The Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men do not believe God made the heavens and the earth. If they believed that they wouldn't struggle over man destroying the earth. They are afraid of losing the earth and try to protect against the philosophies of destruction.

What God creates man cannot destroy!

There would be a strong pull in those that seem to think they have some kind of control over the earth, a little god syndrome if you will. We thought the end was near when the swallows didn't return to San Juan Capistrano because of urban development. So the swallows just loaded up and found a swamp a few miles away and were just as happy.

God said; I destoyed the earth once and I won't do it again. So Christians can relax and enjoy what God has created and reject the man made fury of destruction. If man could destroy the earth, they would have done it along time ago. Now we should have a feeling for the earth because we are in it, but the point of showing how man can take a simple thing such as a woot owl living in a tree that is to be cut down and make the issue of all of the ecosystem shutting down is the foolishness of man to be in total control.

For some, they really don't believe Christ was made unto them righteousness. We base that on their still working on their righteousness. Trying to please God by some kind of doing. We don't do to please God, we are doer's because we fall in love with the Christ in us, and allow him total freedom of expression through you. We are not givers to get, we give because we love God and have a heart for all of creation. He is your father and he will take care of you reguardless of your giving or not. God does bless giving, but at the same time he know me, he knows my heart, my motives.

My growth is more important to my father than accumulating wealth. We have the scriptures to go by when we don't know what to do, trust your father in the good times and the bad. This world is a schoolhouse, the world was created to bring forth sons, and it will do according to it's purpose.

B

brakelite

We must be faithful stewards of the gifts of creation that God had given us.
KJV Revelation 11
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Reactions: soul man

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men do not believe God made the heavens and the earth. If they believed that they wouldn't struggle over man destroying the earth. They are afraid of losing the earth and try to protect against the philosophies of destruction.

What God creates man cannot destroy!

There would be a strong pull in those that seem to think they have some kind of control over the earth, a little god syndrome if you will. We thought the end was near when the swallows didn't return to San Juan Capistrano because of urban development. So the swallows just loaded up and found a swamp a few miles away and were just as happy.

God said; I destoyed the earth once and I won't do it again.
By water. . . .
So Christians can relax and enjoy what God has created and reject the man made fury of destruction. If man could destroy the earth, they would have done it along time ago. Now we should have a feeling for the earth because we are in it, but the point of showing how man can take a simple thing such as a woot owl living in a tree that is to be cut down and make the issue of all of the ecosystem shutting down is the foolishness of man to be in total control.

For some, they really don't believe Christ was made unto them righteousness. We base that on their still working on their righteousness. Trying to please God by some kind of doing. We don't do to please God, we are doer's because we fall in love with the Christ in us, and allow him total freedom of expression through you. We are not givers to get, we give because we love God and have a heart for all of creation. He is your father and he will take care of you reguardless of your giving or not. God does bless giving, but at the same time he know me, he knows my heart, my motives.
If we choose not to have indoor plumbing and relieve ourselves on the floors of our houses, we shouldn't expect God to clean up things for us.

My growth is more important to my father than accumulating wealth. We have the scriptures to go by when we don't know what to do, trust your father in the good times and the bad. This world is a schoolhouse, the world was created to bring forth sons, and it will do according to it's purpose.
You seem to forget that God gave dominion over the earth to man.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So Christians can relax and enjoy what God has created and reject the man made fury of destruction. If man could destroy the earth, they would have done it along time ago.
Not true, while I'm not a tree hugger, we need to be responcible stewards of the earths resources.
Just as we should be caefull stewards of what God has given us, so we can give generously to others so we should encourage responcible use of resources. Things like turning the air con down, walking rather than driving etc etc

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true, while I'm not a tree hugger, we need to be responcible stewards of the earths resources.
Just as we should be caefull stewards of what God has given us, so we can give generously to others so we should encourage responcible use of resources. Things like turning the air con down, walking rather than driving etc etc

Who said anything about not being responsible

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must be faithful stewards of the gifts of creation that God had given us.
KJV Revelation 11
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
Stewards, YES!
Caretakers, NO!

Be careful that you don't fall for the subtile benevolence of satan. He has every intention of saving his ONLY place of residence.
He is busy at work getting anyone and everyone to join him to fight against Christ when He returns in the fulness of His Glory!
Satan's clarion call is "Save The Earth", when all the while he knows that Jesus will destroy it.
2 Peter 2:3[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Are you "looking for and hasting" to that Day of God, or will you be signed up through satan, by the "mark of the beast", ready to defend it?

