The Cross that no one wants to talk about

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I does seem odd to me that since the work of Jesus on the cross is the reason we can have salvation is not something most are willing to write about. Why??

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I does seem odd to me that since the work of Jesus on the cross is the reason we can have salvation is not something most are willing to write about. Why??

Its because of the inflated sense of self-worth, what Paul called the pride of life as one of the sins that is of the world.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think people take for granted, since this is a christian website, that everyone is familiar with what happened at the cross.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think people take for granted, since this is a christian website, that everyone is familiar with what happened at the cross.

But no one wants to acknowledge that Jesus atoned (paid) for all the sins of mankind on the cross. Mankind still struggles with their sins of the flesh by refusing to place their faith in what Jesus accomplished on the cross for them as a gift. Mankind loves religion activities thinking it is those activities that save them.

Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It seems like I am the only one since I am the only one that is talking about it. How many of your posts mention the shed blood of Jesus on the cross?
So who told you?
You are not the only one talking about it. After you third post its a little clearer what you are talking about. and you never really talked about it either. why dont you not just come out and say what you are talking about in a little detail. Then we will know if you are talking about it.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this enough detail?

Preaching the cross:

Isa 53:6-11
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
KJV

Rom 3:21-26 God's Righteousness Through Faith
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
NKJV

Rom 5:8-11
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
NKJV

Eph 1:5-8
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
NKJV

Col 1:13-14
13 He """ has""" delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
NKJV

Eph 2:11-16 Brought Near by His Blood
11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh — who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands —
12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Christ Our Peace
NKJV
For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body """"through the cross,""" thereby putting to death the enmity.

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like I am the only one since I am the only one that is talking about it. How many of your posts mention the shed blood of Jesus on the cross?
I bet if you were to read every post on this site, you'd come close to putting a New Testament together.

Reactions: Mjh29 and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well, this concept to me is one that is meant to be lived out, and i guess i am missing how mentioning the concept in such a manner provides any practical illumination on what i perceive as a deeper concept.

Iow it strikes me that "mentioning the shed blood" tells me that you perceive Jesus in the flesh in a historical perspective, rife with overtones of punishment and death imo, an Original Sin perspective, perhaps...arg, how can i put it--it is like focusing on the death part a bit much imo, when Christ is risen. i mean all that only took 3 days :)

so, don't get me wrong, i was raised with that, but to me it is just code for "Jesus Cult" now i guess, and i believe that is maybe even like baby food anyway, although i would say that the concept is a primary consideration in my next decision too.

i try to recognize that i can assert my will or not in my next decision/encounter, and don't kid myself when i am convicted later about whatever--or at least i hope not--so, the same concept from a more...practical? creative? creation centered, rather than death centered perspective. ya.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is this enough detail?

Preaching the cross:

Isa 53:6-11
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
KJV

Rom 3:21-26 God's Righteousness Through Faith
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
NKJV

Rom 5:8-11
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
NKJV

Eph 1:5-8
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
NKJV

Col 1:13-14
13 He """ has""" delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
NKJV

Eph 2:11-16 Brought Near by His Blood
11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh — who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands —
12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Christ Our Peace
NKJV
For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body """"through the cross,""" thereby putting to death the enmity.
Maybe you missed what I was saying we all know what scripture says. But whats your point?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you missed what I was saying we all know what scripture says. But whats your point?
For the slow. The scriptures plainly say that all the sins of of mankind were atoned for by what Jesus did on the cross when all, all, all the iniquities (wickness, sins) of the world were laid on Him. But religious man refuses to believe (have faith) that their sins have been atoned for and therefore they are on forums talking about how we are not saved by faith in what Jesus did on the cross, alone, and must perform works in religions. To recognize that sins were paid for on the cross negates all religious rules and endeavors and gives Jesus all the glory. But religious man wants to glory in their religion just as the Pharisees did.

The words in all my posts on this thread are written in simple words and to say you don't understand what they say is foolishness.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
1Therefore, leaving the elementary message about the Messiah, let us go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, faith in God,

might be relevant

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
H.Richard.
I believe the reason is that as someone already said..as we here are Christians it is taken as a given. The "preaching of the cross" if for the unsaved...that's where you need to preach it if you feel so called to do so.
The Blood, The Cross and the sacrifice are the firm foundation on which we all build.
The writer of Hebrews 6 said..." Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God...." We BUILD upon the foundations...we will go nowhere if we keep going back again and again to check our foundation...which Paul said- "is a firm foundation.."
You are writing to the converted here!!

And actually, quite a few of us DO mention the blood, the Cross, and the great sacrifice in our posts...we just don't keep on starting new threads on our Foundational faith.
PS, I have only just seen that bbyrd009 also used the same scripture in Heb 6. I agree that is why we don't stick in one place, but 'grow in grace..and in the knowledge of the Lord.'

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But religious man refuses to believe (have faith) that their sins have been atoned for and therefore they are on forums talking...
You look at all these different threads as irrelevant, ignorant, basically a waste of time. I look at these threads as opportunities to share the truth of the Gospel.

Where would we be if Jesus balked at ignorance?

Just saying...

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the slow. The scriptures plainly say that all the sins of of mankind were atoned for by what Jesus did on the cross when all, all, all the iniquities (wickness, sins) of the world were laid on Him. But religious man refuses to believe (have faith) that their sins have been atoned for and therefore they are on forums talking about how we are not saved by faith in what Jesus did on the cross, alone, and must perform works in religions. To recognize that sins were paid for on the cross negates all religious rules and endeavors and gives Jesus all the glory. But religious man wants to glory in their religion just as the Pharisees did.

The words in all my posts on this thread are written in simple words and to say you don't understand what they say is foolishness.

I don't think any true Christian believes in the slightest sense that works saves them-- I don't see that in posts of any Christian forum. Even people who believe in practicing the Law (such as Sabbath) don't believe that, but rather obedience is evidence of faith. It may seem like some are acting like a Pharisee, but I at least give them the benefit of the doubt. This is why I get a tad irritated when someone who wants to keep parts of the Law out of obedience is categorized as one who believes doing so will save them and thus are attacked as legalists. We have to try to foster understanding in these matters.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Mjh29