that we get to know where we need to repent. The different types of churches according to Revelations 2:1-29; 3:1-22 are as follows:1. Church in Ephesus strength: they toil and persevere, they tolerate no evil men, they test every spirit of false apostles, not grow weary and hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans which the Lord also hates. weakness: they left their first love and forgot where they have fallen; judgment (if they do not repent): Jesus will remove their lampstand out of its place. reward (if they repent and overcome): Jesus will grant them to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God. 2. Church in Smyrna strength: they are suffering with tribulation and are poor; they are blasphemed by the "false believers"; the devil will cast some of them to prison for their testing. reward if they remain faithful to their tribulation until death: crown of life reward if they overcome: will not be hurt by the second death3. Church in Pergamum strength: although they dwell on Satan's throne, they hold fast to Christ's name and did not deny their faith in Him. weakness: they hold the teaching of Balaam to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel; they eat things sacrificed to idols, and commit acts of immorality; they hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans. judgment: Christ will come quickly and will make war against them with the sword of HIs mouth. reward: Christ will give them some of the hidden manna, a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which is known only to the one who receives it.4. Church in Thyatira strength: good deeds, love, faith and service, perseverance, last deeds are greater than the first. weakness: tolerate the woman Jezebel who calls herself a prophetess and teaches and leads God's bondservants making them to commit acts of immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. judgement: bed of sickness with her (prophetess) into great tribulation; her children will be killed with pestilence. (but no burden will be placed by Christ to the innocent in Thyatira) reward: authority over the nations, rule them with a rod of iron, and the morning star.5. Church in Sardis strength: a lively church but weakness: are dead and sleeping judgement: Christ will come like a thief and they will not know which hour He will come. (but a few in Sardis have not soiled their garments and they will walk with Christ in white; for they are worthy) reward: will be clothed in white garments; their names will not be erased from the book of life, Christ will confess them before His Father and before His angels.6. Church in Philadelphia strength: a door is opened by God for them which no one can shut; they have a little power, have kept God's Word and have not denied Christ's name. reward for holding fast: Christ will make the "false believers" bow down at their feet for them to know that Christ loves the Philadelphia church. They will be kept from the hour of testing which is to come upon the whole world (a "raptured" church; taken out of the tribulation). reward for overcoming: Jesus said: I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write upon Him the the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name Rev. 3:127. Church in Laodicea weakness: neither hot nor cold, lukewarm; rich/wealthy but naked and blind. (those loved by Christ in Laodicea are reproved and disciplined) judgement: Christ will spit them out of His mouth; reward: Christ will grant to them to sit down with Him on His throne.
smile.gif

Toolapc

Jul 9, 2006
ONLY the SON OF MAN escapes tribulationThe son of man is the only one that can open the door into heavenThis is ment for the second coming who is a pillar in the house of the LORD.Message to Philadelphia7"And to the angel of the church in (T)Philadelphia write: (U)He who is holy, (V)who is true, who has (W)the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this: 8'(X)I know your [a]deeds Behold, I have put before you (Y)an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and (Z)have not denied My name. 9'Behold, I will cause those of (AA)the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie--I will make them (AB)come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that (AC)I have loved you. 10'Because you have (AD)kept the word of (AE)My perseverance, (AF)I also will keep you from the hour of (AG)testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole (AH)world, to test (AI)those who dwell on the earth. 11'(AJ)I am coming quickly; (AK)hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your (AL)crown. 12'(AM)He who overcomes, I will make him a (AN)pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the (AO)name of My God, and (AP)the name of the city of My God, (AQ)the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My (AR)new name. 13'(AS)He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'

Love123

Jul 7, 2006
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.THOUGH SALVATION.......................WE UNITE...............AS ONE.......IN CHRIST..................AMEN

Status
Not open for further replies.