The Day Of Atonement/Yom Kippur

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday 10-7-22 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tishri 10 5783 15th. Fall Day

The Real Meaning Of The Day Of Atonement/Yom Kippur

At the conclusion of the "Days Of Awe," following the Feast Of Trumpets, which depicts the Warning Blasts that God sends to warn the nations to repent and confess sins, and change their ways, comes the "Day Of Atonement." Notice, now, what happens on this day!

When the final trumpet blows, when the Seventh and "last" trumpet sounds, the Messiah Himself--Jesus Christ--will return to establish the Kingdom Of God on this earth (Revelation Eleven:15-18) On what day is This particular trumpet blown?

Notice a remarkable prophecy in the 25th. chapter of Leviticus. We read:
Leviticus Twenty Five:8-10

The Jubilee Year pictures the time of restitution of all things (Lev. 25:10-17).
This restitution will occur at the return of the Messiah! The apostle Peter proclaimed, at the beginning of the New Testament Church, to the Jewish nation gathered in Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast Pentecost, (Acts Three:19-20)

Now notice when the Jubilee year officially begins it is on Rosh Hashanah, or the Feast of Trumpets, as the normal new year begins in the Fall. Rather it is on the tenth day of the Seventh month or on Yom Kippur The Day of Atonement!

Leviticus Twenty Three:26-32

26 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.

28 And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the Lord your God.

29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.

30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.

31 Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

Psalm 69

1 Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.

2 I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.

3 I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.

4 They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away.

5 O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.

6 Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

7 Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face.

8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

9 For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

10 When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, that was to my reproach.

11 I made sackcloth also my garment; and I became a proverb to them.

12 They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards.

13 But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.

14 Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.

15 Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.

16 Hear me, O Lord; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.

17 And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily.

18 Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: deliver me because of mine enemies.

19 Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee.

20 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.

21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

22 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.

23 Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake.

24 Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them.

25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.

26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.

27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.

28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

29 But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.

30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

31 This also shall please the Lord better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs.

32 The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God.

33 For the Lord heareth the poor, and despiseth not his prisoners.

34 Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas, and every thing that moveth therein.

35 For God will save Zion, and will build the cities of Judah: that they may dwell there, and have it in possession.

36 The seed also of his servants shall inherit it: and they that love his name shall dwell therein.

Isaiah 58 KJV

4 Bible verses about The Last Trumpet (knowing-jesus.com)

Love, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is the most intresting one that you & debbie have shared so far, thanks for shareing this, that is amazeing :)

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

At the conclusion of the "Days Of Awe," following the Feast Of Trumpets, which depicts the Warning Blasts that God sends to warn the nations to repent and confess sins, and change their ways, comes the "Day Of Atonement." Notice, now, what happens on this day!

When the final trumpet blows, when the Seventh and "last" trumpet sounds, the Messiah Himself--Jesus Christ--will return to establish the Kingdom Of God on this earth (Revelation Eleven:15-18) On what day is This particular trumpet blown?

The Jubilee Year pictures the time of restitution of all things (Lev. 25:10-17).
This restitution will occur at the return of the Messiah! The apostle Peter proclaimed, at the beginning of the New Testament Church, to the Jewish nation gathered in Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast Pentecost, (Acts Three:19-20)

Now notice when the Jubilee year officially begins it is on Rosh Hashanah, or the Feast of Trumpets, as the normal new year begins in the Fall. Rather it is on the tenth day of the Seventh month or on Yom Kippur The Day of Atonement!

27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.

28 And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the Lord your God.

29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.

30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.

31 Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

Psalm 69

2 I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.

3 I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.

4 They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away.

6 Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

9 For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

12 They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards.

13 But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.

14 Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.

15 Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.

16 Hear me, O Lord; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.

17 And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily.

19 Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee.

20 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.

21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

22 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.

23 Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake.

24 Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them.

26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.

27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.

28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

31 This also shall please the Lord better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs.

32 The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God.

34 Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas, and every thing that moveth therein.

