The Evils Of Gnosticism, Part 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In short, Gnosticism is a "Christian" form of Satanism. It wears a veneer of "Christianity" on the surface, but in theology and practice it more resembles faiths inspired by the god of this world, not the God of the Bible. There are several members now embedded in this community who not only espouse but practice this religion, and they have effectively changed the tenor of this website, turning the atmosphere here from one governed by the Spirit of a Holy and Pure God into an unclean, unholy and ungodly one.

Proponents of this faith also practice witchcraft, and I have lost a dear friend in dream ministry to these people already. They know who they are, and while I am not bitter or resentful over it, I have to say that they should be ashamed of themselves for what they have done. She was a sweet and kind soul who was simply trying to operate in a gift the True God of Heaven and earth gave her to help others. Instead she has been driven completely from the ministry because they have used witchcraft to deliberately tamper with her dreams, and cause her so much stress that she has now left the forums altogether, and wants nothing to do with her calling any more.

Over the next several days, weeks, and months, I will be exposing this Satanic religion and revealing it for what it truly is: Evil. In the process, however, I will not be condemning those I know who are practicing it. Such souls are likewise deceived, and may honestly think they are serving the "true" Christian faith. They are not, but are being held captive in their minds by evil spirits, who have seduced them into believing lies. They need deliverance and mercy, just as those they have so badly wronged likewise do.

For Part 1, I will cover some of the main surface characteristics you will see from people who espouse this faith, and keep in mind again, these are not all "bad" people. They need Jesus, and they need to be saved, and come to the knowledge of the True living God and the true faith that alone can save them from judgment.

But here is one of the primary doctrines you will see them espouse: They transform the Biblical concept of "grace" into a license to sin. They are against God's laws as they pertain to morality, especially sexual morality, and they will argue against any "arbitrary" rules prohibiting such. If you espouse to traditional Christian morality, they will criticize you for being "judgmental" of them by trying to point it out.

This religion actually has its origins in New Testament times, and as I will cover, the early church had to deal with it as well. In simplest terms, Gnosticism is a rebellion against the Old Testament God. They profess to follow "Jesus," but they are in fact following "a different Jesus" than the Jesus preached by the apostles. They teach that He is not the son of the Old Testament God but a different god, and that the Old Testament God is in reality an evil and tyrannical being, bent only on controlling others unfairly and unnecessarily.

Again, this is why they transform "grace" into a license to sin. The New testament writers spoke of this in several places. Paul said one place:

¹² Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. ¹³ Neither yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin... Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid! ¹⁶Know not that to whom you yield yourselves as servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (Romans 6:12-16).

Another passage is found in Jude, where he specifically testified to this evil and sinful religion infiltrating the church during his time, and why he felt the need to expose it:

Beloved, applying all diligence to write to you concerning our common salvation, I had need to write to you exhorting you to lay stress upon that faith originally delivered to the saints. For certain men crept in, those of old having been proscribed unto this condemnation: They are "ungodly men," now translating the grace of God into sexual licentiousness, and disowning the Only Master and our Lord Jesus Christ. (Jude 1:1-4)

Again, the word "licentiousness" simply means giving license to sin, in a way in which the True Christian faith and True Christian teaching did not.

I will be posting in much more detail on this subject in the future, as it is a teaching that sends naive souls to Hell today just as it was doing in New Testament times, and must therefore be exposed.

Blessings in Christ to those who read these words.
Hidden In Him

@marks, @charity, @friend of.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I wondered what had happened to make her leave the forums. Not sure I know who is Gnosticism, have heard of it but thought it only existed in biblical times x

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I wondered what had happened to make her leave the forums. Not sure I know who is Gnosticism, have heard of it but thought it only existed in biblical times x

MUCH more to teach on it. :) If you stay tuned to this series (it will probably be 4 parts at least), you will come away with a much better understanding of your Bible, and what they were actually facing during New Testament times. Very fascinating study.

God bless, and thank you for the post.
Hidden

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes me wonder what this is about.

Much love!

Yes, I figured it would, LoL. But out of respect for both those I am referring to and the forum rules, I am refraining from it. Like I said, these people need Jesus as well, the REAL One.

But this set of studies is intended to recognize them by their post content; by their doctrines they teach and by the spiritual content of what they post. If Christians don't educate themselves in these matters, they will never fully understand what they are seeing anyway, not that you wouldn't, but simply that increasing one's education ever more acutely on this subject leads to a keener awareness of what differentiates True Christian doctrine from false "Christian" heresy, and true Christian lifestyle as laid down by the apostles from the lifestyle espoused and lived out by those who are still help captive in darkness, and need the true Light to shine into their souls.

Reactions: Azim and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I figured it would, LoL. But out of respect for both those I am referring to and the forum rules, I am refraining from it. Like I said, these people need Jesus as well, the REAL One.

