The dolphin sleeps with half its brain, at a time. Q: What is it thinking is Evolution, when its been asleep two different ways? (Discuss.)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So yes I got an absolute pearler of a question, for you:
What is the dolphin thinking is Evolution, when its been asleep two different ways?
I mean there has to be a focus, right? If all a dolphin is is 'evolved', then its evolution is going to vary depending on which half has been asleep, in which way? There is no denying this makes sense, dolphins have a brain as big as mankind's - the question is what selection pressure decides that Evolution is Evolution. To the dolphin - in principle - its all the same thing. But if its the same thing, then its not going to be able to rest on it - because what it rests on needs to agree with which half of their brain keeps it in mind. You can't rest on it thinking Evolution works one way and then resting a completely different way, for no reason at all (other than that the dolphin still needs a complete sleep) - because when it wakes up, if it hasn't done it consistently, what it means will come to be more varied (not less).

I don't know, you might want to kick this idea around - it's definitely hard to get your head around! My thinking is that the dolphin just sleeps on the idea that Evolution only exists in people's imaginations. Evolution being more imaginative one way, and then consistently imaginative another agrees nicely with the fact that the dolphin's brain interacts with imagination when its time to wake up. Let me know what you think, I'm super excited to see what you guys post!

God bless.

(I haven't even asked how the dolphin's brain would evolve the ability to sleep one half at a time, because you need the whole dolphin, before a part of it can sleep?)

Reactions: BeyondET

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So yes I got an absolute pearler of a question, for you: I mean there has to be a focus, right? If all a dolphin is is 'evolved', then its evolution is going to vary depending on which half has been asleep, in which way? There is no denying this makes sense, dolphins have a brain as big as mankind's - the question is what selection pressure decides that Evolution is Evolution. To the dolphin - in principle - its all the same thing. But if its the same thing, then its not going to be able to rest on it - because what it rests on needs to agree with which half of their brain keeps it in mind. You can't rest on it thinking Evolution works one way and then resting a completely different way, for no reason at all (other than that the dolphin still needs a complete sleep) - because when it wakes up, if it hasn't done it consistently, what it means will come to be more varied (not less).

I don't know, you might want to kick this idea around - it's definitely hard to get your head around! My thinking is that the dolphin just sleeps on the idea that Evolution only exists in people's imaginations. Evolution being more imaginative one way, and then consistently imaginative another agrees nicely with the fact that the dolphin's brain interacts with imagination when its time to wake up. Let me know what you think, I'm super excited to see what you guys post!

God bless.

(I haven't even asked how the dolphin's brain would evolve the ability to sleep one half at a time, because you need the whole dolphin, before a part of it can sleep?)
Yea there's odd things about life.

Man is 50% alien, walking ecosystems. Half the life in and on doesn't belong to the human body.

Even the part that is human, like muscle stem cells can live up to 17 days after death of the human, what ever that means some freaky stuff life is.

As long as the calcium rocks in each ear keeps me balanced no rock slides when i turn my head and look it's ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess the question is "how are two equally valid Evolutions, decided?"

With the flip of a coin?

That's not scientific at all!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're missing out, mate - the world is not ready to hear "the whole truth".

Jesus spoke in parables, do you think He would just call people liars to their face and move on?

When people claim to have the ' truth ' they need to be shown how they are wrong and what the truth is.