1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Cult of Jehovah

Discussion in 'Unorthodox Doctrine Forum' started by robert derrick, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Nothing new.
    By joining anything, by your word you agree with their rules.

2. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Spiritual Warrior Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    We are the church...are we not?

JohnPaul and Wrangler like this.
  3. theefaith

theefaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I was baptized into Christ and his church when I was 16!

days old

4. theefaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    that does not make you an apostle or teacher

5. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Be upfront, according to man; You were water baptized by a Catholic Priest into the Catholic Church, age 16 days.

According to Gods WORD...
    People Baptized with the Holy Spirit ARE Baptized by Christ Jesus, AFTER the individual makes his own FREEWILL Heartful Confession of Belief: Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God.
    I highly doubt you made such a confession at age 16 days old.

6. theefaith

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Not required of infants only adults

7. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No.

8. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What does that have to do with ministering/teaching to all nations.....didn't Jesus tell them to go and make disciples of all men?...and so as Jesus made disciples of the 12 apostles so did He also tell them to make disciples of all nations in like manner.
    Mat 28 (NKJV)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    ¹⁸ And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
    ¹⁹ Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
    ²⁰ teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

amadeus and JohnPaul like this.
  9. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Heart2Soul Such a lot in these verses....

Heart2Soul likes this.
  10. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Heart2Soul The Biblical church does have spiritual, truth-driven characteristics and some things just don't belong, right?

Heart2Soul likes this.
  11. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Regarding local church activities, my mind keeps going back again and again to Acts 2.42: "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers."

Mantis and Heart2Soul like this.
  12. JohnPaul

JohnPaul Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Exactly Heart2Soul and that's what Jehovah's Witnesses do they go around the world door to door spreading the word of God as do the Mormons, these are the only two Christian denominations that I see walking around door to door spreading the good word of God.

Heart2Soul likes this.
  13. Robert Gwin

Robert Gwin Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The people whom God accepts their worship. Jehovah mainly had individuals as friends early on, but with the establishment of the Law covenant given through Moses, Jehovah had an organized nation of people. He did refer to the descendants of Jacob as being His people even before that, but they became His covenanted people at that point.
    (Exodus 19:7-9) . . .Moses came and called the older men of the people and set before them all these words that Jehovah had commanded him. 8 After that all the people answered unanimously and said: “All that Jehovah has spoken we are willing to do.” Immediately Moses took back the words of the people to Jehovah. 9 At this Jehovah said to Moses: “Look! I am coming to you in a dark cloud, in order that the people may hear when I speak with you, and that in you also they may put faith to time indefinite.” Then Moses reported the words of the people to Jehovah.

14. Robert Gwin

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I am a seed planter, I gave you how God identifies the faith, logically from your attitude, you recognize that your faith does not meet the identity. Now you personally have to decide what to do. As you can see, it in all honesty was not our attitude, it was not us as you indicated previously, as seen in your written replies maam.

I certainly am here to assist you in getting answers to your questions, as most likely your previous teachers were, simply feel free to ask, as you have experienced that is what we do Jane.

15. Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I just asked you a question.
    You ignored it, and instead once again tried to sell me a car. Plus again making assumptions and stereotyping me.

Stop.

You are not helping. You are instead only repeating that same terrible loop that displays your faith as (pardon my frankness) horrible rotten fruit.

16. Desire Of All Nations

Desire Of All Nations Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thing is though, Jesus told the apostles to do that. Paul spoke at length in 1 Corinthians about how people in God's Church have different responsibilities and likened those responsibilities to different human body parts for this very reason. Apostles are more educated in scriptural matters because they were personally trained and prepared by God to do the job, and are therefore better suited to make disciples than a lay member.

You might think biblical government has nothing to do with ministering, but Eph. 4:11-16 says it makes all the difference between someone preaching the true gospel and someone preaching a counterfeit gospel.
    Telling someone the uncomfortable truth about their church is hardly "bashing". If that is what constitutes "Catholic bashing" to you, you might want to see Revelation where God outright calls this church a murdering whore that has spent its entire existence deceiving the world and persecuting His saints. God even went so far to call this church "Jezebel" in Rev. 2:20. That should tell you that God has some strong feelings about this church, and none of them are anywhere close to being positive.

The day is coming very soon where the Catholic church will once again use violence to enforce its dogma, and people need to be warned about it before that day arrives. The Bible says a Christian is supposed to love their neighbor as themselves, and telling someone the truth about the Catholic church certainly qualifies if it'll help them see that church for what the Bible says it is: a false church that is empowered by Satan. Everyone who knows about its long history of sexual immorality, idolatry, violence, and lying can convince themselves that it has ever been a force for good just because it claims to be Christian.

17. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That's how I view the church to be as well.

farouk likes this.
  18. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Some are called to go door to door...others to evangelize...others to teach and preach...we are all in unison towards the purpose of spreading the gospel by whatever means necessary.

19. Robert Gwin

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Perhaps you might mention a rotten fruit maam, be glad to address it.

20. Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    My comment was already very clear.

bbyrd009 and Wrangler like this.