The Eternal Security Heresy: A Comprehensive Refutation of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is needed because eternal security advocates tend to ignore relevant biblical contexts and verse clusters. The thread will initially focus on the 2nd half of the first century (Revelation and then Hebrews) and then shift to Paul and finally to Jesus. In the process, it will be demonstrated that the election and perseverance texts cited by the OSAS advocates are actually irrelevant to the issue. To avoid chaotic discussion please follow my lead and focus your remarks on the biblical book currently under discussion.

1. THE BOOK OF REVELATION
The case against OSAS in Revelation is clearcut and decisive.

If you conquer, you will be clothed like them in white robes and I will not erase your name from the Book of Life (3:6).”

The threat of erasure implies that the church of Sardis already has their names written in the Book of Life! To prevent the loss of their salvation, they must “conquer,” that is, they must heed the Lord's threat: “Remember then what you have received and heard; obey it and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief (3:3).” These Christians must persevere in their faith like “those who have not soiled their garments (3:4).”

In the letter to the church of Smyrna the need to “conquer” is again stressed as the way to avoid losing one's salvation: “Whoever conquers will not be harmed by the second death (2:11).” And how can Christians conquer? “Be faithful until death and I will give you the crown of life (3:10).” Again, the implication is that if they are not faithful, their names that are already written in the Book of Life will be erased and they will forfeit “the crown of life.” Remember, the Greek word for “faith” also means “faithful.”

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is needed because eternal security advocates tend to ignore relevant biblical contexts and verse clusters. The thread will initially focus on the 2nd half of the first century (Revelation and then Hebrews) and then shift to Paul and finally to Jesus. In the process, it will be demonstrated that the election and perseverance texts cited by the OSAS advocates are actually irrelevant to the issue. To avoid chaotic discussion please follow my lead and focus your remarks on the biblical book currently under discussion.

1. THE BOOK OF REVELATION
The case against OSAS in Revelation is clearcut and decisive.

If you conquer, you will be clothed like them in white robes and I will not erase your name from the Book of Life (3:6).”

The threat of erasure implies that the church of Sardis already has their names written in the Book of Life! To prevent the loss of their salvation, they must “conquer,” that is, they must heed the Lord's threat: “Remember then what you have received and heard; obey it and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief (3:3).” These Christians must persevere in their faith like “those who have not soiled their garments (3:4).”

In the letter to the church of Smyrna the need to “conquer” is again stressed as the way to avoid losing one's salvation: “Whoever conquers will not be harmed by the second death (2:11).” And how can Christians conquer? “Be faithful until death and I will give you the crown of life (3:10).” Again, the implication is that if they are not faithful, their names that are already written in the Book of Life will be erased and they will forfeit “the crown of life.” Remember, the Greek word for “faith” also means “faithful.”

In the letter to the church age of Smyrna, the Reformation started with a deceptive definition of the grace of God that no sin can separate us from God if you just believe in Jesus. Martin Luther said, "even if you were to commit murder and adultery 1000 times a day, it could not separate you from God." Jesus said to this doctrine that they have a reputation that they are alive, but they are dead.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to believe me. I'm happy with the knowledge.
Lets begin here.

Who is Jesus called as and identified as in the book Revelation ?

You shouldn't have to look this up and be able to rattle it off the top of your head since you have written a book on the Revelation.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets begin here.

Who is Jesus called as and identified as in the book Revelation ?

You shouldn't have to look this up and be able to rattle it off the top of your head since you have written a book on the Revelation.

I wrote a book on chapters 2 and 3, not the whole book, but Jesus is the 1st and the last, the beginning and the end.

When was Pergamos?