The eternal gospel (everlasting gospel)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been referring to the eternal gospel in my posts, but that's a misnomer in regard to scripture, which calls it the "everlasting gospel", given that it is understood and proclaimed at the end of this age and the beginning of the millennial reign of Christ. It's been true from the foundation of the world, but not proclaimed for what I would think obvious reasons.
6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— 7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” Revelation 14:6-7
We already have the gospel of Jesus Christ, the good news of salvation, the rock upon which Jesus chose to build His church (the good confession). In Christ, God has initiated and completed the new covenant of peace with God and the redemption in His blood. Its finished, written in eternity.
So why another "everlasting gospel" pronounced at the beginning of "the hour of judgment " and to "every nation, tribe, tongue, and people"?
It would seem a bit redundant if it weren't meant for the remnant of the nations and the remnant of Jacob, those brought through the judgment.
Again, we ask ourselves "why", but the answer is obvious. How can a gospel of faith in the person of Jesus even be relevant after Jesus has been seen by every eye at His second coming? It's not faith to believe what you've seen to be true.
So why have I called it "eternal"?
For one, although the New covenant was established in a moment of time and through the precious blood of our savior Jesus Christ, it was predetermined by God. We know this from Revelation 13:8, in context about "the beast", but revealing God's plan from the beginning:
It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Revelation 13:7-8
Since the everlasting gospel is meaningless without the New Covenant, the propitiation of sin, and the redemption in His blood, it was founded in Him from eternity as well, but proclaimed for the millennium. Since it's given in His word and through the body of Christ, and since all redemption is through Jesus Christ and the atonement in His blood, and since all is accomplished through Christ, then it seems that we were meant to understand it before His return. Chapter 13 of the Revelation of Jesus Christ doesn't give us much to go on, regarding understanding, so short of direct revelation by His Spirit, we should be able to find all the essential elements of the everlasting gospel in scripture (it wouldn't be very believable in heaven or on Earth if the scriptures didn't confirm the coming proclamation.)
So, where do we start?
So what are the first words out of the angel's mouth?
"Fear God."
Most who have read the scriptures should recall that "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" and that's a foundation demonstrated in Genesis immediately after the fall of man through Adam's transgression.

"So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.
And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?
So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”

Genesis 3:6-10
Now, at this point in scripture the Lord asks Adam and his "wife" directly if he disobeyed His commandment, and they both confess, Eve to being deceived, Adam to transgression.
11 And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”
12 Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”
13 And the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
Genesis 3:11-13
This is the first conviction by God of sin and the first confession by the transgressor and the decieved.
God then pronounced the curses upon the serpent first, Eve second, and mankind through Adam, as well as the ground from which he was created, earth. However, God does not take Adam and Eve's lives, but rather, shows them mercy and also grace, providing for them clothing of animal skins and by implication "shed blood."
So we see here the fear of God, the confession of sin, mercy and grace.
To sum up, fear God and live.
There is a lot more to examine, many more posts, but I need help understanding Genesis 3:20 and I don't know if the translation is accurate:
" And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. " (as far as I can discern, there were no births yet and I want this verse to make sense.)
Any help here?

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 And the man calleth his wife's name Eve: for she hath been mother of all living. Young's literal translation

20 Now the man named his wife Eve, because she was the mother of all the living. NASB

20 The man called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. ESV

And the man called his wife’s name aEve; because she was the mother of all living. JPS Tanaach

Every literal translation I've looked at says the same thing and calls Eve the mother of all living. Yet, she hadn't given birth yet and the verse doesn't limit the living to mankind (we just make that very logical assumption.) So Adam, the son of God, names Eve prophetically.
Then we have the cryptic verse in 1 Timothy chapter 2:
For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.
Verse 15 has caused a lot of people to scratch their heads, but what if Timothy meant what the verse in context says. Verse 14 calls Eve, "the woman" because she hadn't been named yet, verse 15 in normal grammatical usage refers to the woman that Adam called Eve being saved if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.
Who is the "they" in verse 15 then? Normal grammatical usage would suggest that the "they" is referring to Adam and Eve, but how do they "continue" unless this refers to their descendants, humanity and "all living?"
If we alter the verse to "all living will be saved in child bearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self control", we have an opening for the everlasting gospel, that I've summarized as "fear God and live". Now, this is not the gospel of Jesus Christ, but does describe behavior consistent with life under the law, and life "in christ." The statement is conditional, but since it is given in reference to Adam and Eve, by Paul who has used Adam to express the fallen condition of man, it would seem that Paul was talking about unregenerate mankind. If that were the case, then we could understand that unregenerate mankind (or at least the female half) would be saved by continuing to bear children with that condition that they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eve was definitely the mother of every single sinner ever born.

