The Cross 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

Where does Christianity start for an individual? How can we put a finger on all Christianity? It's really very simple, The Cross!

The cross is where salvation starts, if you are looking at your salvation in scripture or trying to put a finger on it, then the cross is where you start. The understanding of the cross will be the most important thing you will have in all your understanding. Because you have to start out right to end right and to understand scripture and get a good footing you must understand death. First thing you understand about death is it is final.

Death of Christ, death to the old man, destruction-death of the sin nature. When we search the search we have to start at the cross in the death, burial, resurrection, and ascension of coarse. Our message starts before the foundations of the world but it is fulfilled at the cross. Salvation starts at the cross no other fount I know.

Look at the verse of scripture and it starts out, "I am crucified with Christ" and another line in the verse says " Christ liveth in me." Those are the two most important words in your bible because that is where you start in your understanding. All of your putting together scriptures and trying to make since out of your bible will hinge on that verse. There is no life without death, if you start out just looking for life more than likely you will not find it because the life you need comes out of death. So you start with death and then you will see how life comes from death.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. - John 12:24

You cannot conjure up who you are, it is not an imagination that can be handled by just speculating on what scripture is saying. If you want life you have to realize, or reckon it to be. How does that happen? You see the finished work of the cross, you reckon yourself dead as Jesus was when he died on the cross. The truth is; you were crucified with Christ in the cross. If you feel you still have some kind of life on your own still, that is wrong. You have no life on your own to think that you do may be the lieing deceptive work of the enemy of the soul-mind.

The mind will always be the battle ground for your understanding, and you may even have to take it by force. Your mind is where all action will take place for living life with understanding. A knower they are called because they know the plan and purpose of God from the beginning.