The commison according to scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can any of the teachers in here tell us what they think the commision is and who its for and whos qualified.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The commission is used to manipulate Christians into fulfilling an obligation to bring on the end of the world when as Christians we should have life and have it abundantly.

The world was small 2000 years ago and the Apostle Paul believed everyone heard the gospel, Colossians 1:23. Paul's world had nothing to do with North America or Australia, Romans 1:8, Romans 10:18. In Mark 16:15, go into all the world...they were limited to their world and their world was the Roman Empire. And in Luke 2:1, all the world should be taxed....did they tax the Indians in North America? In Acts 2, people were there from every nation under heaven....not every country on earth was at Jerusalem for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

Not everyone is destined to hear the Good News or read the Bible but we continue to evangelize because the wedding is ready and the city has already burnt down, Matthew 22.

Deep investigation is needed for this and I realize I'm just glossing over a few things but that's because I'm in no way an expert teacher on the subject.

Reactions: Helen and Job

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you I dont think to many will be attempting to answer this even though they talk plenty on it. As can be seen with the shyness already. What they wait for is someone to say something then pull it apart. so there a little shy at the moment. I find it strange as there very opinionated in other threads, But when Its a direct question they seem a little slower as if some how unsure not to steady on there feet. But lets give it a little more time. and when we are sure no one knows then I will have the freedom to tell em.

But it does look like a difficult question. Job read it but declined to have a go.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Thank you I dont think to many will be attempting to answer this even though they talk plenty on it. As can be seen with the shyness already. What they wait for is someone to say something then pull it apart. so there a little shy at the moment. I find it strange as there very opinionated in other threads, But when Its a direct question they seem a little slower as if some how unsure not to steady on there feet. But lets give it a little more time. and when we are sure no one knows then I will have the freedom to tell em.

But it does look like a difficult question. Job read it but declined to have a go.

I was thinking about replying but must decline. I'm not your rodeo clown.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why bother to respond to the question...it is only another opportunity to be told that we aren't praising God enough, healing enough people, loving people enough or doing enough.

Reactions: aspen and FHII

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why bother to respond to the question...it is only another opportunity to be told that we aren't praising God enough, healing enough people, loving people enough or doing enough.

You just gave him what he craved...........Attention.

Try not to feed his narcissism.

k

Reactions: Helen

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So why did you bother? You have many many other questions I asked you that you choose to ignore on many occasions in many thraeds. So I am not to surprised you will not tackle this one. Your a more than a little shy and answering most questions. I believe than none of the useuall partisepents in my threads could not answer this question any way. and will you your type of excuse not to.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the great Commission rely any different than that of the Covenant People Of God, as they were to be Priests and teachers to the world, a peculiar people set-apart from the Nations, that would be seen as blessed By God, a Nation with laws that maintained a Peace, and come to embrace its Virtues! God being its Virtue?

Reactions: Helen and DPMartin

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So why did you bother? .
I didn't, I 'posted', but I did not respond to the OP.
No point...you just like to argue...
I never mind responding to genuine questions. But your "questions" these days, are just posed so people to think they are responding to a real question and that you are really interested in what they themselves believe...and then you pounce on it, and tell them they are wrong.
Have a nice evening...(or whatever time of day it is there.)

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can any of the teachers in here tell us what they think the commision is and who its for and whos qualified.

The Commission .....( Mafia )

The Commission is the governing body of the American Mafia, formed in 1931. The Commission replaced the "Boss of all Bosses" title with a ruling committee consisting of the New York Five Families bosses ... Wikipedia

Membership (est.): only six families hold seats, but 15 other families are represented by two of the main families

Founding location: New York City, New York, United States

Founded by: Charles Luciano

Leader(s): Michael Mancuso, Carmine Persico, Frank Cali, Liborio Bellomo, Steven Crea and John DiFronzo

The Commission (mafia) - Wikipedia

j

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Job glad we can keep things light and enjoy the forum. :)

Reactions: Job

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The commission was given by Christ to his disciples, His church, those whom are born again of the spirit of God, whom He sends the Holy Spirit. The commission is to tell the good news of the coming of Christ, his death on the cross for the sins of the world, and his resurrection from the dead. It is not they who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the great Commission rely any different than that of the Covenant People Of God, as they were to be Priests and teachers to the world, a peculiar people set-apart from the Nations, that would be seen as blessed By God, a Nation with laws that maintained a Peace, and come to embrace its Virtues! God being its Virtue?

I would defiantly agree, that is what the whole thing commission or not, is about, a agreement (covenant) between God and His People who ever they are.

Adam when God made him wasn't under or in any agreement with God until God put Adam in the garden and gave Adam commandment (an agreement in accordance to His Judgement). at that time Adam was held responsible by the Lord for said agreement. because Adam is the one who God said it to. also that same agreement applied to all the souls thereafter. via the flesh and the blood the life of the flesh.

the agreement is the whole wad, a marriage (as the Lord mention through out scripture) a covenant, so on and so forth, without the agreement there is no such thing as morals, and there is no getting along peacefully with the Creator and Judge without His agreement fulfilled according to His satifaction.

