The Creation of "Spirits".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
In the Bible other intelligent beings are mentioned who are not human beings, they are called angels, cherubim, seraphim etc.
I am absolutely sure that the "In the beginning God created...." in Genesis 1 refers to everything that was created, so also to the created "spirits", but if you look at Genesis 1 you don't read anything about them, my guess is that they are mentioned but hide behind a symbolic language.
Does anyone already have more knowledge about this? Have you identified the symbolic language in Genesis 1?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible other intelligent beings are mentioned who are not human beings, they are called angels, cherubim, seraphim etc.
I am absolutely sure that the "In the beginning God created...." in Genesis 1 refers to everything that was created, so also to the created "spirits", but if you look at Genesis 1 you don't read anything about them, my guess is that they are mentioned but hide behind a symbolic language.
Does anyone already have more knowledge about this? Have you identified the symbolic language in Genesis 1?

Good question. I'm not sure Moses would "hide" things in symbolism. It doesn't seem to be his mode of operation, and God wouldn't likely force him into speaking in riddles.

No question that creation of the angels are completely left out of the creation account, and I suspect it may be due to the fact Moses was given to prohibit, under the Law, any messing around with spirits. This perfectly agrees with the Genesis account of the serpent and man, in which a spirit, namely Satan, hid himself in the form of a beautiful serpent, in order to speak to and to deceive the man and the woman.

My guess is that when God said He created the heavens, this would naturally include the creatures and entities that exist in the heavens, including the heavenly bodies and the angels. To exclude reference to angels appears to be in keeping with God's command to Israel to ignore angels unless, of course, they appear and speak by the word of God.

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Good question. I'm not sure Moses would "hide" things in symbolism. It doesn't seem to be his mode of operation, and God wouldn't likely force him into speaking in riddles.

No question that creation of the angels are completely left out of the creation account, and I suspect it may be due to the fact Moses was given to prohibit, under the Law, any messing around with spirits. This perfectly agrees with the Genesis account of the serpent and man, in which a spirit, namely Satan, hid himself in the form of a beautiful serpent, in order to speak to and to deceive the man and the woman.

My guess is that when God said He created the heavens, this would naturally include the creatures and entities that exist in the heavens, including the heavenly bodies and the angels. To exclude reference to angels appears to be in keeping with God's command to Israel to ignore angels unless, of course, they appear and speak by the word of God.
You talk as if Moses had written the book but you are wrong, not a single letter in the Bible was written by a man, it was the Spirit of God who wrote it down through men. This is a huge difference.
And about your statements about the symbolic language I have to disagree with you, the whole Bible is hidden behind a symbolic language that only those can decipher who have the wisdom of God.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is clear on what is spirit and what is not. God and humans are spirit. Angels are stars. Angels were created on day 4. Genesis 1:16

16 God made the two great lights — the larger light to rule the day and the smaller light to rule the night — and the stars.

And the stars, all the angels created on day 4. Star is not a symbolic term. Angel is the symbolic term for the stars. It defines what a star may or may not do. But stars are fixed beings in their job titles. A star can be given the shape of a human, but they are not humans, spirits, nor can they possess any humans. A demon is the spirit being that can and does possess another human.

The creation of spirits was the creation of humanity on day 6. Genesis 1:27
"So God created humankind in his own image; in the image of God he created him:
male and female he created them."

God is the only Spirit. God created humankind in His own image of Spirit. The created spirit beings are called sons of God as their symbolic titles.

Hebrews 2 explains that currently humans are subject to death by means of the Adversary (Satan). This star created by God, rebelled against God and became the embodiment of death itself. Satan is not a spirit nor ever can be. Satan is death and separation from God. Satan is currently the separation of humanity from even the words of the Torah given to Moses by God Himself. 2 Thessalonians 2, is the explanation why humans cannot clearly understand Genesis. Humans have been deceived by Satan the Adversary to accept a lie, instead of the literal truth of God’s written Word. Hebrews 1:14 is not a statement of fact. It is a rhetorical question. The answer is given in Hebrews 2. Humanity did have power over the stars. But in Adam's disobedience, we were made subject to one, the Adversary by death. Jesus being God subjected Himself in human form lower than this star. That as God would claim back humanity's original purpose as Spirit over even the stars themselves.

This is not the typical religious driven account passed down from Satan through various world religions. There are lots of believable, but only lies, stories and traditions. Genesis is the only account that is God’s given record.