The difference in churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess we have to take the Bible one verse at a time to build a true church!

One cant take our sacred texts and reverse engineer the Church. It is a community that has been around for 2000 years..

'a city on a hill cannot be hid'

Pax et Bonum
Pax et Bonum

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith's,
bot attitude made me do it.
I searched catholic sexual abuse.
5100 cases of priests sexual abuse.
1700 still active under limited or no supervision to prevent more abuses.
500 maybe more that the church doesn't carry any record of disciplinary action for.

They get Excommunicated?
5 priests were Excommunicated for religious activities outside the church, but not sexual abuse.

But it gets richer.
132 BISHOPS indicted on sexual abuse,
42 for using their office to force sex on those over 18 years of age.
90 for sexually abusing minors

Bishops don't err? Yeah right.

But

Cardinal T. M. indicted on sexual abuses, his management of of sexual abuse allegations was solely to protect the image of the church. This protecting of church allowed incredible abuses to proliferate.

I qouted the post because I know BOT denial is coming.

1 cardinal
132 Bishops
OF the infallible GOD ordered order that, were not infallible? Only happened in earthly things? Right.
5100 priests put only 5 recorded Excommunications, but only for religious activities outside the church.

This from the infallible council of Bishops that we cannot question no matter how un Godly their Spiritual direction is!

I have only begun to dig.
Theefaith of the robot like responses,
Made me do it

Alfredthefifth

you overlook the automatic excommunication!

and no one said bishops are infallible

nor impeccable

Call no man father / abuse

The union Christ and His holy church or the unity of the holy church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles is such that it cannot be harmed by the sins of men!

Automatic excommunication is incured upon the exercise of the intellect and will to teach error or Hersey or to commit grave sin! Men are sinners, with a sin nature and free will, but we should choose that which is good and holy! Rom 6:13

So the bride is spotless and without blemish!

The members of Christ in communion with God and each other are in a state of sanctifying grace!

We deplore the sins and outrages of abuse, most of which is done by homo’s on young boys, in any group especially those calling themselves Christian, the communists began infiltration in the seminary’s in the 30’s and the modernist’s and homo’s in the 60’s and 70’s

This is a symptom of error and Hersey
Modernism or theological liberalism, of the modern apostasy and nowhere does the true church teach anyone to do these things, nor do the Protestant sects which have the same issues! And we don’t blame the Protestant sects or leaders!

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One cant take our sacred texts and reverse engineer the Church. It is a community that has been around for 2000 years..

Pax et Bonum
Pax et Bonum

Taking one verse at a time completely out of context. Will let you build almost anything you can think of.
You can argue this all you want.
It is to many years since I have done the exercise. But in picking verses you can prove incontrovertibly that God is a chicken.
IT IS IN VERSE and context means nothing! ISN'T THAT CORRECT! Context? What context?

"One cannot take our sacred texts and reverse engineer a church!"

Without the context of a chapter and the book that the chapter is in. You can engineer bits and pieces into anything man can imagine.

Which is what @theefaith is doing with the 1001 versses, where rarely are verse 1, 2 and 3 are in order.

If the Bishops are infallible in faith how can they be so fallible in life?

Automatic Excommunication for sexual assaults, that is what theefaith says. But there is no evidence of one Excommunication for sexual assaults. 5100 priests involved and it is Only five for priests? Not for sexual assaults but doing church type activities that a Bishop objected to. If anything this proves the joke of the claim to automatic Excommunication!

Thats all good one verse fixes it!
Even though chapters show the error.
One verse or two and not in context fixes it!
If that isn't reverse engineering? Maybe it is perverse engineering,
Why perverse engineering?
Because you can pervert into anything with verses totally out of context with what is written around it.

Alfredthefifth

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taking one verse at a time completely out of context. Will let you build almost anything you can think of.
You can argue this all you want.
It is to many years since I have done the exercise. But in picking verses you can prove incontrovertibly that God is a chicken.
IT IS IN VERSE and context means nothing! ISN'T THAT CORRECT! Context? What context?

"One cannot take our sacred texts and reverse engineer a church!"

Without the context of a chapter and the book that the chapter is in. You can engineer bits and pieces into anything man can imagine.

Which is what @theefaith is doing with the 1001 versses, where rarely are verse 1, 2 and 3 are in order.

If the Bishops are infallible in faith how can they be so fallible in life?

Automatic Excommunication for sexual assaults, that is what theefaith says. But there is no evidence of one Excommunication for sexual assaults. 5100 priests involved and it is Only five for priests? Not for sexual assaults but doing church type activities that a Bishop objected to. If anything this proves the joke of the claim to automatic Excommunication!

Thats all good one verse fixes it!
Even though chapters show the error.
One verse or two and not in context fixes it!
If that isn't reverse engineering? Maybe it is perverse engineering,
Why perverse engineering?
Because you can pervert into anything with verses totally out of context with what is written around it.