She was not the mother of every living thing created.

Adam sounded too sure of himself just having disobeyed God. It does not mean that no one had been born prior to the moment Adam said those words.

Now if it was right after God created Eve, and before they ate of the fruit, then perhaps Adam was stating a different fact, than just saying that after they both disobeyed God. They were physically changed after Adam disobeyed. They went from incorruptible to corruptible bodies. They both died and were changed from life unto death.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Adam sounded too sure of himself just having disobeyed God. It does not mean that no one had been born prior to the moment Adam said those words.

Now if it was right after God created Eve, and before they ate of the fruit, then perhaps Adam was stating a different fact, than just saying that after they both disobeyed God. They were physically changed after Adam disobeyed. They went from incorruptible to corruptible bodies. They both died and were changed from life unto death.
Yet in Luke's genealogy of Christ, Adam is called the son of God. Did Luke make a mistake? Which of the prophets was born again? Moses was a murderer, yet called, sent, empowered, and fulfilled his commission. I don't think that you have everything worked out properly in your mind, but it doesn't really matter, because you know Him. That my friend, is salvation.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet in Luke's genealogy of Christ, Adam is called the son of God. Did Luke make a mistake? Which of the prophets was born again? Moses was a murderer, yet called, sent, empowered, and fulfilled his commission. I don't think that you have everything worked out properly in your mind, but it doesn't really matter, because you know Him. That my friend, is salvation.

Scripture says through one man, sin came upon all men.

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

Rom 5:17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.

Rom 5:18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.

There’s no sinless humans running around earth. We all are descended from Adam and Eve.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says through one man, sin came upon all men.

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

Rom 5:17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.

Rom 5:18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.

There’s no sinless humans running around earth. We all are descended from Adam and Eve.
Ok, but what's your point? Adam prophesied in the naming of Eve. If he was just making some carnal comment, it wouldn't be in scripture, the inspired word of God. There were no witnesses to the event other than Adam, Eve herself, God, and the serpent, (and perhaps the hosts of heaven.) We have these passages because they are entirely true and they say what they plainly say.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Israelites accused Moses of murder- but he was protecting a slave from being beaten and killed the guard in the ensuing fight. That’s not murder.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, but what's your point? Adam prophesied in the naming of Eve. If he was just making some carnal comment, it wouldn't be in scripture, the inspired word of God. There were no witnesses to the event other than Adam, Eve herself, God, and the serpent, (and perhaps the hosts of heaven.) We have these passages because they are entirely true and they say what they plainly say.
Responding to your comment below that hints Eve isn’t the mother of all people:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Israelites accused Moses of murder- but he was protecting a slave from being beaten and killed the guard in the ensuing fight. That’s not murder.
Interesting concept of justice, are you in law enforcement?
The covenant of Noah (or really God's covenant with Noah, his descendants, and all the beasts of the field) is found in chapter 9 following God's blessing upon him and his descendants:
So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. 3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. 5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man.