35 For God will save Zion, and will build the cities of Judah: that they may dwell there, and have it in possession.

36 The seed also of his servants shall inherit it: and they that love his name shall dwell therein.

Isaiah 58 KJV

Love, Walter and Debbie
With Leviticus 23:23 all your surmising is dashed against its written truth : "The first day of the Seventh Month you must observe SABBATH" of the Fourth Commanded so that the four Sabbaths of that month ALWAYS WAS the Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD of the creation, the Seventh Day of the creation-WEEK through all creation’s “days and months and seasons and years” of existence.

YOM KIPPUR is the fancy of Judaism, of late manifesting as 'messianic christianity' and Zionism.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Leviticus 23:23 all your surmising is dashed against its written truth : "The first day of the Seventh Month you must observe SABBATH" of the Fourth Commanded so that the four Sabbaths of that month ALWAYS WAS the Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD of the creation, the Seventh Day of the creation-WEEK through all creation’s “days and months and seasons and years” of existence.

YOM KIPPUR is the fancy of Judaism, of late manifesting as 'messianic christianity' and Zionism.
Hello GerhardEbersoehn, Thank you,

Leviticus 23:26-32

Day Of Atonement​

Some Views Of The Day Of Atonement In The New Testament

Love, Walter and Debbie

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the Lord your God.
To your doctrine then, a day and not any day but the 10th day of the solar year's Seventh Month, makes an atonement for you before the Lord your God. And Jesus Christ? Is He not "the Way" the only Way?
The 10th was a day the people physically moved into "at one-ment" order/arrangement in the desert; it was not for forgiveness of sins. It never became a centralized day after king David who made all temple laws. It was not one of the three mandatory assemblies. The 10th always was the Second Day of the week. It never floated through the Sabbath-week as the Jews want the world to believe, save you breath.
NO BLOOD OF SIN-OFFERING CAME IN BEHIND THE INNER VAIL EVER. The idea it did lies at the heart of all day-of-atonement heresies.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To your doctrine then, a day and not any day but the 10th day of the solar year's Seventh Month, makes an atonement for you before the Lord your God. And Jesus Christ? Is He not "the Way" the only Way?
The 19th was a day the people physically moved into "at one-ment" order/arrangement in the desert; it was not for forgiveness of sins. It never became a centralized day after king David who made all temple laws. It was not one of the three mandatory assemblies. The 10th always was the Second Day of the week. It never floated through the Sabbath-week as the Jews want the world to believe, save you breath.
NO BLOOD OF SIN-OFFERING CAME IN BEHIND THE INNER VAIL EVER. The idea it did lies at the heart of all day-of-atonement heresies.
As I see we are not in agreement at all about this issue, as I look over the context, what did Jesus say and do?

Walter

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As I see we are not in agreement at all about this issue, as I look over the context, what did Jesus say and do? W&D Q~In the New Testament, the Day of Atonement is mentioned in Acts 27:9, where some Bible versions refer to as "the Fast."~Q

<What did Jesus say?> Yes? What did Jesus say on the 'Day of Atonement'?---NOTHING!
Your own finding (elsewhere) is this, only that Q~In the New Testament, the Day of Atonement is mentioned in Acts 27:9, where some Bible versions refer to as "the Fast."~Q This matter therefore answered:
Acts 27

9Now when much time (of the year) was spent,

9 Ἱκανοῦ δὲ χρόνου διαγενομένου

and when sailing was now already dangerous,

αὶ ὄντος ἤδη ἐπισφαλοῦς τοῦ πλοὸς

because the FALL was now already past,

διὰ τὸ καὶ τὴν νηστείαν ἤδη παρεληλυθέναι,

Paul admonished / warned them…

παρῄνει ὁ Παῦλος…

12And because the haven was not commodious

12 ἀνευθέτου δὲ τοῦ λιμένος ὑπάρχοντος

for to winter in,

πρὸς παραχειμασίαν οἱ πλείονες

the majority of them advised to depart thence also

ἔθεντο βουλὴν ἀναχθῆναι ἐκεῖθεν

if by any means because of Fall fast approaching end,

εἴ πως δύναιντο καταντήσαντες,

they might keep sailing as far as Phenice an (safe) haven of Crete.