B

brakelite

It is true that the surface of this planet and everything upon it is going to be destroyed. All the weapons of war... The chemical arsenals... The nuclear radioactive poisons... The pollutants of agriculture and industry... Everything will be burned up and turned to ashes. That's the good news. The bad news is that along with the rubbish, there will be a vast amount of God's beautiful creation destroyed also... The myriad of animal, bird, and fish life, reptiles and insects, plants and trees, shrubs and flowers, fruit and vegetables. A sad end to what could have been a glorious existence, all destined to destruction because of our sin. Is that something we should look forward to and exalt in? No. Even now the animal world is passing away. Entire species are doing out as we speak. Perhaps that is a merciful end for the innocent before the end comes.
We should not glory in this. Look forward to the second coming indeed, but not for the sake of indulging ourselves in seeing the destruction of God creation. Nor should we gloat at the impending destruction of sinners. They also are a part of the creation of God. I cringe at Christians who fantasise the end of the world and exalt the horrors and terrors that are to come. The world being thrown out of orbit, reeling to and fro like a drunkard, should not excite us. Such was never God's original plan... It is man's fault alone that the world is coming to this... It is not a particularly happy scene to contemplate.
So should we be members of Greenpeace and stall the inevitable? It doesn't should we use everything we can lay our hands on before someone else gets it or before God takes it away? Somehow, I think there's a balance in the somewhere. I see no harm in conservation...I see no harm in learning now what will inevitably be essential in the new earth... Tenderly caring for the environment with love and devotion as befitting the trust and the priceless privileges we shall soon be graciously endowed with. This does not make us eco warriors... He who is faithful in a little shall be faithful also in much.

B

brakelite

Have you ever tried it?

Has anyone been to the California redwoods?

Stepping out of the car in the middle of the redwood forest is like walking into another universe of peace and calm and beauty!

Much love!
Never been there but love the photos. I love the forest. I live now on the edge of a national Forest Park... Mostly eucalypts. In my home country we had thousands of acres of majestic Kauri trees milled for building... There are some individual remnant here and there... Majestic they are
Google Image Result for https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/08/8e/d8/tane-mahuta-waipoua-forest.jpg

Reactions: soul man and marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God said; I destroyed the earth once and I won't do it again.
That was in relation to water (another worldwide catastrophic Flood). But God did not mention supernatural fire at that time. The next judgment will be by fire, and even more devastating, since it will include both the earth and its atmosphere.

The Western world has gone from one extreme to the other. Until the 20th century there was total irresponsibility regarding natural resources and habitats. Now it is the other extreme, where foolish ideas about preserving the earth are being promoted (by the globalist elites, who are exempt from using bicycles or avoiding private jets). But for countries like China, India, and Russia, etc. all this business is sheer nonsense. They are probably the worst polluters, and no one can do anything about that.

For Christians, the earth cannot become a goddess, but at the same time Christians are to be good stewards. What is more critical for Christians is the fate of human souls which face an eternity without Christ. The Gospel must be preached in all the world and to every creature. And then cometh the end.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever tried it?

Has anyone been to the California redwoods?

Stepping out of the car in the middle of the redwood forest is like walking into another universe of peace and calm and beauty!

Much love!

My arms cannot reach round a californian redwood !

I preferr the experience of slogging up a hill, in the uk read mountain.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My arms cannot reach round a californian redwood !

I preferr the experience of slogging up a hill, in the uk read mountain.
I'll take anything, if it's nature! I've had my fill of steel and concrete!

much love!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was in relation to water (another worldwide catastrophic Flood). But God did not mention supernatural fire at that time. The next judgment will be by fire, and even more devastating, since it will include both the earth and its atmosphere.

The Western world has gone from one extreme to the other. Until the 20th century there was total irresponsibility regarding natural resources and habitats. Now it is the other extreme, where foolish ideas about preserving the earth are being promoted (by the globalist elites, who are exempt from using bicycles or avoiding private jets). But for countries like China, India, and Russia, etc. all this business is sheer nonsense. They are probably the worst polluters, and no one can do anything about that.

For Christians, the earth cannot become a goddess, but at the same time Christians are to be good stewards. What is more critical for Christians is the fate of human souls which face an eternity without Christ. The Gospel must be preached in all the world and to every creature. And then cometh the end.

Yes the day will come