The Deity of Jesus under attack on this forum.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

This is hotly denied on this forum, the Deity of Christ, makes me wonder who is in charge here...

Sam, the Deity of Christ under attack, on this forum by Unitarians and monotheists, if you are, like me, believe in the Triune Godhead you will come under persecution, on this forum since the majority on this forum are Arians, or monotheistic.

Stay strong in Christ Jesus, we are all sinners, saved by our Father's grace and blessed mercy, most of us are in the valley, whilst other are already sinless, able to overcome their fleshly desires, able to control their thought processes, their will.

Remember, most of us are in a race, others have already finished the race, sitting on a mountain.

Shalom, I have put @GEN2REV on ignore, and will continue to ignore those who insist to deny the fact that Mashiach is God in the flesh, deny His incarnation,that Christ is 'lesser' and not equal to God, that Christ Jesus is a 'created being' and the Holy Spirit a mere emanation, to their own destruction.

J.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is under attack is the Father's place in the Godhead. Rather than casting Him aside...we are to worship the Father in the name of the Son in the POWER of His Spirit. Worshiping God's Spirit is like worshiping His hands or His finger...or what He has done. Rather Jesus came to restore us to fellowship with His Father.

It's time that this Triune thing was exposed as based on tradition...NOT the words of God.

Of course Jesus is God...although lesser than the Father who is the MOST HIGH. Jesus is not the MOST HIGH. Again, that would be to take away from the Father.

The Father sent the Son into the world. The greater sends the lesser. And in like fashion Jesus sends us into the world.

Our God is Jesus' God. We call Him Father as Jesus does. Jesus is YHVH...the God of Israel come to earth in order that He might have pre-eminence over all things.

No one is more humble that the Lord Jesus. We learn from Him. He thought equality with being God to be nothing and became as nothing to please His Father.

Are we learning anything by His example?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Sam, the Deity of Christ under attack, on this forum by Unitarians and monotheists, if you are, like me, believe in the Triune Godhead you will come under persecution, on this forum since the majority on this forum are Arians, or monotheistic.
So defend it, we don't silence anything related to this but strong condemnation of the trinity doctrine.

And you might want to reconsider your stance against monotheism. The Trinity is a monotheistic doctrine, despite what its detractors say...

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What is under attack is the Father's place in the Godhead. Rather than casting Him aside...we are to worship the Father in the name of the Son in the POWER of His Spirit. Worshiping God's Spirit is like worshiping His hands or His finger...or what He has done. Rather Jesus came to restore us to fellowship with His Father.

It's time that this Triune thing was exposed as based on tradition...NOT the words of God.

Of course Jesus is God...although lesser than the Father who is the MOST HIGH. Jesus is not the MOST HIGH. Again, that would be to take away from the Father.

The Father sent the Son into the world. The greater sends the lesser. And in like fashion Jesus sends us into the world.

Our God is Jesus' God. We call Him Father as Jesus does. Jesus is YHVH...the God of Israel come to earth in order that He might have pre-eminence over all things.

No one is more humble that the Lord Jesus. We learn from Him. He thought equality with being God to be nothing and became as nothing to please His Father.

Are we learning anything by His example?
Our God is Jesus' God.

You err man, stop <preaching>since you see Christ as a Man, the Huios of God..you have His humanity and the fact that He is God all twisted up.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

the man Christ Jesus;

not that he is a mere man, for he is truly and properly God; or that he is a Mediator only according to the human nature: it was proper indeed that he should be man, that he might have something to offer, and that he might be capable of obeying, suffering, and dying, and so of making satisfaction in the nature that had sinned; but then, had he not been God, he could not have drawn nigh to God on the behalf of men, and undertook for them, and much less have performed; nor would his blood, righteousness, and sacrifice, have been available to cleanse from sin, to procure the pardon of it, justify from it, make atonement for it, or make peace with God: the reason why he is particularly mentioned as man, is, with a view to the argument in hand, praying for all men; since he who is the Mediator between God and man, has assumed a nature which is common to them all: and this Mediator is said to be one, not so much in opposition to other mediators, angels or saints departed, though it is a truth, and stands full against them, but with respect to men; there is but one Mediator between God and all sorts of men, through whom both Jews and Gentiles have an access to God, and peace with him; and therefore prayer through this Mediator should be made for all. So the Jews say of the Messiah (u), that he is אל אמצעי, "a Mediator, God", a middle person between God and men. And they call him עמודא דאמצעיתא, "the Pillar of mediation" (w) or the middle Pillar; that is, the Mediator or Reconciler. And Philo (x) the Jew speaks of the word, as μεσος, a "middle" person, and standing in the middle between the dead and the living, and between God and men. The Ethiopic version here renders it, "there is one elect of God"; which is one of the characters of the Messiah, Isa_42:1.
(u) R. Albo, Sepher Ikkarim, orat 2. c. 28. (w) Sepher Jetzira, p. 126. (x) Quis rerum divin. Hares, p. 508, 509, 510.
J.

