The devil lies and deception

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The question was asked of me
You talk a lot about "lies" but you don't list any . . .
So lets point them out

Back in the beginning

Gen_3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Than

Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

See the pattern, how He deceives people even using scripture,

Back to question and an answer

“It's even more dangerous to reject Christ by rejecting his Church (Luke 10:16).”
Now whos church is the Bible speaking of and whose church is the poster speaking of?? See the deception. IF you don’t belong to our church you don’t belong to His church.

Laying stumbling blocks before man.

Has nothing to do with the posters church and everything to do with the Lords church.
Another one different poster, back to the bible.

1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
1Co 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

Than we get

“I'm not using this to promote anything but the truth.
The fact remains unequivocally that the Catholic Church declared the Canon of Scripture in the 4th century - and ALL Protestant versions are based on that one.”
Are any of you protestants, I know I certainly am not one, what ever happened to JW’s SDA’s and all the other religious denomination, here He has divided us the catholics and everyone else

And

“And so far - I've been able to back up everything I've said with Scripture and history - something YOU have failed at . . .”

Has he, no but scripture twisted around to make a lie a truth,

So now you can see how the devil works even

Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Once one start lying its hard to stop as Jesus said

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Lies:
So lets point them out

Back in the beginning

Gen_3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Technically, this isn't a lie; it's a question. If misquoting scripture is considered false, then Eve is the first to utter a lie in the bible with her first response to the Accuser. Eve is the first to not only change what God has said, but to add to what God has said. We all know what adding to God's word means; Adam, Eve, and the serpent are the first to test God's word.

heavenforbid

Feb 9, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
mjrhealth said:
So lets point them out

Back in the beginning

Than

Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Now whos church is the Bible speaking of and whose church is the poster speaking of?? See the deception. IF you don’t belong to our church you don’t belong to His church.

Has nothing to do with the posters church and everything to do with the Lords church.

1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Than we get

Are any of you protestants, I know I certainly am not one, what ever happened to JW’s SDA’s and all the other religious denomination, here He has divided us the catholics and everyone else

And

Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Please go on.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
So lets point them out

Back in the beginning

Than

Than we get

And

WOW.
What a nonsensical diatribe.

Since I am the one you are quoting and am the target of your gibberish - can you answer the original question I asked - which has ZERO to do with this thread??
I asked you in the other thread to list all of the lies from the Catholic Church that you were ranting on about. You kept mentioning them but you never produced any.

STILL waiting . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh you took teh time glad you did now you are without excuse. And keep up teh bold it just makes it worse.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Oh you took teh time glad you did now you are without excuse. And keep up teh bold it just makes it worse.
So, you have NO list??
That's what I thought.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well we can start with teh one that says your church is His church,than that Peter was the first pope,
about her infallibiltiy, all that child raping says otherwise as so does teh murder of christians Jews etc etc next you will tell me thats all lies, well im sorry but child raping is all over the news today, about how your church hid teh priests away from teh world, and what they know seemingly only goes back to 1954, and all her children are just like her, teh anglicans the protestants etc etc all found guilty of teh same, she truly must be a proud mother.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Well we can start with teh one that says your church is His church,than that Peter was the first pope,
about her infallibiltiy, all that child raping says otherwise as so does teh murder of christians Jews etc etc next you will tell me thats all lies, well im sorry but child raping is all over the news today, about how your church hid teh priests away from teh world, and what they know seemingly only goes back to 1954, and all her children are just like her, teh anglicans the protestants etc etc all found guilty of teh same, she truly must be a proud mother.
The behavior of a few priests is not Catholic teaching and therefore does not fall under the auspices of infallibility - any more than the pedophiles in your Protestant churhes is a reflection on their teachings. As for killings - should we explore the historical facts surrounding the murders of hundreds of thousands of Catholics by Protestants??

As for the Catholic Church being Christ's church - simple understanding of Scripture and history proves it.
NO Protestant sect can trace itself all the way back to the Apostles in an unbroken line of succession. Only the Catholic Church can do that. You can whine about it until the cows come home but you'll never be able to prove otherwise.

