The Desecration of the Second Temple.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Much discussion centers around the time period that King Antiochus 4th Epiphanes, [A4E] caused an abomination to be set up on the Temple Altar.

This happened soon after A4E conquered Judah and stripped anything valuable out of the Temple and forced the population to renounce Judaism and circumcision and to accept a Greek style of civilization.

Later; Judas Maccabee defeated A4E, cleansed and rededicated the Temple.
Antiochus died a horrible death. 2 Maccabees 9:5-10

Here is the dates that these things happened:

1 Maccabees 1:20-28 A4E conquers Judah and takes loot and slaves. 169 BC

2 Maccabees 5:1-26 graphically describes this conquest.

1 Maccabees 1:29-31 Two years later, 167 BC; A4E sent a Governor to enforce his edicts. He sacked and burned the city.

1 Maccabees 1:47-50 Sacrifices and offerings were forbidden.

1 Maccabees 1:54 The abomination set up in the Temple; 15th of Kislev 167 BC

1 Maccabees 4:52 The Temple rededicated and consecrated; 25th Kislev 164 BC

There is 3 years and 10 days, that the Temple was in a state of desecration.

365.24 X 3 = 1096 + 10 = a total period of 1106 days.

This time period doesn’t match with the 1150 days of Daniel 8:14.....2300 evening and morning sacrifices. Or with the 1260 days of Revelation.

But we see that it must have been just a short time between when the Governor came and destroyed Jerusalem, stopping the sacrifices and offering, to when he made the abomination on the Altar. 44 days would be about right.

So the total time the Temple was out of use was 1150 days.
The fulfilment of Daniel 8:14

The future Temple desecration will be 1260 days; 42 months as; Revelation 13:5-8
There WILL be a new Temple in Jerusalem, many Prophesies prove this.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much discussion centers around the time period that King Antiochus 4th Epiphanes, [A4E] caused an abomination to be set up on the Temple Altar.

This happened soon after A4E conquered Judah and stripped anything valuable out of the Temple and forced the population to renounce Judaism and circumcision and to accept a Greek style of civilization.

1 Maccabees 1:29-31 Two years later, 167 BC; A4E sent a Governor to enforce his edicts. He sacked and burned the city.

This time period doesn’t match with the 1150 days of Daniel 8:14.....2300 evening and morning sacrifices. Or with the 1260 days of Revelation.

But we see that it must have been just a short time between when the Governor came and destroyed Jerusalem, stopping the sacrifices and offering, to when he made the abomination on the Altar. 44 days would be about right.

The future Temple desecration will be 1260 days; 42 months as; Revelation 13:5-8
Hi Keraz,
Wow! It's good to see a Christian doing his own personal study on Daniel and the books of Maccabees. One does need to verify that the prophecies concerning the 2300 days, the 1290 days, and for them that wait and come to the 1335 days, have been fulfilled.

Through Antiochus Epiphanes came "the abomination that maketh desolate" of the sanctuary, and then through Israel's prince at that time, Judas Maccabeus, who "cleansed/restored the sanctuary".

I perceive that you were able to line up the timing as best that you could, but that you were not satisfied with your conclusion in the math.
I also came to the same situation. However, here is how it came to me to solve that issue, but with the KJV only. Any other modern day version, will send you off your mark.

In Maccabees, the 1290 days, plus the 45 days (1335), are to be examined within the 2300 days. From there I did the math, but in conjunction with the intricate words of time, that is mentioned concerning each situation.

There are the details of time that should not be over looked or taken for granted, when assembling the people, events, and the time of place with each player. Once you begin searching in that manner, you will see it come together for you. Mind you, I was very careful of commentaries, and resigned myself strictly to KJV Proverbs 3:5 anf John 16:13.

You truly will have an adventure in the Lord with His reward, of Finally knowing the truth about that study, as well as the 70 weeks.

May God Bless,
Earburner

Reactions: Nancy and Cassandra

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Keraz,
Wow! It's good to see a Christian doing his own personal study on Daniel and the books of Maccabees. One does need to verify that the prophecies concerning the 2300 days, the 1290 days, and for them that wait and come to the 1335 days, have been fulfilled.
No; only the 2300 evenings and mornings have been fulfilled.
The 1260 days are from when the leader of the secular world desecrates the new Temple, 2 Thess 2:4, and the glorious Return of Jesus.
The 1290 days is 30 days past the Return and the 1335 is 75 days past the Return. They both fit with the fulfillment of special celebration days.
here is how it came to me to solve that issue, but with the KJV only. Any other modern day version, will send you off your mark.

