THE DESIRE OF YOUR HEART

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

What is the desire of your heart?

A few years ago my pastor friend asked me what was the desire of my heart and I hadn't got an answer. Yesterday morning as I opened my bible I knew that God is the desire of my heart; to be closer to him, to hear him, to love him more.

To be honest it was quite a revelation to me. I have always wanted to be closer to Him but yesterday those were the first words out of my mouth, even without thinking they just came out.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A few years ago my pastor friend asked me what was the desire of my heart and I hadn't got an answer. Yesterday morning as I opened my bible I knew that God is the desire of my heart; to be closer to him, to hear him, to love him more.

To be honest it was quite a revelation to me. I have always wanted to be closer to Him but yesterday those were the first words out of my mouth, even without thinking they just came out.
Sounds like you got it right. The desire of our hearts should be first love of God then love of our brothers and sisters.

God showed me a better life. My early years of life were selfish and hurtful to others. God has been changing my desires and course in life to be more caring and careful with others.

I still correct people on the forum when they put false doctrine out there, and that is because I care about the truth and that the truth has a place to be represented here. But that doesn't mean I don't care about others. But I do put God first.

When I was early on in Christianity I learned that I could pray that God change my will into his. And that has been a learning experience to say the least. I have come to a more loving, joyful and peaceful place in my heart.

I used to help homeless and as I helped them I learned that most of them are on heroine. And I realized that if I give them money then that money goes to drug dealers and career criminals who shoot and harass police and FBI. Not a wise choice for a Christian to make. But so many of us are doing it. Now I help family and that has been a blessing. I will still feed homeless if I see the chance. But it's 16F today and no homeless in site. Kinda peaceful really.

Cheers!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If the desire of our hearts is first to make heaven our home or first to live eternally rather than first to approach and embrace God, we may be sailing on troubled waters. A home in heaven and life eternal are rewards and should not be goals. If we fail to keep firsts things what will our reward be?

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No middle ground.
Your either heir or bond servant. Paul makes this clear in galatians chapter 4 .

Those in Bondage, are playing church. Listening to misguided preachers and traditions of men. They have Dead Works.
Essentially speaking, they are reprobates.

The heirs, are children of light, they repent, study sound doctrine and produce fruit for God. They have good Works.

James chapter 2 . Faith and works go together.
Reprobates have dead works.

Ask your self.

Which is group is of value ??

Who will obtain kingdom of God ??

Malachi chapter 3 to document.
Heirs are the obedient servants.
The bond servant are reprobates and wicked.

Jesus is coming 7th trump to clean house.

Heirs go to kingdom of God.
Reprobates and wicked to sheol.

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

When my friends asked me this question it was more to do with material things than spiritual and then as now no thing is my hearts desire, not even money or holidays and everything else the world holds dear.
No middle ground.
Your either heir or bond servant. Paul makes this clear in galatians chapter 4 .

Those in Bondage, are playing church. Listening to misguided preachers and traditions of men. They have Dead Works.

The heirs, are children of light, they repent, study sound doctrine and produce fruit for God. They have good Works.

Ask your self.

This reply is on the wrong thread. You've either made a mistake or done it deliberately to sabotage this thread.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No middle ground.

Ask your self.

Whenever someone proclaims their own righteousness while looking down on sinners I'm always reminded of the parable of the Tax collector and Pharisee:

Luke 18:9-14

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector​

9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be [a]humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

• Love
Reactions: Lambano and Pearl