Reactions: Truth and Helen

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The commission was given by Christ to his disciples, His church, those whom are born again of the spirit of God, whom He sends the Holy Spirit. The commission is to tell the good news of the coming of Christ, his death on the cross for the sins of the world, and his resurrection from the dead. It is not they who speak, but the Holy Spirit.
Ok agreed but theres a whole lot missing from that, that both Christ and the apostles did and the 70 did.
So what is the commison look like as you walk? its not all talk.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't, I 'posted', but I did not respond to the OP.
No point...you just like to argue...
I never mind responding to genuine questions. But your "questions" these days, are just posed so people to think they are responding to a real question and that you are really interested in what they themselves believe...and then you pounce on it, and tell them they are wrong.
Have a nice evening...(or whatever time of day it is there.)
This is a very real question that you are well aware that is directed at you and all the other nay sayers. If you are right in what you say about the commision you are never scared to tell it. but you are scared. I am not scared to tell the truth here or any where else. Your problem is you have had so much lately that you got wrong you are indeed afraid to get involved. Thats good. so now at least you wont be wrong teaching if you dont get invloved. take a breath and rest and let the other deal with it. That way you cant get any thing wrong.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would defiantly agree, that is what the whole thing commission or not, is about, a agreement (covenant) between God and His People who ever they are.

Adam when God made him wasn't under or in any agreement with God until God put Adam in the garden and gave Adam commandment (an agreement in accordance to His Judgement). at that time Adam was held responsible by the Lord for said agreement. because Adam is the one who God said it to. also that same agreement applied to all the souls thereafter. via the flesh and the blood the life of the flesh.

the agreement is the whole wad, a marriage (as the Lord mention through out scripture) a covenant, so on and so forth, without the agreement there is no such thing as morals, and there is no getting along peacefully with the Creator and Judge without His agreement fulfilled according to His satifaction.
The commision is not an agreement its a command. Its combined commands. if you have any way involved in any agreement. It would be that you on condiction of excepting Christ is to follow him and do as he done. pick up your cross. But salvation is not taught like that in most churches. It usually say this prayer and you in man. wow gonna be awsome.

If I was to lead someone to Christ I would warn them you know your gonna die to self yeah. and your laying it all down for Him.
But we were all told gonna be great man all ya gotta do is say the prayer man. wanna say it now huh? awsome man.

Then the disapointment comes and the person who lead the left them on the street to what ever. Get a church man find a church. Preferably one like ours. So sad.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The commision is not an agreement its a command. Its combined commands. if you have any way involved in any agreement. It would be that you on condiction of excepting Christ is to follow him and do as he done. pick up your cross. But salvation is not taught like that in most churches. It usually say this prayer and you in man. wow gonna be awsome.

If I was to lead someone to Christ I would warn them you know your gonna die to self yeah. and your laying it all down for Him.
But we were all told gonna be great man all ya gotta do is say the prayer man. wanna say it now huh? awsome man.

Then the disapointment comes and the person who lead the left them on the street to what ever. Get a church man find a church. Preferably one like ours. So sad.

the commandment God gave in the garden was and is a covenant, or didn't you know that? the ten commandments are a covenant, didn't you know that. God even called them a covenant. so where do you get the idea that commandment of the Lord God isn't a covenant which is a agreement?

out there in la la land again, there sa-ward? do you make this up as you go or do you sit up all night to thin k like this?

again you accuse "bad teacher" garbage, and it you that is working hard a teaching without knowledge and understanding, which makes them look like geniuses, compared to what you post.

Reactions: Job and Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok agreed but theres a whole lot missing from that, that both Christ and the apostles did and the 70 did.
So what is the commison look like as you walk? its not all talk.
If we are in Christ, chosen to do good works (the fruit of the spirit), it is no longer we who live, but Christ who lives in us, and not we who speak, but the Holy Spirit. Therefore we are counselled to "walk in the spirit"...of which we have been born (again). We are not our own. To live is Christ.

If you have seen one such as this...you have seen Christ.

Reactions: Sword and Helen

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The commission is used to manipulate Christians into fulfilling an obligation to bring on the end of the world when as Christians we should have life and have it abundantly.

The world was small 2000 years ago and the Apostle Paul believed everyone heard the gospel, Colossians 1:23. Paul's world had nothing to do with North America or Australia, Romans 1:8, Romans 10:18. In Mark 16:15, go into all the world...they were limited to their world and their world was the Roman Empire. And in Luke 2:1, all the world should be taxed....did they tax the Indians in North America? In Acts 2, people were there from every nation under heaven....not every country on earth was at Jerusalem for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

Not everyone is destined to hear the Good News or read the Bible but we continue to evangelize because the wedding is ready and the city has already burnt down, Matthew 22.

Deep investigation is needed for this and I realize I'm just glossing over a few things but that's because I'm in no way an expert teacher on the subject.
the outpouring of the Holy Spirit didn't happen just once, but repeatedly in the book of acts and continues until Christ's return (however, those who won't believe and blaspheme Him will not receive Him.)