Your impotent little denials only go so far . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The behavior of a few priests is not Catholic teaching and therefore does not fall under the auspices of infallibility - any more than the pedophiles in your Protestant churhes is a reflection on their teachings. As for killings - should we explore the historical facts surrounding the murders of hundreds of thousands of Catholics by Protestants??
Did you know that a president is in charge of his defence force, and when any crime is commited he is responsible so your church as are all te hother demonination protestant or oher wise too are accountable, see i did it all without bold letters. So far I yet to se any one on this forum claiming to be a protestant, not one. More lies from you.

NO Protestant sect can trace itself all the way back to the Apostles in an unbroken line of succession. Only the Catholic Church can do that. You can whine about it until the cows come home but you'll never be able to prove otherwise.
Oh yes they can trace themslevs back to you as I said before

Rev_17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

They are all of teh same gene pool.

Only the Catholic Church can do that
Actaullay you cant that is why you are screaming louder, demanding we believe a lie, thats the devils work not the work of christians.

You can whine about it until the cows come home but you'll never be able to prove otherwise.
You have yourself, and so has history, but like the scientist with a theory he cant prove, you will deny all teh evidence because you simply dont want the truth

History speaks far louder than you can yell.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:

As for the Catholic Church being Christ's church - simple understanding of Scripture and history proves it.

Your impotent little denials only go so far . . .
Well it certainly is a black eye to the Catholic faith that there are a number of pedophiles and riff raff in the priesthood.

I think its terrible, but I have never held it against Catholics. Yet I long for the day when just one Catholic will apologize or at least say.... That's messed up and that ain't me.

No... We get, "well look at the Protestants!" not taking responsibility, just justifying their bad behavior.

As for the inqiusition... Same thing. If ONE catholic would ever admit the truth and ask forgiveness.... I would forgive the whole Catholic Church for child rape, homosexuality and religious persecution.

But lets get down to biz. The whole thing about Catholics having an unbroken line of succession is a total farce. Peter was mot the first pope. Nore was the line unbroken. In fact it was broken a few times.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since ones persons belief can't disprove another persons belief, you are all correct.
so than black is white??? Satan wil raise himself up above God, he certainly believes he will??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Did you know that a president is in charge of his defence force, and when any crime is commited he is responsible so your church as are all te hother demonination protestant or oher wise too are accountable, see i did it all without bold letters. So far I yet to se any one on this forum claiming to be a protestant, not one. More lies from you.

Oh yes they can trace themslevs back to you as I said before

Rev_17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

They are all of teh same gene pool.

Actaullay you cant that is why you are screaming louder, demanding we believe a lie, thats the devils work not the work of christians.

You have yourself, and so has history, but like the scientist with a theory he cant prove, you will deny all teh evidence because you simply dont want the truth

History speaks far louder than you can yell.
Would you mind rethinking and rewriting the sentence in RED?? It is confused gibberish and impossible to decipher.
I can't make head or tail of what you're trying to articulate.

As for their being none of your Protestant sect that can trace themselves back to the Apostles in an UNBROKEN LINE of succession - no, you haven't shown me anything. They ALL broke away from the Church. Not ONE of them or you can trace your beliefs back to the Apostles in an unbroken line of succession.

The Catholic Church s the ONLY Church that can - and I have proven it.
Do you want more proof??

Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch refers to the "Catholic Church" in his Letter to the Smyrnaeans at the turn of the 2nd century when St. John was still alive. He talks about the Holy Eucharist being the glorified Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus. He talks about following our Bishops as we would follow Christ.

What he doesn't mention are the Baptists or Methodists or Calvinists or "Non-denominational Evangelicals" or Anglicans - or ANY other Church or any of their man made traditions. He certainly doesn't mention "aggressivechristiany.net" or the "Generals" James and Deborah Green that YOU follow.

Finally - as to your last line that history speaking for itself - I think I just proved that . . .