6 “Whoever sheds man’s blood,
By man his blood shall be shed;
For in the image of God
He made man.
7 And as for you, be fruitful and multiply;
Bring forth abundantly in the earth
And multiply in it.”
Genesis 9:1-7
Moses wasn't under the law before it was given to him and sealed with blood sacrifice, but he was under God's covenant with Noah and the blessing given by His mouth.
However, in the law, God's justice is more precisely defined with penalties that meet the "crime":
20 “And if a man beats his male or female servant with a rod, so that he dies under his hand, he shall surely be punished. 21 Notwithstanding, if he remains alive a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he is his property. Exodus 21:20-21
This isn't one of the ten commandments but is of the law written by Moses' own hand, the same who murdered the Egyptian for beating a Hebrew slave.
Now, the law and its penalties are not so simple as "eye for eye", "hand for hand", and "tooth for tooth", though you find these judgements in the same chapter as regards harm to the unborn child. You find some mercy and even some grace within those judgments of the law, even some penalties that are reduced to monetary exchange and the basis for civil suits. However, Moses was given to write the law that condemned him. Why do you imagine that Moses, the proud prince of Egypt became Moses the humblest of men? You don't think he knew his own guilt and the mercy shown Him by God?
Immediately following the passage where Moses received the commandment to return to Egypt, after God gave him words to say and power through the use of his staff, and power to make his hand completely leprous and then clean again, we find this interesting passage about Moses, the Lord, Ziporrah and her son:
24 And it came to pass on the way, at the encampment, that the Lord met him and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone and cut off the foreskin of her son and cast it at Moses’ feet, and said, “Surely you are a husband of blood to me!” 26 So He let him go. Then she said, “You are a husband of blood!”—because of the circumcision. Exodus 4:24-26
Now, the passage says why the wife of Moses, the prophetess, called him "a husband of blood" (the circumcision of her son, the atonement,) but it doesn't say why "the Lord met him and sought to kill him". What do you imagine that Moses did to be worthy of death?
After the actual exodus occured, Moses asked God to show him His glory. How did God respond?
Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” 20 But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” Exodus 33:19-20
These verses follow after: 17 So the Lord said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.”
And after:
11 So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle. Exodus 33:11
Moses was the recipient of God's mercy and grace. Have you considered these things?
Some people believe that Moses was a type of Jesus Christ but if we look at verse 11 closely we see that Joshua, the servant of Moses, was in the tent with him when he spoke with God "face to face" and didn't leave the tabernacle, the "tent of meeting ". If you examine closely all mentions of Joshua in the books of the Law, the 5 books of the pentateuch, it becomes obvious that it was Joshua who was the type of Christ. Moses even changed Joshua's name because it had been Hoshea:
These are the names of the men whom Moses sent to spy out the land. And Moses called Hoshea the son of Nun, Joshua. Numbers 13:16
When I was a child I didn't enjoy reading the book of numbers, but there are some awesome revelations in it.
In Deuteronomy there are other verses which tie Joshua directly to the Lord by repetition and he was chosen by Moses as his successor to lead Israel across the Jordan river into the land of Canaan. The book of Joshua, which would've been the book of Hoshea if Moses hadn't called him Joshua, then becomes a "type" of salvation, entering the land of promise, and a "type" of sanctification under blessings for obedience and curses for disobedience.
I really wish that more Christians would understand these things.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Responding to your comment below that hints Eve isn’t the mother of all people:

I never said or hinted that Eve "isn't the mother of all people" that's just your misinterpretation and misunderstanding getting in the way. But what I did say is that Adam named her prophetically as the mother of "all living" not just of men. I didn't say that she gave birth to all living creatures, but through her seed came salvation and the redemption of all creation, so with that understanding she indeed becomes the mother of "all living." This adds new understanding to the later reference made by Paul in his epistle that we have as 1 Timothy, and makes far more sense than simply saying that women are saved through child birth.
I love this. The Lord is teaching me as I explain to you.
Isn't that wonderful?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been referring to the eternal gospel in my posts, but that's a misnomer in regard to scripture, which calls it the "everlasting gospel", given that it is understood and proclaimed at the end of this age and the beginning of the millennial reign of Christ. It's been true from the foundation of the world, but not proclaimed for what I would think obvious reasons.
6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— 7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” Revelation 14:6-7
We already have the gospel of Jesus Christ, the good news of salvation, the rock upon which Jesus chose to build His church (the good confession). In Christ, God has initiated and completed the new covenant of peace with God and the redemption in His blood. Its finished, written in eternity.
So why another "everlasting gospel" pronounced at the beginning of "the hour of judgment " and to "every nation, tribe, tongue, and people"?
It would seem a bit redundant if it weren't meant for the remnant of the nations and the remnant of Jacob, those brought through the judgment.
Again, we ask ourselves "why", but the answer is obvious. How can a gospel of faith in the person of Jesus even be relevant after Jesus has been seen by every eye at His second coming? It's not faith to believe what you've seen to be true.
For one, although the New covenant was established in a moment of time and through the precious blood of our savior Jesus Christ, it was predetermined by God. We know this from Revelation 13:8, in context about "the beast", but revealing God's plan from the beginning:
It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Revelation 13:7-8
Since the everlasting gospel is meaningless without the New Covenant, the propitiation of sin, and the redemption in His blood, it was founded in Him from eternity as well, but proclaimed for the millennium. Since it's given in His word and through the body of Christ, and since all redemption is through Jesus Christ and the atonement in His blood, and since all is accomplished through Christ, then it seems that we were meant to understand it before His return. Chapter 13 of the Revelation of Jesus Christ doesn't give us much to go on, regarding understanding, so short of direct revelation by His Spirit, we should be able to find all the essential elements of the everlasting gospel in scripture (it wouldn't be very believable in heaven or on Earth if the scriptures didn't confirm the coming proclamation.)
So, where do we start?
"Fear God."
Most who have read the scriptures should recall that "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" and that's a foundation demonstrated in Genesis immediately after the fall of man through Adam's transgression.

"So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.
And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”

Now, at this point in scripture the Lord asks Adam and his "wife" directly if he disobeyed His commandment, and they both confess, Eve to being deceived, Adam to transgression.
11 And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”
12 Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”
This is the first conviction by God of sin and the first confession by the transgressor and the decieved.
God then pronounced the curses upon the serpent first, Eve second, and mankind through Adam, as well as the ground from which he was created, earth. However, God does not take Adam and Eve's lives, but rather, shows them mercy and also grace, providing for them clothing of animal skins and by implication "shed blood."
There is a lot more to examine, many more posts, but I need help understanding Genesis 3:20 and I don't know if the translation is accurate:
" And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. " (as far as I can discern, there were no births yet and I want this verse to make sense.)
Any help here?

David Guzik commentary:

Because she was the mother of all living: Adam named her Eve, even though she was not a mother at all at the time. She was not even pregnant yet. Adam named her in faith, trusting God would bring forth a deliverer from the woman, because God said He would defeat Satan through the Seed of the woman (Gen 3:15).

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David Guzik commentary:

Because she was the mother of all living: Adam named her Eve, even though she was not a mother at all at the time. She was not even pregnant yet. Adam named her in faith, trusting God would bring forth a deliverer from the woman, because God said He would defeat Satan through the Seed of the woman (Gen 3:15).
Yes, I prefer to be taught by God, but the commentary is accurate and the commentator had understanding of the prophetic. All prophesy comes by faith, even as the New Testament encourages the use of His gifts according to one's faith.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting concept of justice, are you in law enforcement?
The covenant of Noah (or really God's covenant with Noah, his descendants, and all the beasts of the field) is found in chapter 9 following God's blessing upon him and his descendants:
So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. 3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. 5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man.