εἰς Φοίνικα παραχειμάσαι λιμένα τῆς Κρήτης.
FURTHER COMMENT SUPERFLUOUS!

Nevertheless,

Ancient said:
known as the fast as they afflicted themselves on that day by fasting. This is referred to by Paul in Acts 27:9.
https://www.christianityboard.com/threads/the-yom-kippur-hoax-busted.51062/page-2?fbclid=IwAR2Uw4NWywETWgucmcADBKf3QtkycI4fewL656V1w71CP3IVTQlAifkxgGg#post-1444626#30
A joke in bad taste! Yom Kippur is about nothing but EATING AND DRINKING! Just check the internet.
And it is all about how disrespectful their eating and drinking can be - where the Torah forbids any bones of the passover sacrifice shall be broken, severed or cut off or through, whichever bone the Jews choose, they cook in water which also, the Torah forbids. No joke - it's scandalous, in fact blasphemous! And above all they have the audacity to call it "the fast of Yom Kippur"! UNBELIEVABLE! BUT THE ZENITH OF THIS INSANITY IS THAT CHRISTIANS ARE ITS OBSERVERS.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalm 69

Isaiah 58 KJV

Love, Walter and Debbie
Pretty good but the 7th trump of Rev. is "not" the trump that is sounded for the rapture. That is one that God himself will blow per Zech. 9:14.. The 7 trumps in Rev. are "not" part of the feast of trumpets.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Pretty good but the 7th trump of Rev. is "not" the trump that is sounded for the rapture. That is one that God himself will blow per Zech. 9:14.. The 7 trumps in Rev. are "not" part of the feast of trumpets
The trumpet / trumpets WHICHEVER - 'silver' or 'brass' or 'horn'-- there is not 1 mention or incidence in Scripture of any that is not on "the Seventh Day"-- "the Sabbath of the LORD GOD" and there is NO way any honest student of Scripture can avoid or deny or IGNORE the fact. WHICH IMPLIES "the day of the LORD" and of his Coming truly, always and AGAIN, shall be "the Lord JESUS' Day" and of His Coming-- "the Sabbath". See Isaiah 66.
Zachariah 9
14And the LORD shall be SEEN over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord GOD shall blow the trumpet (and be HEARD), and shall go (COME) with whirlwinds of the south. 15The LORD of hosts shall defend them; and they shall devour, and subdue with sling stones; and they shall drink (Colossians 2:16), and make a noise as through wine; and they shall be filled like bowls, and as the corners of the altar (table "of Sabbath's Feast of Christ the Substance...nourishment being ministered"). 16And the LORD their God shall save them in That Day as the flock of his people ("The Body is of Christ"), as the stones of a crown (instead of thorns), LIFTED UP (raised from the dead) : ENSIGN upon his land. 17For how great is his goodness, and how great is his beauty (the Lord our Saviour God Jesus Christ) RISEN FROM THE DEAD!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Like the Seventh Day the Sabbath Day of God the Creator in the beginning concluded the HISTORY of the creation, SO the Seventh Day the Sabbath Day of God the Redeemer in the END will conclude the HISTORY of this world and usher in the beginning of the earth and heavens made new. See Genesis 3:24 and the dawning of the Sabbath Daylight AS GOD'S PROMISE OF THE FUTURE REDEEMER after the Sixth Day that Adam and Eve were created and fell in sin.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, <year officially begins on the Feast of Trumpets, as the normal new year begins in the Fall>.
Yes, 'the Feast of Trumpets', 'officially' i.e., "according to the Scriptures", <begins the year...as the normal new year...in the Fall> BUT: NOT <on the tenth day of the Seventh month or on Yom Kippur The Day of Atonement>! What are you saying man, you JUST gave the Scripture Leviticus 23:23 which reads verbatim "on the first day of the Seventh Month"! What are you saying man! No <rather> man! Notice: "on the first day of the Seventh Month ye shall have SABBATH"-- that's where 'officially' i.e., "according to the Scriptures" Leviticus 23:23, the normal new year, on, and with, the Feast or Day of Trumpets-SABBATH, began.