Ignatius of [SIZE=10pt]Antioch[/SIZE]

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole EUCHARIST you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the CATHOLIC CHURCH (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 107]).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII said:
Well it certainly is a black eye to the Catholic faith that there are a number of pedophiles and riff raff in the priesthood.

I think its terrible, but I have never held it against Catholics. Yet I long for the day when just one Catholic will apologize or at least say.... That's messed up and that ain't me.

No... We get, "well look at the Protestants!" not taking responsibility, just justifying their bad behavior.

As for the inqiusition... Same thing. If ONE catholic would ever admit the truth and ask forgiveness.... I would forgive the whole Catholic Church for child rape, homosexuality and religious persecution.

But lets get down to biz. The whole thing about Catholics having an unbroken line of succession is a total farce. Peter was mot the first pope. Nore was the line unbroken. In fact it was broken a few times.
And this is a perfect example of dishonesty.
The Church has apologized up and down for the last 15 years. I don't see any Protestant sects doing that.

We have created a worldwide safe haven for children and have trained all those in ministries involving children about safety - and all have been fingerprinted, including myself. For YOU to say that "nobody" has apologized is an abominable LIE - especially for a person who claims to be a Christian. Bearing false witness is a direct violation of God's Commandments.

The statistics show a much greater molestation problem occurring in Protestant churches. Lawyers don't bother with it because there is no money in it due to the lack of insurance that most small Protestant churches carry.
Shame on you for your dishonesty . . .

As for the Inquisition - Do you even understand what it was all about?? Can you give me details?? Can you give me some round numbers??
Tell me - what apology is needed?? You probably know as little about the Inquisitions as you do the Crusades . . .

As to your final falsehood about there not being an unbroken line of succession in the Church - PROVE it.
Where was the line "broken"??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Catholic Church s the ONLY Church that can - and I have proven it.
Do you want more proof??
You have yet to offer any and we are all still waiting. As I have said b4, history speaks volumes of your church, but than you deny all that history because it doesnt suit you does it. Your pope is responsible for every one in his church and he is accountable for every deed misdeed and is judged so, since he usurped the throne and our Lords position.

Nice having you around keep this forum fired up.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
And this is a perfect example of dishonesty.
The Church has apologized up and down for the last 15 years. I don't see any Protestant sects doing that.

We have created a worldwide safe haven for children and have trained all those in ministries involving children about safety - and all have been fingerprinted, including myself. For YOU to say that "nobody" has apologized is an abominable LIE - especially for a person who claims to be a Christian. Bearing false witness is a direct violation of God's Commandments.

The statistics show a much greater molestation problem occurring in Protestant churches. Lawyers don't bother with it because there is no money in it due to the lack of insurance that most small Protestant churches carry.
Shame on you for your dishonesty . . .

As for the Inquisition - Do you even understand what it was all about?? Can you give me details?? Can you give me some round numbers??
Tell me - what apology is needed?? You probably know as little about the Inquisitions as you do the Crusades . . .

As to your final falsehood about there not being an unbroken line of succession in the Church - PROVE it.
Where was the line "broken"??

I should've clarified. I was speaking about Catholics on this and other message boards. Haven't heard one of them say it was wrong and that they are sorry it happened. You had a golden opportunity to do that and what did you do?

Well, you pointed your finger at the protestants, called me a liar, insinuated I was not a Christian and insinuated i didn't understand the inquisition. But thats ok. No harm done.

Who was Pope in 259 AD? Who was Pope in 306 AD?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
You have yet to offer any and we are all still waiting. As I have said b4, history speaks volumes of your church, but than you deny all that history because it doesnt suit you does it. Your pope is responsible for every one in his church and he is accountable for every deed misdeed and is judged so, since he usurped the throne and our Lords position.