6 “Whoever sheds man’s blood,
By man his blood shall be shed;
For in the image of God
He made man.
7 And as for you, be fruitful and multiply;
Bring forth abundantly in the earth
And multiply in it.”
Genesis 9:1-7
Moses wasn't under the law before it was given to him and sealed with blood sacrifice, but he was under God's covenant with Noah and the blessing given by His mouth.
However, in the law, God's justice is more precisely defined with penalties that meet the "crime":
20 “And if a man beats his male or female servant with a rod, so that he dies under his hand, he shall surely be punished. 21 Notwithstanding, if he remains alive a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he is his property. Exodus 21:20-21
This isn't one of the ten commandments but is of the law written by Moses' own hand, the same who murdered the Egyptian for beating a Hebrew slave.
Now, the law and its penalties are not so simple as "eye for eye", "hand for hand", and "tooth for tooth", though you find these judgements in the same chapter as regards harm to the unborn child. You find some mercy and even some grace within those judgments of the law, even some penalties that are reduced to monetary exchange and the basis for civil suits. However, Moses was given to write the law that condemned him. Why do you imagine that Moses, the proud prince of Egypt became Moses the humblest of men? You don't think he knew his own guilt and the mercy shown Him by God?
Immediately following the passage where Moses received the commandment to return to Egypt, after God gave him words to say and power through the use of his staff, and power to make his hand completely leprous and then clean again, we find this interesting passage about Moses, the Lord, Ziporrah and her son:
24 And it came to pass on the way, at the encampment, that the Lord met him and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone and cut off the foreskin of her son and cast it at Moses’ feet, and said, “Surely you are a husband of blood to me!” 26 So He let him go. Then she said, “You are a husband of blood!”—because of the circumcision. Exodus 4:24-26
Now, the passage says why the wife of Moses, the prophetess, called him "a husband of blood" (the circumcision of her son, the atonement,) but it doesn't say why "the Lord met him and sought to kill him". What do you imagine that Moses did to be worthy of death?
After the actual exodus occured, Moses asked God to show him His glory. How did God respond?
Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” 20 But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” Exodus 33:19-20
These verses follow after: 17 So the Lord said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.”
And after:
11 So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle. Exodus 33:11
Moses was the recipient of God's mercy and grace. Have you considered these things?
Some people believe that Moses was a type of Jesus Christ but if we look at verse 11 closely we see that Joshua, the servant of Moses, was in the tent with him when he spoke with God "face to face" and didn't leave the tabernacle, the "tent of meeting ". If you examine closely all mentions of Joshua in the books of the Law, the 5 books of the pentateuch, it becomes obvious that it was Joshua who was the type of Christ. Moses even changed Joshua's name because it had been Hoshea:
These are the names of the men whom Moses sent to spy out the land. And Moses called Hoshea the son of Nun, Joshua. Numbers 13:16
When I was a child I didn't enjoy reading the book of numbers, but there are some awesome revelations in it.
In Deuteronomy there are other verses which tie Joshua directly to the Lord by repetition and he was chosen by Moses as his successor to lead Israel across the Jordan river into the land of Canaan. The book of Joshua, which would've been the book of Hoshea if Moses hadn't called him Joshua, then becomes a "type" of salvation, entering the land of promise, and a "type" of sanctification under blessings for obedience and curses for disobedience.
I really wish that more Christians would understand these things.

1.Met him, and sought to kill him - Moses was attacked by a sudden and dangerous illness, which he knew was inflicted by God. The word “sought to kill” implies that the sickness, whatever might be its nature, was one which threatened death had it not been averted by a timely act. Zipporah believed that the illness of Moses was due to his having neglected the duty of an Israelite, and to his not having circumcised his own son; the delay was probably owing to her own not unnatural repugnance to a rite, which though practiced by the Egyptians, was not adopted generally in the East, even by the descendants of Abraham and Keturah. Moses appears to have been utterly prostrate and unable to perform the rite himself. (David Guzik commentary )

2. The law of Moses made a distinction between murder and manslaughter, (only deliberate murder had the death penalty), and so do our laws.

Moses did not murder anyone,it would be manslaughter at the most which Moses committed.
And God didn’t call Moses a murderer, an Israelite did, and the Bible reported the comment.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, where do we start?
"Fear God."

Any help here?

I don’t believe the angel preaches a different gospel at all.

There’s only one gospel, called variously the gospel of the kingdom, the gospel of Christ,etc.

I don’t believe the quote of the angels words are the everlasting gospel, but what he says as part of delivering the everlasting gospel, and that an angel is preaching the gospel to those in countries where the gospel can’t be preached such as Muslim nations, because an angel can’t be killed for preaching it.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.Met him, and sought to kill him - Moses was attacked by a sudden and dangerous illness, which he knew was inflicted by God. The word “sought to kill” implies that the sickness, whatever might be its nature, was one which threatened death had it not been averted by a timely act. Zipporah believed that the illness of Moses was due to his having neglected the duty of an Israelite, and to his not having circumcised his own son; the delay was probably owing to her own not unnatural repugnance to a rite, which though practiced by the Egyptians, was not adopted generally in the East, even by the descendants of Abraham and Keturah. Moses appears to have been utterly prostrate and unable to perform the rite himself. (David Guzik commentary )

2. The law of Moses made a distinction between murder and manslaughter, (only deliberate murder had the death penalty), and so do our laws.

