The Drink Offering

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

manichunter

Jun 2, 2008
How do I sacrifice myself as a drink offering for others? Paul often told people to follow his example as he imitated Jesus. Hence, Paul gave himself as a drink offering as well as the rest of the torah offerings. How?Php 2:17 -Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. 2Ti 4:6 - For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 1Co 11:1 - Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. 1 Co 4:16, 17 16Therefore I urge you, imitate me. 17For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church. Paul imitated the sacrificial offering system as stated by these Scriptures, and he taught others to do the same in their manner of conduct. How? What did the animals being sacrifice represent? What was a drink offering in the first place? Why has the general and mass body of believers not known this before? Why is it not taught today?