The dangerous thing about Calvinism...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...is that it attempts to take the moral high ground, i.e. "we are contending for the glory of God," and/or "salvation is not of you it is all of God"...

...in order to promote a doctrine of salvation that will lead many people to become complacent about their responsibility in the matter in that they are told that grace and salvation come first and then faith...the implication is that faith isn't necessary but optional.

The way they get around this being that they say that faith will surely follow salvation...

...the thing about this being that I no longer place my faith in Jesus Christ unto salvation, but the Lord arbitrarily chooses me and gives me faith after having saved me.

What this means is that if I have faith then the Lord has saved me; but not because of my faith. Therefore if I am not saved, I cannot enter into salvation by placing my faith in Jesus Christ; but I have to wait for Jesus to save me and give me faith.

What this does is that it gives people an excuse to not make a decision for Christ; and even encourages them to think in such a manner as not to make a decision for Christ.

I would say to them that they ought not to gamble with eternity concerning their decision not to receive Christ, but they would answer that it is not up to me...if I am doomed to the lake of fire then it is because god chose me to that fate, and therefore god would be responsible for my condemnation...and I don't want to serve a god like that anyway, because such a god is not good as I see it (me too!).

The truth of the matter is that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:2)...and that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13)...and whoever comes to Jesus He will by no means cast out (John 6:37).

Therefore if you make a decision to receive Christ today, you will find upon entering into salvation that Christ redeemed you from the foundations of the world, you were predestinated from eternity past to be a believer and to inherit eternal or everlasting life (from the perspective of the foreknowledge of the Lord).

Last edited: