The day of the LORD confirmation of Zech14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Isa 13:4-19
4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the
whole land.
6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.

19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
KJV

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Obviously Isaiah was prophesying about the Mede/Persian conquest of Babylon (539 BC).

I guess one reason you think this is a future prophecy is because the translation you use says 'THE day of the lord'. The Hebrew, however, does not have the definite article THE, but says 'A day of the lord'. There have been many days of the lord.

Another reason I suppose is because the prophecy's language sounds so similar to that found in the book of Revelation. That is because the writer of that book borrowed apocalyptic imagery from the Isaiah prophecy to describe future events that are similar in nature, but not the same.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
This is speaking of the coming Tribulation period, verses 10-13 never happened in 539 BC.
In verse 11 The Lord will punish the WORLD which is what He does during the Tribulation.
In verse 13 it says it is the wrath of The Lord of Hosts, this again is the Tribulation period when the wrath of God is poured out upon the world.

Rev 14:10 "he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence ofthe holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rev 14:19 So the angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and threw [it] into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rev 15:1 Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous: seven angels having the seven last plagues, for in them the wrath of God is complete.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rev 15:7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls full of the wrath of God who lives forever and ever.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rev 16:1 Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out the bowls of the wrath of God on the earth."

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Trumpeter said:
This is speaking of the coming Tribulation period, verses 10-13 never happened in 539 BC.
Well using your logic the entire prophecy cannot be future because the Medes no longer exist.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Obviously Isaiah was prophesying about the Mede/Persian conquest of Babylon (539 BC).

I guess one reason you think this is a future prophecy is because the translation you use says 'THE day of the lord'. The Hebrew, however, does not have the definite article THE, but says 'A day of the lord'. There have been many days of the lord.

Another reason I suppose is because the prophecy's language sounds so similar to that found in the book of Revelation. That is because the writer of that book borrowed apocalyptic imagery from the Isaiah prophecy to describe future events that are similar in nature, but not the same.
boy, now that's a crock.

The Writer of Revelation was The LORD Himself. He gave His Apostle John what to write down. It's the pagan gnostics that believe Revelation was just some writing devised by men. Lot of them don't even believe Apostle John wrote it.

Brethren in Christ:
Don't listen to these nut cases that come here to lie about God's Word.

The Book of Isaiah has MANY prophecies that are specific to the endtime events, it is a very important prophetic Book for us Christians to be studying right now. It has a section of chapters that Bible scholars call 'The Apocalypse of Isaiah', simply because it covers many of the endtime events like our Lord's Book of Revelation does. No brainer that He associated lot of the symbols from Isaiah in His Book of Revelation. His Revelation actually has symbology from many of the Books of God's OT prophets, not just Isaiah. What that does is prove beyond any doubt that God is The Author of Revelation.

But these gnostic freaks and false Jews deny His Revelation because they deny The Saviour Jesus Christ.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Well using your logic the entire prophecy cannot be future because the Medes no longer exist.
Media was an ancient country of Asia situated west of Parthia, north of the Persian Gulf, east of Assyria and Armenia, and south of the Caspian Sea. The old country of Media is now included in parts of Iran, Iraq, and Turkey.
The prophet was describing the people with the names being used at the time.
Perhaps if you replace the word Medes with Iran, Iraq, and Turkey in that verse, it will make more sense to you.
God bless.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Trumpeter said:
Media was an ancient country of Asia situated west of Parthia, north of the Persian Gulf, east of Assyria and Armenia, and south of the Caspian Sea. The old country of Media is now included in parts of Iran, Iraq, and Turkey.
The prophet was describing the people with the names being used at the time.
Perhaps if you replace the word Medes with Iran, Iraq, and Turkey in that verse, it will make more sense to you.
God bless.
No, it doesn't make sense.