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Now see how EASILY you BLUFF! Simply with 'quoting' <Leviticus Twenty Three:26-32> AS THOUGH FULLY but shrewdly LEAVING OUT the first CRYTICAL three verses. You and your cohorts have never been caught out for doing exactly what you at the risk of your eternal life are forbidden to do, namely to add to or subtract from God's Word.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trumpet / trumpets WHICHEVER - 'silver' or 'brass' or 'horn'-- there is not 1 mention or incidence in Scripture of any that is not on "the Seventh Day"-- "the Sabbath of the LORD GOD" and there is NO way any honest student of Scripture can avoid or deny or IGNORE the fact. WHICH IMPLIES "the day of the LORD" and of his Coming truly, always and AGAIN, shall be "the Lord JESUS' Day" and of His Coming-- "the Sabbath". See Isaiah 66.
Zachariah 9
14And the LORD shall be SEEN over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord GOD shall blow the trumpet (and be HEARD), and shall go (COME) with whirlwinds of the south. 15The LORD of hosts shall defend them; and they shall devour, and subdue with sling stones; and they shall drink (Colossians 2:16), and make a noise as through wine; and they shall be filled like bowls, and as the corners of the altar (table "of Sabbath's Feast of Christ the Substance...nourishment being ministered"). 16And the LORD their God shall save them in That Day as the flock of his people ("The Body is of Christ"), as the stones of a crown (instead of thorns), LIFTED UP (raised from the dead) : ENSIGN upon his land. 17For how great is his goodness, and how great is his beauty (the Lord our Saviour God Jesus Christ)!
I'm sorry but you are wrong regarding trumpets. The Feast of Trumpets - aka Rosh Hashanah or "Head of the Year". This holiday is celebrated on the 1st & 2nd of Tishri, the religious 7th month and the first month of their "civil" new year. It is celebrated alongside Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. The interval between the last of the spring feasts - Pentecost and the first of the fall feasts - Trumpets corresponds to this present age. Pentecost began the Church age and Trumpets, which will signal the Messiah‘s Second Coming will end it. This is the last "trump" spoken of in 1 Cor. 15:52 and 1 Thess. 4:16, not the seventh trumpet judgment in Revelations.

The blowing of the trumpet in ancient Israel had three primary functions. The first was to call a solemn assembly, the second, when Israel under Divine direction was to go to war and the third was at the coronation of a new king. There are two major themes associated with The Day of the Lord. The first is deliverance of the righteous and the second is the judgment of the wicked. In connection with His Second Coming, Jesus will first call His own to Himself, the Rapture, and then will go to war against His enemies, concluding with His Coronation as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thursday 12-8-22 4th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Kislev 13, 5783 77th. Fall Day

Atonement in the N.T. the word Atonement in the authorized version of the bible is an O.T. term.

It appears only once in the N.T. Romans Five:11 where it is translated as reconciliation in the revised version.

Romans 5:11

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Atonement:

John 6:51

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Read full chapter

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Walter

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is the last "trump" spoken of in 1 Cor. 15:52 and 1 Thess. 4:16, not the seventh trumpet judgment in Revelations.
<the last "trump" spoken of in 1 Cor. 15:52 and 1 Thess. 4:16, not the seventh trumpet judgment in Revelations.> -- EXACTLY. There is NO correlation with or similarity between <the last "trump" spoken of in 1 Cor. 15:52 and 1 Thess. 4:16...the seventh trumpet judgment in Revelations...> TRUE. Why then do you argue the direct opposite - <Trumpets corresponds to this present age. Pentecost began the Church age and Trumpets, which will signal the Messiah‘s Second Coming will end it.>? And - more important even, WHERE IS YOUR SCRIPTURE FOR REFERRING TO <the seventh trumpet judgment in Revelations>?