Alfredthefifth

All scripture is Inspired the word of God context is the tradition of men!

the Bible out of context is catholic but with the magic of context it becomes Protestant!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pax et Bonum
Pax et Bonum
When the leaders of any church , no matter what it claims to be , are deadly and false then know and understand
it aint the church . I have examined many popes . Not all , but many of them and they were not just misled
THEY WAS FALSE . How can that be and worse why would folks cotinue under such men .
That is the problem with many within the catholic as well as the protestant realm .
THEY will sit under teachers of the denomination of their choice , EVEN WHEN THOSE LEADERS ARE FALSE .
No sir . This will not do . Folks act like churches cannot become corrupted . Yet i have seen even some
that started out right end up so tainted by doctrines of men they no longer even resemble the church they claim to be .
THAT MY FRIEND is THE PROBLEM . AND the only way one is gonna know how the church should be and not rather what its leaders
tell them is , IS LEARN THY BIBLE FOR YOURSELF . But no , most programmed folks will simply continue on in the path they are on
and make the claim their church is the CHURCH . I am telling us all , CHRISTENDOM ITS VERYSELF in large has tanked .
And i dont say that lightly either . ITS a madhouse . TIME TO OPEN those bibles and FIND OUT if one truly is
FOLLOWING THAT JESUS and THOSE APOSTELS . cause too many are making the claim they do , AND THEY HAVE STRAYED HUGE from
the original doctrine that was once long ago delivered unto the saints . Folks are making their bed with a harlot .
And out of great love i must warn the peoples .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All scripture is Inspired the word of God context is the tradition of men!

the Bible out of context is catholic but with the magic of context it becomes Protestant!
The problem is not with the bible . ITS with man , its with men . WHOM claim YE must take it in context , YET THE CONTEXT
of what they bring is clearly NOT IN LINE with what was even written . THAT IS THA PROBLEM
and THE CC has been guilty of this for centuries and the protestant realm is in dire danger itself .
TIME to examine to SEE IF WE REALLY DO walk in the TRUE FAITH that was once delivered unto the saints .
TIME to examine if we really do FOLLOW CHRIST and not men who taught another version of Christ and not men who teach contrary
to HIM or the apostles in that bible . TOO MANY are making TOO MANY CLIAMS THEY ARE THE ONE TRUE CHURCH
WHO DO FOLLOW THE ONE TRUE JESUS and DO FOLLOW THE TRUE APOSTELS , YET THEY and THEIR DOCTRINES are FALLING WAY
SHORT of those claims .
TIME to examine for ourselves . OR you aint and anyone else who wont do this , WONT MAKE IT .
We cannot follow men no matter if they do cliam WE are the church . Dont matter who says it . ALL MUST BE TESETED
and by tested i dont mean FOLLOW and HEED how they twist scrips to you , I MEAN LEARN FOR YOURSELF .
CRY ALOUD TO GOD , HE IS FULL OF MERCY and FULL OF COMPASSION and no matter what error one was in
IF THEY cry unto the LORD , HE WILL HEAR THEM FROM HEAVEN and HE WILL LEAD THEM OUT of any lie
and far from error and the path will become so clear and so simple as one truly now follows CHRIST .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is not with the bible . ITS with man , its with men . WHOM claim YE must take it in context , YET THE CONTEXT
of what they bring is clearly NOT IN LINE with what was even written . THAT IS THA PROBLEM
and THE CC has been guilty of this for centuries and the protestant realm is in dire danger itself .
TIME to examine to SEE IF WE REALLY DO walk in the TRUE FAITH that was once delivered unto the saints .
TIME to examine if we really do FOLLOW CHRIST and not men who taught another version of Christ and not men who teach contrary
to HIM or the apostles in that bible . TOO MANY are making TOO MANY CLIAMS THEY ARE THE ONE TRUE CHURCH
WHO DO FOLLOW THE ONE TRUE JESUS and DO FOLLOW THE TRUE APOSTELS , YET THEY and THEIR DOCTRINES are FALLING WAY
SHORT of those claims .
TIME to examine for ourselves . OR you aint and anyone else who wont do this , WONT MAKE IT .
We cannot follow men no matter if they do cliam WE are the church . Dont matter who says it . ALL MUST BE TESETED
and by tested i dont mean FOLLOW and HEED how they twist scrips to you , I MEAN LEARN FOR YOURSELF .
CRY ALOUD TO GOD , HE IS FULL OF MERCY and FULL OF COMPASSION and no matter what error one was in
IF THEY cry unto the LORD , HE WILL HEAR THEM FROM HEAVEN and HE WILL LEAD THEM OUT of any lie
and far from error and the path will become so clear and so simple as one truly now follows CHRIST .
Well said !

Reactions: amigo de christo

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well said !

You think? He basically said he himself is the judge of who or what is true.

What happened to 'the pillar and foundation of the Truth' ?

Do you think just anyone can take our sacred texts and declare themselves competant to judge us?

The Church is a community established by Christ, through the apostles.

Where is the 2000 year old apostolic community that teaches such nonsense?

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think? He basically said he himself is the judge of who or what is true.

What happened to 'the pillar and foundation of the Truth' ?

Do you think just anyone can take our sacred texts and declare themselves competant to judge us?

The Church is a community established by Christ, through the apostles.

Where is the 2000 year old apostolic community that teaches such nonsense?

Pax et Bonum
I can like a post and not agree with everything in the post .

Reactions: Philip James