The "Cocky" Nature of the Apostle Paul

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of those questions that involves talking about the Bible moreso than using verses (because, I'm assuming, you're familiar with the Apostle Paul at some level).I don't know how many times I've heard adjectives such as cocky and arrogant used to describe Paul. Sometimes this is done in a positive light while with others it almost seems like the people have contempt for him.I guess what I'm trying to say is that I see nothing wrong with the nature of Paul in his writings. He's not cocky but he's confident in his faith. The way he's phrasing his words is saying "hey I believe this with my heart." What do you think?

gartrout

Jun 14, 2006
(SwampFox)
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I see nothing wrong with the nature of Paul in his writings. He's not cocky but he's confident in his faith. The way he's phrasing his words is saying "hey I believe this with my heart." What do you think?
Yeah, I kinda look at it like Paul is BOLD in his position as a sinner saved by Grace. He's very open about his struggles and yet still bold enough to reach out with the message of God's love. I think we tend to be less bold when we try by our own efforts to "be good". Just admitting our failings and accepting grace fully is honest and real as opposed to keeping up a "front" for others to see. That can be pretty weak! I know, I've seen me do it!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.