The common denominator

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
See Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5.

"Though but a man's covenant, confirmed, no one annuls, or adds thereto .. or takes away therefrom. (Revelation 22:18).

What then if it is the false oath of wicked, self-righteous, unfaithful man, sold for fame and the worship of men, as the Eternal New Covenant of our Faithful God?!

"Know therefore that they which are of faith, the same, are the children of Abraham of faith. God therefore foreseeing that the heathen (also) would through faith (be saved), had the Gospel preached unto Abraham with the Assurance of Faith, that, as in Scripture, so also "In thee (in thy Seed, Christ), shall in ALL nations God's elect be blessed (receive Salvation)."

ALL Scripture holds the foreshadowing and revelation and Power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; and the Spirit of 'Inspiration" is the Spirit of the Scriptures IN "ALL the Scriptures"-- not <the Spirit in me>, fickle man.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We receive the Holy Spirit through faith (Galatians 3:14);

And the love of the Lord is shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5).

This is not impractical (1 John 3:17-18); and it is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We receive the Holy Spirit through faith (Galatians 3:14);

And the love of the Lord is shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5).

This is not impractical (1 John 3:17-18); and it is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

Amen.
The fulfilling of the righteousness of the Law within us virtually amounts to nothing-- is worth, nothing to save from sin or death. We cannot think more of ourselves than what we are: One: JUST SINNERS-- lost sinners, Two: saved -- yes, saved now and forever saved already -- but sinners nevertheless. The Law tells us that. Both that, Sinners, saved.

The hypocrites tell us the Law does not tell us that we are saved -- that we are saved by grace-- through faith -- which is God's Law of course! which they deny.

But our work of promise and oath of obedience and fulfilment of the righteousness of the Law, tells us just the opposite, it tells us we have saved ourselves. It tells us Satan's LIE; it tells us to believe the LIE of Antichrist.

Having the Holy Spirit within us, is like having Jesus or like having the Father within us -- you cannot divide God and claim <the Spirit in me> against Him, then <the Spirit in me> is a sinful spirit, not God's Holy spirit. FIRST SIN <the Spirit in me> commits, is, to demean the Scriptures and make of God's Holy Spirit a separate entity which <lives in me> CONTRARY SCRIPTURE-LAW.

Usually, regularly, certainly, ALWAYS, that <Spirit in me> is an evil spirit speaking and teaching things against the Holiness and truths of, and the SPIRIT OF GOD IN, the Scriptures. It makes of the person beset a dishonest, lying, deceitful monster, mocking at Scripture, twisting it, abusing it, manhandling and corrupting it for his lies and deceit.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GerhardEbersoehn,

I have to say that I am having trouble understanding your last post.

However, in response to it, I will say that

fulfilling the righteousness of the law is the sure result of having been saved.

If you have the Holy Ghost you will walk according to the Spirit.

If you walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, the righteousness of the law will be fulfilled in you (Romans 8:4).

Therefore, if anyone is truly born again, they will become law-abiding citizens of God's kingdom as the result of having been born again.

They do not become born again through keeping the law; but they keep the law as the result of having been born again.

More accurately, they bear the fruit of the Spirit against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

So, in bearing the fruit of the Spirit, there is no law that will condemn their behaviour; in bearing the fruit of the Spirit they will not be violating any law; they become law-abiding citizens of the kingdom of God in bearing the fruit of the Spirit.

This is a righteousness apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21) that it is righteousness indeed.

It is the righteousness of the law fulfilled in the believer (Romans 8:4); while the venue by which he obtains that righteousness is faith (Philippians 3:9) and not through attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
fulfilling the righteousness of the law is the sure result of having been saved.

I absolutely reject the whole idea. At best the result of having been saved is that the reborn man shall surely know his own sinfulness and lostness.