In Maccabees, the 1290 days, plus the 45 days (1335), are to be examined within the 2300 days. From there I did the math, but in conjunction with the intricate words of time, that is mentioned concerning each situation.
This I disagree with, the 2300 evenings and mornings; = 1150 days, has nothing to do with end times events.
As for the KJV, I only refer to it, as I know people like you do and the difference can cause confusion.
Modern translations have used a far greater library of source material and are Written in the modern languages.

Commentaries on Bible prophecy are useless, in fact; worse than useless. They couldn't know the truth of the Prophetic Word. Matthew 11:25

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 1260 days are from when the leader of the secular world desecrates the new Temple, 2 Thess 2:4, and the glorious Return of Jesus.
The 1290 days is 30 days past the Return and the 1335 is 75 days past the Return. They both fit with the fulfillment of special celebration days
It appears that you are applying a formula different from what I had said.
Sorry to hear of your error. The evidence is you also have succumbed to the fictitious missing 70 week theory.
This I disagree with, the 2300 evenings and mornings; = 1150 days, has nothing to do with end times events.
I never said it had to do with end time events.
I am saying it was fulfilled at the end of the 1335 days with Judas Maccabeus. Surely you do know that, and you just had typo.

With an eight translation NT, I learned the hard way, and nearly lost both my mind and my salvation.
Never again. I no longer stray from the KJV.
One can't get truth from confusion.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What would be the purpose of the Temple?

Reactions: Cassandra

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Jews manage to build another temple, it will be theirs', not God's. The Bible makes it emphatically clear in Hebrews and other NT scriptures that God does not reside in temples made by human hands anymore. Furthermore, it will be next to impossible for the Jews to build a temple in Jerusalem when they basically have to share the area with the Muslims, and they definitely won't allow a Jewish temple to stand next to the Dome of the Rock. The people who talk about a literal temple being built never stop to think about these things.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What would be the purpose of the Temple?
Thats a question only God can answer. However; He has made it plain: He wanted a Temple in the past and He does not change.
If the Jews manage to build another temple, it will be theirs', not God's.
2 Thessalonians 2:4 says it will be God's Temple. Also Ezekiel 40 to 46 make that plain.

The new Temple won't be built by the Jewish State of Israel. They will be gone; Jeremiah 12:14, Zephaniah 1:1-18, +

This thread is to prove that the 2300 evenings and mornings of Daniel 8:14, were fulfilled in 164 BC.
Is it likely that those who make the 2300 days into years, or jam them into the final 7 years, will admit their error?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thats a question only God can answer. However; He has made it plain: He wanted a Temple in the past and He does not change.
do you mean they are going to build a temple and they don't know why/what its purpose is?

Reactions: Cassandra

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 1290 days is 30 days past the Return and the 1335 is 75 days past the Return. They both fit with the fulfillment of special celebration days.
In my previous post, I stated that it was evident that you had "succumbed to the fictitious missing 70 week theory."
Your statement above is that evidence, proving that you are still wanting in understanding of HOW to comprehend the 1290 + 45 = 1335 literal days, within the 2300 day period.

The complete fulfillment of the 2300 days came when the temple was cleansed/restored through God's chosen prince for Israel at that time, being Judas Maccabeus.
In 1 Maccabees 4:55, 58 they REJOICED at the time of the cleansing/restoration of the sanctuary.

Now, because you are still wanting on that, you still do not know that the 70th week was fulfilled in the Day of Pentecost, as revealed in the last sentence of Daniel 9:27. And for that, you best read it in the KJV, for if you don't, the foul Bible that you might be reading, will direct you to continue supporting your error about the 70th week.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
do you mean they are going to build a temple and they don't know why/what its purpose is?
The purpose and operation of the new Temple is fully given to us in Ezekiel 40 to 46.
you are still wanting in understanding of HOW to comprehend the 1290 + 45 = 1335 literal days, within the 2300 day period.
Am I not clear enough;
This thread is to prove that the 2300 evenings and mornings of Daniel 8:14, were fulfilled in 164 BC.
Now, because you are still wanting on that, you still do not know that the 70th week was fulfilled in the Day of Pentecost, as revealed in the last sentence of Daniel 9:27. And for that, you best read it in the KJV, for if you don't, the foul Bible that you might be reading, will direct you to continue supporting your error about the 70th week.
I believe the last 'week' of Daniels 70 'weeks' = 490 years. has not yet happened. It will be the final 7 years of this age, then Jesus will Return.
Re the KJV, it simply isn't accurate or very easily understood. It has many errors and bias of the translators in it.
Your denigration of modern translations is a bad mistake, we have far better Bibles today.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earburner said:
you are still wanting in understanding of HOW to comprehend the 1290 + 45 = 1335 literal days, within the 2300 day period.

Keraz replied:
Am I not clear enough;

Earburner's reply:
No, you are not. You are incomplete about
Daniel 12:11-12, which is God's reasoning, out of the entirety of the 2300 days.
Clue: focus on the 45 days (1335 minus 1290) and what it means elsewhere.

