THE DREADFUL DILEMMA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Every man ever born is only three steps from one of two eternal destinies for their soul!

(1) The Dreadful Dilemma
(2) The Deadly Deception
(3) The Dependable Deliverer

Read my testimony - My "Walk" Down the Romans Road which took me 39 years!

Follow-up - I frequently share the Gospel with people and begin by asking them where they would be tomorrow if they died tonight? A few say "I don't know," or "I'm not sure." Most however tell me that they think they will probably (emphasize "probably") be in Heaven. When I ask them why they believe this, the most common response is "I'm a good person most of the time." "I do more good deeds than bad." I explain that only One Person did a good work that would get us into Heaven and His Name is Jesus Christ. Then I explain the Gospel to them (if they will remain to listen, which some do not). The other answer I hear frequently is "Sure, I believe in Jesus, so I think I am okay." When I ask them if they have experienced a radical change in their life when they believed in Jesus, most do not understand what I am asking. They just assume that they have always believed in Jesus. They may have walked an aisle, made a "decision," prayed a prayer to receive Jesus into their heart, but there has been not significant change in their life. They don't have much interest in reading the Bible or talking about spiritual matters. It is particularly this last group that greatly concerns me. I am not their judge, but when I don't hear any 2Cor 5:17+ testimony that says "if anyone is in Christ, he is a new (kainos - brand new, never existed before) creature; the old things passed away; behold, new (kainos) things have come." Is Paul saying that this new creature in Christ is not sinless? Of course not! But he is saying that he or she will sin LESS! All genuine believers still sin, but that is not the habit of their lives. The new life is not about perfection, but it is about direction (and affection). And so for those who say they believe in Jesus (profess faith) but give no evidence of fruit (do not possess faith evidenced by fruit), there is a tragic possibility that they are deceived into thinking they have a "fire insurance policy," when in fact they do not! The call is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved (Acts 16:31+). The road to heaven is narrow and few are those who enter it. The road to Hell is broad (and "paved with good intentions") and many are those who enter it and the saddest group of all will be those who were self-deceived, thinking that they were "okay" with God. They will receive the shock of their life! To them Jesus sounds a strong, clear warning...

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ (PROFESSORS) will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does (present tense = as the habit of your life - POSSESSORS OF THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, WHO ENABLES "DOING") the will of My Father Who is in heaven will enter. 22 “Many (NOT "FEW" BUT "MANY" - cf Mt 7:13-14+) will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never (GREEK = ABSOLUTE NEGATION) knew you (cf Ps 1:6+); DEPART (aorist imperative - Do it now! Do not delay!) FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE (present tense = as the habit of your life) LAWLESSNESS (= sin - cf 1Jn 3:4+).’ (Mt 7:21-23+)

THE DREADFUL DILEMMA

">
GOD'S WORD DESCRIBING
OUR NEED FOR AND
THE WAY OF SALVATION
BEFORE CHRIST

Eph 2:1,2+
Ro 3:10-+
Ps 14:1,2,3+
Isa 53:6+
Ro 6:23+
Gal 3:22NLT+

Ro 5:12NLT+
Isa 59:2
Ro 3:23+
Ezekiel 18:4NLT
John 3:3, 3:36+
Acts 4:12+
Acts 16:31+

AFTER CHRIST
Jn 17:3
Jn 20:31
Ro 1:16+
Jn 1:12NLT+
Jn 1:13NLT+
1Jn 5:10,11, 12, 13+

Indeed, there is "not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins." (Ecclesiastes 7:20)

SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS arises partly from pride but mainly from ignorance of God's Law. It is because men know little or nothing concerning the terrible character of the divine Law, that they foolishly imagine themselves to be righteous. They are not aware of the deep spirituality, and the stern severity of the Law, or they would have other and wiser notions. Once let them know how strictly the Law deals with the thoughts, how it brings itself to bear upon every emotion of the inner man, and there is not one creature beneath God's heaven who would dare to think himself righteous in God's sight in virtue of his own deeds and thoughts. Only let the Law be revealed to a man; let him know how strict the Law is, and how infinitely just, and his self-righteousness will shrivel into nothing—it will become a filthy rag in his sight, whereas before he thought it to be a goodly garment. (From Secret Sins by C H Spurgeon)

You can have a personal relationship with Jesus.

THE DEADLY DECEPTION

Ge 2:17
Jas 2:10+
Col 2:13+
Ro 3:11-18+
Gal 3:22NLT+ Not by Good Works
Titus 3:3 4 5 6+
2Ti 1:9NLT+
Ro 3:20+
Ro 3:28+
Ro 4:5+ For Good Works
Eph 2:8, 9+
Eph 2:10+
Mt 5:16+
Every one of them has turned aside.
Together they have become corrupt.
There is no one who does good, not even one .
(Psalm 53:3+, cp Gal 6:7+, Gal 6:8+)

How Do You Get to Heaven? This question will bring a variety of answers. A confusion of views is evident in the following sampling of opinions gathered for the Radio Bible Class program ‘Sounds of the Times’:

“God wouldn’t send you to hell.” (New York)
“I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.” (Boston)
“You have to believe in God.” (Miami)
“There is nothing I can do about it.” (New York)
“I don’t dare say that I know I’m going.” (Los Angeles)
“Keep the Ten Commandments.” (San Francisco)
“How I live my life...being kind to other people.” (Boston)
“Jesus gave His life for my salvation.” (Los Angeles)
“I couldn’t care less.” (Boston)
“Be a good person.” (Gainesville)
“I feel I’d go to hell.” (San Francisco)