Work on this, for this is the basic and essential first principle of righteousness and true holiness. This your remark shows me what I hope it might show you, that you think you have probed to the <<SURE>> bottom of the Mystery of Godliness, but have not started yet to search the depths of it beneath the surface.
HERE -- as I hope you SEE -- is where the road forks for two straight lines, the one to hell, the other to Salvation. These lines never curve, never tend towards one another and unless reversed, NEVER meet or cross again. So, if you're on the wrong way heading for disaster at its SURE end, may the Lord convert you in your step. If you are on the right Way, He is The Only Way, He is before you and behind, and beside, and above, HE IS THE WAY BENEATH YOU AS HE IS YOUR LAW : the SURE LAW OF GRAVITY, of surety, battling against all odds ONE WAY, "FOR CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS to every one that believeth."

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If you have the Holy Ghost you will walk according to the Spirit.

You like me have nothing. We do not HAVE the Holy Ghost.

And what do you mean with, <according to the Spirit> in <<If you have the Holy Ghost you will walk according to the Spirit>>? Another, or, the same <Holy Ghost .. you have..>? In the circle that you argue, maybe. Now that, to me, is something I <am having trouble understanding>, forgive me.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
They do not become born again through keeping the law; but they keep the law as the result of having been born again.

They do not become born again through keeping the law; correct.
AND <they>, DO NOT <<keep the law as the result of having been born again>> HOWEVER HARD THEY MIGHT TRY. Because <they>, REMAIN SINNERS who fail -- fail while trying to <<keep the law as a result of having been born again>>. Now that is another story, of course!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If you walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, the righteousness of the law will be fulfilled in you (Romans 8:4).

Yes, one day, at the day of the Resurrection of Life. Not for nothing does Paul employ Subjunctive and Passive, not Presence (or Future) Active Indicative. "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

And he explains why, for he says, 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh. The reborn and saved saint even cannot defy his own nature or sinful fleshly existence this side of his grave.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So, in bearing the fruit of the Spirit, there is no law that will condemn their behaviour; in bearing the fruit of the Spirit they will not be violating any law; they become law-abiding citizens of the kingdom of God in bearing the fruit of the Spirit.

This is a righteousness apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21) that it is righteousness indeed.

It is the righteousness of the law fulfilled in the believer (Romans 8:4); while the venue by which he obtains that righteousness is faith (Philippians 3:9) and not through attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts.

Thank you. Edifying! Profitable for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness NEEDED.

Now, Paul said, "ALL SCRIPTURE GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD .. that the man of God (the born-again) may be throughly furnished unto all GOOD works".
Everything from God's side has been "given", and is "perfect" - nothing comes short. "All Scripture is given." THEREFORE, "is given for DOCTRINE, and is profitable FOR, doctrine"-- "doctrine" which implies "good works"-- 'ethics'.

My question to you after I have - attentively - listened to your animadversion, is, WHICH works of the "man of God" the born-again sinner-man? Which, works?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I absolutely reject the whole idea.

Why? There is perfect scriptural support for the whole idea; which I have set forth in my posts.

We do not HAVE the Holy Ghost.

Sure we do, if we have come to Christ by faith (Galatians 3:14). At least, I know that I do.

Because <they>, REMAIN SINNERS who fail

I beg to differ. 1 John 3:9 says that the person who is born of God cannot sin.

That may in fact be hyperbole; but what point is he making by exaggeration?

He is saying that the person who is born again will have a radically changed life wherein he is set free from the power of sin. As it is written,

Pro 4:18, But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

He is saying that the person who has been born of God has made a 180-degree turn away from sin and towards righteousness; so that he now commits sins less and less and may even have come to the point where he doesn't sin any longer.

Yes, one day, at the day of the Resurrection of Life.

No, today this can be accomplished in you. You can walk according to the Spirit today; if you have the Spirit.

And to walk according to the Spirit is to not walk according to the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why? There is perfect scriptural support for the whole idea; which I have set forth in my posts.

You (or I) cannot BY ANY MEANS even <fulfil the Law>, what <<fullfill the righteousness of the law>>. If anyone could do it Christ would be dispensable and superfluous. But your wisdom is just typical of <<holy spirit in me>> people-- foolishness with God.