Nice having you around keep this forum fired up.
Do you have a reading problem - or do you just like being dishonest.
Anybody who CAN read saw that I presented the following proof in my last post to you. As I stated earlier, this was written by a student of the Apostle John - while John was still alive:

Ignatius of [SIZE=10pt]Antioch[/SIZE]
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole EUCHARIST you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the CATHOLIC CHURCH (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 107]).

Now - respond to that . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII said:
I should've clarified. I was speaking about Catholics on this and other message boards. Haven't heard one of them say it was wrong and that they are sorry it happened. You had a golden opportunity to do that and what did you do?

Well, you pointed your finger at the protestants, called me a liar, insinuated I was not a Christian and insinuated i didn't understand the inquisition. But thats ok. No harm done.

Who was Pope in 259 AD? Who was Pope in 306 AD?
Why should I apologize for the actions of some renegade priests?? Should I expect YOU to apologize every time a Protestant sins?? Should i demand an apology from YOU every time a child is molested in a Protestant Church?

Your attitude is silly. The Church leadership has already apologized - ad nauseam.
How many apologies will it take before YOU consider the matter over??

As for the rest of your dishonest post:
When did I imply that you weren't a Christian??
When did I call you a "Liar"??
I think you're proving my point . . .

Finally - here is a comprehensive listing of the Popes - from Peter all the way down to Francis.
No unbroken line here . . .