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm sorry but you are wrong regarding trumpets. The Feast of Trumpets - aka Rosh Hashanah or "Head of the Year". This holiday is celebrated on the 1st & 2nd of Tishri, the religious 7th month and the first month of their "civil" new year. It is celebrated alongside Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. The interval between the last of the spring feasts - Pentecost and the first of the fall feasts - Trumpets corresponds to this present age. Pentecost began the Church age and Trumpets, which will signal the Messiah‘s Second Coming will end it. This is the last "trump" spoken of in 1 Cor. 15:52 and 1 Thess. 4:16, not the seventh trumpet judgment in Revelations.

The blowing of the trumpet in ancient Israel had three primary functions. The first was to call a solemn assembly, the second, when Israel under Divine direction was to go to war and the third was at the coronation of a new king. There are two major themes associated with The Day of the Lord. The first is deliverance of the righteous and the second is the judgment of the wicked. In connection with His Second Coming, Jesus will first call His own to Himself, the Rapture, and then will go to war against His enemies, concluding with His Coronation as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Re: <The Feast of Trumpets - aka Rosh Hashanah or "Head of the Year"> No Scripture conjecture. REJECTED!

Re: <This holiday is celebrated on the 1st & 2nd of Tishri> <This> one day celebrated on two days nonsense. REJECTED!

Re: <holiday is celebrated on the 1st & 2nd of Tishri> Never seen Scripture or the date, <2nd of Tishri>. REJECTED!

Re: <The Feast of Trumpets…is celebrated alongside Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.> Untrue allegation – No <blowing of the trumpet in ancient Israel…on…Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement> WRITTEN of. REJECTED!

Re: <Pentecost began the Church age and Trumpets…will signal the Messiah‘s Second Coming [and] will end it (the Church age).> Never objected. Instead maintained that the Seventh Day Sabbath and its trumpet(s) was and will be the day of the fulfilment of both – NOT <Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.> Senseless remark REJECTED!

Re: <the 1st & 2nd of Tishri … celebrated alongside Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement> the tenth day of Tishri? REJECTED!

Re: <the last "trump" spoken of in 1 Cor. 15:52 and 1 Thess. 4:16, not the seventh trumpet judgment in Revelations.> Who said it was? Notion REJECTED!

Re: <The blowing of the trumpet in ancient Israel had three primary functions. The first was to call a solemn assembly, the second, when Israel under Divine direction was to go to war and the third was at the coronation of a new king. > AMEN – every tittle and iota of, Jesus Christ God with us tabernacled in the flesh, and – may it be punctuated–, ON THE SABBATH, FULFILLED TO THE FULL AND OVERFLOWING. Therefore the suggestion He did not fully fulfil ‘the trumpets’ at His First Coming, is, REJECTED!

Re: <Jesus will first call His own to Himself, the Rapture, and then will go to war against His enemies> No Scripture conjecture REJECTED!

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalm 69

Isaiah 58 KJV

Love, Walter and Debbie
I know you mean well...but you are speaking Biblical or Christianese. Why not speak plainly?

The Day of Atonement need simply be understood as the day in which atonement is made. "Atonement" simply means the repair of the broken relation between God and mankind.​
The good news is, that day came and atonement was accomplished when Jesus the Messiah died on the cross. His raising again from the dead is proof.​
Therefore--as it is written: “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live." John 11:25

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you mean well...but you are speaking Biblical or Christianese. Why not speak plainly?

The Day of Atonement need simply be understood as the day in which atonement is made. "Atonement" simply means the repair of the broken relation between God and mankind.​
The good news is, that day came and atonement was accomplished when Jesus the Messiah died on the cross. His raising again from the dead is proof.​
Therefore--as it is written: “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live." John 11:25
Hello ScottA, and thank you.

Walter