Moses did not murder anyone,it would be manslaughter at the most which Moses committed.
And God didn’t call Moses a murderer, an Israelite did, and the Bible reported the comment.
Sorry, you're just adding to scripture now with your own flawed understanding. Those explanations of yours are not found in scripture and are contrary to sound doctrine, but that's okay. We aren't saved by our understanding, but by knowing God, by relationship not religion, not by works but by grace, by His will and not our own. God bless you and your studies, but at this time I would recommend that you involve yourself in some other ministry than teaching and perhaps teach when your understanding is opened by Him to the essential truths of the gospel, of grace, and of salvation.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe the angel preaches a different gospel at all.

There’s only one gospel, called variously the gospel of the kingdom, the gospel of Christ,etc.

I don’t believe the quote of the angels words are the everlasting gospel, but what he says as part of delivering the everlasting gospel, and that an angel is preaching the gospel to those in countries where the gospel can’t be preached such as Muslim nations, because an angel can’t be killed for preaching it.
Yes, but the angels learn about grace from men. They were created as ministers, but the scripture tells us that they don't understand the plan of redemption, at least not beyond what is revealed by the word and by men through the agency of the Holy Spirit, Christ within us. Even the Lord Himself returns at the beckoning of "the bride" when she has put on her wedding garments, the righteous works of the saints ( accomplished by God through us.) And all his enemies are placed under His feet (the earth is His footstool. )

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ok, then what did the sign (for the Hebrew slaves) of the hand into the bosom to become leprous and then again into the bosom to become "clean" again mean, given that those who knew him also knew that he fled Egypt after murdering an Egyptian and that Pharaoh sought his life (for the same reason). The commentator isn't wrong, but he isn't right about the passage either. His understanding fell short. We all fall short in understanding until God makes us understand. That's grace my friend.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Any help here?
Adam spoke prophetically, as he also did in Genesis 2:24.

Getting back to the eternal Gospel vs the everlasting Gospel, I do not believe there is any difference. There is only one Gospel and in fact it is both eternal and everlasting. Those two words are essentially the same.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but my point is that people in the millennial kingdom, those dwelling in the "outer darkness" and not permitted entry into the city of God, the remnant of the gentile nations, can't be saved by faith in the person of God's Son, if they came through the tribulation and judgment, simply because every eye shall see Him at His return in glory. What we see and know by sight, can't be called faith, so there is a gospel preached at the start of the millennial kingdom which is still to some degree by faith, is still dependent on the redemption paid in Christ's blood, but to some extent dependent upon behavior or there wouldn't be that warning to observe sukkot annually or suffer drought. It's a commandment that must be observed and in that respect is a law. Even the law, though it was powerless to perfect people, was righteousness to those who observed it. That's what it says of itself and the gospels give us the examples of some Jews that were "righteous " under the law, most notably Zacharias and Elizabeth, the parents of John the Baptist. The passage is almost humorous in that after Zacharias is called righteous, we're told that Zacharias was visited by an angel, while in his service at the temple, and yet didn't believe the angel and had his mouth shut up until after John was born. You might not find that funny, but at least it's a bit odd and true.
I believe that sukkot, the harvest festival of "ingathering" has a greater significance in the millennial kingdom, than any of the perpetual ordinances named in the law as it is the only one specifically mentioned as a commandment to the remnant of the gentiles ( the gentiles weren't part of the original Exodus and didn't spend 40 years in the wilderness. )

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was a son of God. Adam physically and spiritually died, just as God told Adam he would when Adam disobeyed God. Adam went from an incorruptible body to a corruptible body. Adam lost the "robe of white", which remains with God still until the Second Coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.