If you don't come to HIS understanding of what 12:11-12 symbolizes, you will NEVER understand anything about the 70th week as being already fulfilled, and HOW the last sentence of Daniel 9:27 PROVES IT.

For the 70 weeks, here is the simple formula:
Seven + threescore + two + one = Seventy weeks.

Now, go see only those verses that contain those numbers. Leave the other mathematics alone.
And, if you have NOT used the KJV only, then please do so. But if you don't, then you will remain prophetically crippled until you do!!

Last edited:

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Earburner said:

Keraz replied:
Am I not clear enough;

Earburner's reply:
No, you are not. You are incomplete about
Daniel 9:11-13, which is God's reasoning, out of the entirety of the 2300 days.
Clue: focus on the 45 days (1335 minus 1290) and what it means elsewhere.

If you don't come to HIS understanding of what 9:11-13 symbolizes, you will NEVER understand anything about the 70th week as being already fulfilled, and HOW the last sentence of verse 27 PROVES IT.

For the 70 weeks, here is the simple formula:
Seven + threescore + two + one = Seventy weeks.

Now, go see the verses that contain those numbers.
And, if you have NOT used the KJV only, then please do so. But if you don't, then you will remain prophetically crippled until you do!!

THE REAL INTERPRETATION OF THE WEEK 70TH - DANIEL 9:v.27 - THE LAST WEEK - ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION

Judah is conquered by Babylon - Jerusalem and First Temple destroyed; most Jews are exiled to Babylon.
587 - 559 B.C. - The conquer of Judah's kingdom by Babylon lasted from 587 - 559 B.C.,

559 B.C. - Babylon is conquered by Cyrus - Cyrus's reigns lasted from 559-538 B.C.
The rebuilding of the Temple of Jerusalem is authorized by Cyrus in his 1st year- 559 B.C - Ezra 5:v.13 and 6:v.3.

522 B.C. - Darius reigned from year 522-486 B.C.

Captivity of Israel lasted 70 years ---> 587 B.C.- 70 = 517 B.C.

Temple reconstruction ended in 516 B.C. - Ezra 6:v.15-CJB ou Jewish Torah - This house was finished on the third day of the month Adar, in the SIXTH year of the reign of Daryavesh (Darius) the king. Darius reigned from year 522-486 B.C.

First year of Darius 522 B.C.---> his sixth year - 516 B.C.
The rebuilding of the Temple finished after 21 years IN THE YEAR 516 B.C, part was built in the time of Cyrus, and part in the time of Darius.

Again: Captivity of Israel = 70 years, so 587 B.C. - 70 = 517 B.C.
End of the rebuilding of the Temple was in around 516 B.C. according to Scripture quoted above.- Ezra 6:v.15

7 weeks = 49 years-.---> 517 B.C. - 49 = 468 B.C.
62 weeks = 434 years..---> 468 B.C - 434 B.C = 34 B.C. Until this point 483 years or 69 weeks - 62 plus 7 weeks - of prophecy have fulfilled itself, i.e. from year 517 B.C. until year 34 B.C.. THIS IS REAL. THIS IS TRUER.

NOTE: Jesus was born around -4 B.C, so there was a gap of 30 years, from 34 B.C. until JESUS's birth in - 4B.C. The last week of years-7 years- that is the week 70th Daniel 9:v.27 stayed in suspense until this present time and manifestation of the Abomination of Desolation in the midst of the week and until the consumation, until the END of the Devil's world to which you belong, according the speech of your spirit.

Get ready.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:
In my recent post to "Keraz", I had to edit two scripture references in Daniel that were errors.
They now stand corrected as of: yesterday at 11:53pm
Thanks, Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE REAL INTERPRETATION OF THE WEEK 70TH - DANIEL 9:v.27 - THE LAST WEEK - ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION

Judah is conquered by Babylon - Jerusalem and First Temple destroyed; most Jews are exiled to Babylon.
587 - 559 B.C. - The conquer of Judah's kingdom by Babylon lasted from 587 - 559 B.C.,

559 B.C. - Babylon is conquered by Cyrus - Cyrus's reigns lasted from 559-538 B.C.
The rebuilding of the Temple of Jerusalem is authorized by Cyrus in his 1st year- 559 B.C - Ezra 5:v.13 and 6:v.3.

522 B.C. - Darius reigned from year 522-486 B.C.

Captivity of Israel lasted 70 years ---> 587 B.C.- 70 = 517 B.C.

Temple reconstruction ended in 516 B.C. - Ezra 6:v.15-CJB ou Jewish Torah - This house was finished on the third day of the month Adar, in the SIXTH year of the reign of Daryavesh (Darius) the king. Darius reigned from year 522-486 B.C.