1. St. Peter (32-67)
  2. St. Linus (67-76)
  3. St. Anacletus (Cletus) (76-88)
  4. St. Clement I (88-97)
  5. St. Evaristus (97-105)
  6. St. Alexander I (105-115)
  7. St. Sixtus I (115-125) Also called Xystus I
  8. St. Telesphorus (125-136)
  9. St. Hyginus (136-140)
  10. St. Pius I (140-155)
  11. St. Anicetus (155-166)
  12. St. Soter (166-175)
  13. St. Eleutherius (175-189)
  14. St. Victor I (189-199)
  15. St. Zephyrinus (199-217)
  16. St. Callistus I (217-22) Callistus and the following three popes were opposed by St. Hippolytus, antipope (217-236)
  17. St. Urban I (222-30)
  18. St. Pontain (230-35)
  19. St. Anterus (235-36)
  20. St. Fabian (236-50)
  21. St. Cornelius (251-53) Opposed by Novatian, antipope (251)
  22. St. Lucius I (253-54)
  23. St. Stephen I (254-257)
  24. St. Sixtus II (257-258)
  25. St. Dionysius (260-268)
  26. St. Felix I (269-274)
  27. St. Eutychian (275-283)
  28. St. Caius (283-296) Also called Gaius
  29. St. Marcellinus (296-304)
  30. St. Marcellus I (308-309)
  31. St. Eusebius (309 or 310)
  32. St. Miltiades (311-14)
  33. St. Sylvester I (314-35)
  34. St. Marcus (336)
  35. St. Julius I (337-52)
  36. Liberius (352-66) Opposed by Felix II, antipope (355-365)
  37. St. Damasus I (366-84) Opposed by Ursicinus, antipope (366-367)
  38. St. Siricius (384-99)
  39. St. Anastasius I (399-401)
  40. St. Innocent I (401-17)
  41. St. Zosimus (417-18)
  42. St. Boniface I (418-22) Opposed by Eulalius, antipope (418-419)
  43. St. Celestine I (422-32)
  44. St. Sixtus III (432-40)
  45. St. Leo I (the Great) (440-61)
  46. St. Hilarius (461-68)
  47. St. Simplicius (468-83)
  48. St. Felix III (II) (483-92)
  49. St. Gelasius I (492-96)
  50. Anastasius II (496-98)
  51. St. Symmachus (498-514) Opposed by Laurentius, antipope (498-501)
  52. St. Hormisdas (514-23)
  53. St. John I (523-26)
  54. St. Felix IV (III) (526-30)
  55. Boniface II (530-32) Opposed by Dioscorus, antipope (530)
  56. John II (533-35)
  57. St. Agapetus I (535-36) Also called Agapitus I
  58. St. Silverius (536-37)
  59. Vigilius (537-55)
  60. Pelagius I (556-61)
  61. John III (561-74)
  62. Benedict I (575-79)
  63. Pelagius II (579-90)
  64. St. Gregory I (the Great) (590-604)
  65. Sabinian (604-606)
  66. Boniface III (607)
  67. St. Boniface IV (608-15)
  68. St. Deusdedit (Adeodatus I) (615-18)
  69. Boniface V (619-25)
  70. Honorius I (625-38)
  71. Severinus (640)
  72. John IV (640-42)
  73. Theodore I (642-49)
  74. St. Martin I (649-55)
  75. St. Eugene I (655-57)
  76. St. Vitalian (657-72)
  77. Adeodatus (II) (672-76)
  78. Donus (676-78)
  79. St. Agatho (678-81)
  80. St. Leo II (682-83)
  81. St. Benedict II (684-85)
  82. John V (685-86)
  83. Conon (686-87)
  84. St. Sergius I (687-701) Opposed by Theodore and Paschal, antipopes (687)
  85. John VI (701-05)
  86. John VII (705-07)
  87. Sisinnius (708)
  88. Constantine (708-15)
  89. St. Gregory II (715-31)
  90. St. Gregory III (731-41)
  91. St. Zachary (741-52) Stephen II followed Zachary, but because he died before being consecrated, modern lists omit him
  92. Stephen II (III) (752-57)
  93. St. Paul I (757-67)
  94. Stephen III (IV) (767-72) Opposed by Constantine II (767) and Philip (768), antipopes(767)
  95. Adrian I (772-95)
  96. St. Leo III (795-816)
  97. Stephen IV (V) (816-17)
  98. St. Paschal I (817-24)
  99. Eugene II (824-27)
  100. Valentine (827)
  101. Gregory IV (827-44)
  102. Sergius II (844-47) Opposed by John, antipope
  103. St. Leo IV (847-55)
  104. Benedict III (855-58) Opposed by Anastasius, antipope (855)
  105. St. Nicholas I (the Great) (858-67)
  106. Adrian II (867-72)
  107. John VIII (872-82)
  108. Marinus I (882-84)
  109. St. Adrian III (884-85)
  110. Stephen V (VI) (885-91)
  111. Formosus (891-96)
  112. Boniface VI (896)
  113. Stephen VI (VII) (896-97)
  114. Romanus (897)
  115. Theodore II (897)
  116. John IX (898-900)
  117. Benedict IV (900-03)
  118. Leo V (903) Opposed by Christopher, antipope (903-904)
  119. Sergius III (904-11)
  120. Anastasius III (911-13)
  121. Lando (913-14)
  122. John X (914-28)
  123. Leo VI (928)