Reactions: mailmandan

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So defend it, we don't silence anything related to this but strong condemnation of the trinity doctrine.

And you might want to reconsider your stance against monotheism. The Trinity is a monotheistic doctrine, despite what its detractors say...

Glad I have find the attention of a staff member, this is what I mean by monotheism...

What is a monotheism in religion?
The three religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam readily fit the definition of monotheism, which is to worship one god while denying the existence of other gods. But, the relationship of the three religions is closer than that: They claim to worship the same god.

Just to clarify that.

If you have not noticed me defending the Deity of Christ Jesus peruse my posts.

I'm not here to be intimidated by no one, staff members or Admins since they are not doing a good job.
Feel free to kick me right off this forum
J.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I'm not here to be intimidated by no one, staff members or Admins since they are not doing a good job.
Feel free to kick me right off this forum
J.

The forum is being managed the way we want it managed in order to have open discussions with Christians from many different backgrounds.

See the statement on the Trinity in the announcement forum, for clerification of what is allowed.

Dont expect to be banned unless you break the rules, or become abusive towards staff. If you want to leave do so of your own volition.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The forum is being managed the way we want it managed in order to have open discussions with Christians from many different backgrounds.

See the statement on the Trinity in the announcement forum, for clerification of what is allowed.

Dont expect to be banned unless you break the rules, or become abusive towards staff. If you want to leave do so of your own volition.
I have read the rules of this forum and have not broken any rules and as for me leaving, only if the Lord will close this door...I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
Shalom
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christianity Board Statement of Faith

From this link:

The below clearly outlines the core, closed-handed, and Christian orthodox issues that we expect members of Christianity Board to uphold. We accept that this declaration essentially defines Christianity for Christianity Board. Disagreement with the below, we believe, places one outside the realm of reasonable orthodox Christianity.

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

From this link:

The below clearly outlines the core, closed-handed, and Christian orthodox issues that we expect members of Christianity Board to uphold. We accept that this declaration essentially defines Christianity for Christianity Board. Disagreement with the below, we believe, places one outside the realm of reasonable orthodox Christianity.

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

I agree with the above
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A greater God and a lesser God? Isn't that polytheistic?
That is correct. Hence the New World Translation of the Jehovah's Witnesses cult calls Jesus "a god" in John 1:1. So yes, these unbelievers are indeed promoting a greater God and a lesser God. But what does the Bible reveal?

1. The Father is fully God.
2. The Son is fully God.
3. The Holy Spirit is fully God.
4. Within the Godhead the Father is "Head" (or authority) over the Son (1 Cor 11:3)
5. While Jesus was on earth He voluntarily submitted Himself entirely to the Father's will.
6. In turn the Father calls the Son "God" and has given Him an eternal throne (Hebrews 1)
7. The Holy Spirit is called both "the Spirit of God" and "the Spirit of Christ" yet He is a distinct person called the Comforter (or Paraclete)
8. Jesus plainly told the Jews (and by extension all men) that unless they believed that He is fully God ("I AM") they would die in their sins.
9. The apostle John calls the ones who reject the doctrine of Christ "antichrists" who are not to be fellowshipped with.
10. The Holy Trinity is revealed throughout the Bible, and the Hebrew word for God -- Elohim -- is a uniplural word indicating one God eternally existent as three persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Thus "Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness" (Gen 1:26).

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.” John 14:8

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." John 20:17

Co-equality works in their nature, not their stature. One Holy Spirit makes them share all the same attributes. However, there is a ranking...an order to heavenly things that begins with the stature of God.

We are to grow into the full stature of Christ. Is that the same stature as the Father...? No. We will never be at the same stature as the Most High.

Some discernment is required here. We are to fear God (the Father) even to trembling. But we are comforted by His Spirit...which is gentle. Jesus Christ shows us this gentleness. But one day He will also show the world why God is to be feared.

Jesus Christ is a small enough piece of God that we can fit into. Does that make Jesus a separate Person than the Father? Yes. But does that make Him another god? No.

Reactions: faithfulness

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
One Spirit. Father and Son. God is Spirit. There is One Spirit.

Polytheism is about different gods with different personalities. Not so the living God.

Why isn't the idea of a "triune" God not polytheistic? You have a figurehead God...The Father...like a Zeus. Then a Son...like Apollo...and a separate spirit like Hermes

The trinity is inspired by paganism...and it is easy to understand for people who want to have different personalities.

But the Father is in the Son and the Son is in the Father. They are separate AND the same. Jesus Christ is a smaller version of the greater whole that is the Father. If you have seen the Son, you have seen the Father.

God the Father mediates through His Son. Difficult to understand? Perhaps. But we have no choice but to believe the biblical record.
The diety of Christ is under attack , cause it gets in the way of a one world universal religion .
They have to break him down and make him seem as just an equal among all the other false religoins .

I fully concur here.
J.

Reactions: amigo de christo