First year of Darius 522 B.C.---> his sixth year - 516 B.C.
The rebuilding of the Temple finished after 21 years IN THE YEAR 516 B.C, part was built in the time of Cyrus, and part in the time of Darius.

Again: Captivity of Israel = 70 years, so 587 B.C. - 70 = 517 B.C.
End of the rebuilding of the Temple was in around 516 B.C. according to Scripture quoted above.- Ezra 6:v.15

7 weeks = 49 years-.---> 517 B.C. - 49 = 468 B.C.
62 weeks = 434 years..---> 468 B.C - 434 B.C = 34 B.C. Until this point 483 years or 69 weeks - 62 plus 7 weeks - of prophecy have fulfilled itself, i.e. from year 517 B.C. until year 34 B.C.. THIS IS REAL. THIS IS TRUER.

NOTE: Jesus was born around -4 B.C, so there was a gap of 30 years, from 34 B.C. until JESUS's birth in - 4B.C. The last week of years-7 years- that is the week 70th Daniel 9:v.27 stayed in suspense until this present time and manifestation of the Abomination of Desolation in the midst of the week and until the consumation, until the END of the Devil's world to which you belong, according the speech of your spirit.

Get ready.
And the issue is, why can't you find the 70th week, when it is plainly described in Daniel 9:27?

But, since you can't see it, you and all of "church-ianity" have resolved and fabricated a theory of science fiction, that God has moved the 70th week to the end of our time, and not at "the end" of Israel's preferential position by God.

Your mantra is prophetically crippled.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
the 70th week as being already fulfilled, and HOW the last sentence of Daniel 9:27 PROVES IT.
Daniel 9:27 is an unfulfilled prophecy.
Proved by there having been nothing like what is described happened yet.

The KJV is dedicated to the high and mighty King James. It is just another translation and is shown to be subject to error and bias. To rely on the KJV for all Bible truth, especially Prophecy, is a bad mistake.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The KJV is dedicated to the high and mighty King James. It is just another translation and is shown to be subject to error and bias. To rely on the KJV for all Bible truth, especially Prophecy, is a bad mistake.
Make no mistake here about "bias". Daniel 9:27 is the most crucial prophecy for all time.
Therefore do not treat it lightly, nor should you chance it to the many different versions and interpretations for confusion, with the recent newer bibles out there.
With God, there is "no safety in numbers".

In the KJV, are you aware that the differences of our belief, concerning the 70th week, whether it has been fulfilled, or it remains to be fulfilled, pivots on only one word in Daniel 9:27?

In other words, to be in error of its interpretation, means to achieve 100% failure on that part of prophecy, and then potentially fail on all other prophecy relating to it .
However, to be in truth of its interpretation, means to achieve 100% success on that part of prophecy, and then potentially succeed on all other prophecy relating to it.

Yes! KJV- Daniel 9:27
is that critical to understand.
In essence, it is THE PIVOT for all NT understanding.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the last several words or so, of Daniel 9:27, is a very powerful statement about "the promise" that was to come, and is alluded to in Daniel 12:12 concerning the 1335 days.
Remember- KJV only, otherwise the False bibles will prophetically cripple you, and send you off into the "tare's" Fantasy Land of science fiction.

Edit: And so I ask,
1. what was it, for detail, that was "determined" in Daniel 9:24, and
2. how was it applied/manifested to "the desolate" at the very end of verse 27?

And while we are at it,
3. in Daniel 12:12, how was one "blessed" for "waiting" the 45 days,
4. and who was it that didn't "cometh" aka make it to the 1335 [minus 1290] days?

KJV Answers:
1. John 17:4, John 19:30
2. Acts 10:45
3. Acts 1:4
4. Matthew 27:5

Note: don't forget that the KJV was translated from the Textus Receptus Greek text, AND NOT from the Westcott & Hort Greek text.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ In the above posts, I have provided unrefutable truth, verified by accurate scriptural documentation, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, that all of the 70 weeks, of the 70 week prophecy in Daniel, have been fulfilled to completion, in the Days of Pentecost, as revealed in Acts 2:1-21.

Therefore, for any church and/or denominational doctrine to speak otherwise, is a contrived and fabricated LIE.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Jews manage to build another temple, it will be theirs', not God's. The Bible makes it emphatically clear in Hebrews and other NT scriptures that God does not reside in temples made by human hands anymore. Furthermore, it will be next to impossible for the Jews to build a temple in Jerusalem when they basically have to share the area with the Muslims, and they definitely won't allow a Jewish temple to stand next to the Dome of the Rock. The people who talk about a literal temple being built never stop to think about these things.

The Temple Mount belongs to the Jews, I don't know how they ever let the Muslims claim it, Israel has the power they should've taken it back.