  124. Stephen VIII (929-31)
  125. John XI (931-35)
  126. Leo VII (936-39)
  127. Stephen IX (939-42)
  128. Marinus II (942-46)
  129. Agapetus II (946-55)
  130. John XII (955-63)
  131. Leo VIII (963-64)
  132. Benedict V (964)
  133. John XIII (965-72)
  134. Benedict VI (973-74)
  135. Benedict VII (974-83) Benedict and John XIV were opposed by Boniface VII, antipope (974; 984-985)
  136. John XIV (983-84)
  137. John XV (985-96)
  138. Gregory V (996-99) Opposed by John XVI, antipope (997-998)
  139. Sylvester II (999-1003)
  140. John XVII (1003)
  141. John XVIII (1003-09)
  142. Sergius IV (1009-12)
  143. Benedict VIII (1012-24) Opposed by Gregory, antipope (1012)
  144. John XIX (1024-32)
  145. Benedict IX (1032-45)
  146. Sylvester III (1045)
  147. Benedict IX (1045)
  148. Gregory VI (1045-46)
  149. Clement II (1046-47)
  150. Benedict IX (1047-48)
  151. Damasus II (1048)
  152. St. Leo IX (1049-54)
  153. Victor II (1055-57)
  154. Stephen X (1057-58)
  155. Nicholas II (1058-61) Opposed by Benedict X, antipope (1058)
  156. Alexander II (1061-73) Opposed by Honorius II, antipope (1061-1072)
  157. St. Gregory VII (1073-85) Gregory and the following three popes were opposed by Guibert ("Clement III"), antipope (1080-1100)
  158. Blessed Victor III (1086-87)
  159. Blessed Urban II (1088-99)
  160. Paschal II (1099-1118) Opposed by Theodoric (1100), Aleric (1102) and Maginulf ("Sylvester IV", 1105-1111), antipopes (1100)
  161. Gelasius II (1118-19) Opposed by Burdin ("Gregory VIII"), antipope (1118)
  162. Callistus II (1119-24)
  163. Honorius II (1124-30) Opposed by Celestine II, antipope (1124)
  164. Innocent II (1130-43) Opposed by Anacletus II (1130-1138) and Gregory Conti ("Victor IV")(1138), antipopes (1138)
  165. Celestine II (1143-44)
  166. Lucius II (1144-45)
  167. Blessed Eugene III (1145-53)
  168. Anastasius IV (1153-54)
  169. Adrian IV (1154-59)
  170. Alexander III (1159-81) Opposed by Octavius ("Victor IV") (1159-1164), Pascal III (1165-1168), Callistus III (1168-1177) and Innocent III (1178-1180), antipopes
  171. Lucius III (1181-85)
  172. Urban III (1185-87)
  173. Gregory VIII (1187)
  174. Clement III (1187-91)
  175. Celestine III (1191-98)
  176. Innocent III (1198-1216)
  177. Honorius III (1216-27)
  178. Gregory IX (1227-41)
  179. Celestine IV (1241)
  180. Innocent IV (1243-54)
  181. Alexander IV (1254-61)
  182. Urban IV (1261-64)
  183. Clement IV (1265-68)
  184. Blessed Gregory X (1271-76)
  185. Blessed Innocent V (1276)
  186. Adrian V (1276)
  187. John XXI (1276-77)
  188. Nicholas III (1277-80)
  189. Martin IV (1281-85)
  190. Honorius IV (1285-87)
  191. Nicholas IV (1288-92)
  192. St. Celestine V (1294)
  193. Boniface VIII (1294-1303)
  194. Blessed Benedict XI (1303-04)
  195. Clement V (1305-14)
  196. John XXII (1316-34) Opposed by Nicholas V, antipope (1328-1330)
  197. Benedict XII (1334-42)
  198. Clement VI (1342-52)
  199. Innocent VI (1352-62)
  200. Blessed Urban V (1362-70)
  201. Gregory XI (1370-78)
  202. Urban VI (1378-89) Opposed by Robert of Geneva ("Clement VII"), antipope (1378-1394)
  203. Boniface IX (1389-1404) Opposed by Robert of Geneva ("Clement VII") (1378-1394), Pedro de Luna ("Benedict XIII") (1394-1417) and Baldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415),antipopes
  204. Innocent VII (1404-06) Opposed by Pedro de Luna ("Benedict XIII") (1394-1417) andBaldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415), antipopes
  205. Gregory XII (1406-15) Opposed by Pedro de Luna ("Benedict XIII") (1394-1417), Baldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415), and Pietro Philarghi ("Alexander V") (1409-1410), antipopes
  206. Martin V (1417-31)
  207. Eugene IV (1431-47) Opposed by Amadeus of Savoy ("Felix V"), antipope (1439-1449)
  208. Nicholas V (1447-55)
  209. Callistus III (1455-58)
  210. Pius II (1458-64)
  211. Paul II (1464-71)
  212. Sixtus IV (1471-84)
  213. Innocent VIII (1484-92)
  214. Alexander VI (1492-1503)
  215. Pius III (1503)
  216. Julius II (1503-13)
  217. Leo X (1513-21)
  218. Adrian VI (1522-23)
  219. Clement VII (1523-34)