But this set of studies is intended to recognize them by their post content; by their doctrines they teach and by the spiritual content of what they post. If Christians don't educate themselves in these matters, they will never fully understand what they are seeing anyway, not that you wouldn't, but simply that increasing one's education ever more acutely on this subject leads to a keener awareness of what differentiates True Christian doctrine from false "Christian" heresy, and true Christian lifestyle as laid down by the apostles from the lifestyle espoused and lived out by those who are still help captive in darkness, and need the true Light to shine into their souls.
The key, as I have understood it, to remain always on the Lord's side, is to love the Truth, God's Truth, even though we may not fully or even correctly understand exactly what it is. Without that love for Truth, we are open to delusion and this place I fear is where many who have met the Master have come. Some, of course, have never loved the truth, but some, I believe, who have in the past loved the Truth, have allowed other things to become more important to them than their love for Truth.

We may acknowledge that Jesus is the Truth as he said, but do we love Jesus even when we cannot clearly see his face? Who is able to see his face clearly now?

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key, as I have understood it, to remain always on the Lord's side, is to love the Truth, God's Truth, even though we may not fully or even correctly understand exactly what it is. Without that love for Truth, we are open to delusion and this place I fear is where many who have met the Master have come. Some, of course, have never loved the truth, but some, I believe, who have in the past loved the Truth, have allowed other things to become more important to them than their love for Truth.

We may acknowledge that Jesus is the Truth as he said, but do we love Jesus even when we cannot clearly see his face? Who is able to see his face clearly now?

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

Indeed. This was one of the driving points behind John's first letter, where he said:

1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous... by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. (1 John 2:1-4)

This letter was written about the Gnostics, and Jesus walked in true holiness. John's point was that those who are truly His should walk in holiness as He did. It's a point that has been lost on the modern church in many ways, because you don't hear holiness being preached much anymore. But was indeed the doctrine in the early church, and even in many of the holiness movements from the previous century. It is unfortunately somewhat rare today, but I believe this will change back eventually, for those who truly belong to Him anyway.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @HiddeninHim,

I have read your posts, and will read the entries that you promise are yet to come on this subject (God willing): but I am not in a position to comment on it at the moment, for I am not seeing the whole picture yet. I love the quotations from the word that you have given, which are very appropriate, but found in your last entry with your reference to a holiness movement that I wanted to hold back and see what you were going to bring to the fore about it before making further comment.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Our Lord and Head
risen and glorified
Chris

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, @HiddeninHim,

I have read your posts, and will read the entries that you promise are yet to come on this subject (God willing): but I am not in a position to comment on it at the moment, for I am not seeing the whole picture yet. I love the quotations from the word that you have given, which are very appropriate, but found in your last entry with your reference to a holiness movement that I wanted to hold back and see what you were going to bring to the fore about it before making further comment.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Our Lord and Head
risen and glorified
Chris

You are certainly welcome. :) It may be more by contrast in this particular discussion. The Gnostics were so incredibly steeped in sin that they made the typical pagan look like a choir boy, Lol (not that all Gnostics are as such today). But by Part 4 I will definitely show you some verses that discussed Christian holiness in contrast with Gnostic uncleanness, particularly with regard to sexuality.

God bless, and thanks for the response!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed. This was one of the driving points behind John's first letter, where he said:

1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous... by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. (1 John 2:1-4)

This letter was written about the Gnostics, and Jesus walked in true holiness. John's point was that those who are truly His should walk in holiness as He did. It's a point that has been lost on the modern church in many ways, because you don't hear holiness being preached much anymore. But was indeed the doctrine in the early church, and even in many of the holiness movements from the previous century. It is unfortunately somewhat rare today, but I believe this will change back eventually, for those who truly belong to Him anyway.

We know that we have passed from death to life because we love our brothers. Whoever does not love remains in death.

Do we wish the best for each other? Are we willling to lay down our lives for each other?

Why was Jesus harassed for eating and drinking with sinners?

Are we surprised that we find Jesus surrounded by those that need Him most?

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that we have passed from death to life because we love our brothers. Whoever does not love remains in death.

Do we wish the best for each other? Are we willling to lay down our lives for each other?

Why was Jesus harassed for eating and drinking with sinners?

Are we surprised that we find Jesus surrounded by those that need Him most?

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Amen, my brother, and good word. As much as the situation pains me, I have true love for the people that are caught up in this deception. They need the real Jesus. They will have no peace, no true inner joy and happiness, no rest, and never know what true love is until they can finally set aside the darkness, and turn to the True light. That is my intention, to draw them there.

God bless, and always good hearing from you.
- H

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In short, Gnosticism is a "Christian" form of Satanism
That would be a rather extreme conclusion, since Satanism is a very specific cult and involves the worship of Lucifer as well as all kinds of occultic nonsense. It is closely related to witchcraft and sorcery.

"Satanism is a modern, largely non-theistic religion based on literary, artistic and philosophical interpretations of the central figure of evil. It wasn’t until the 1960s that an official Satanic church was formed by Anton LaVey."
Satanism

Gnosticism was a corrupted form of Christianity that arose even while the apostles were on earth. Gnostics corrupted the Scriptures, and that influence is seen in modern bible versions. But Gnostics had a perverted view of Christ, the Gospel, and Christians, as well as Bible truth. Some resorted to asceticism and others to licentiousness. They are exposed as false prophets and false teachers in the New Testament, and we catch glimpses of their teachings in the epistles. Their primary corruption wad of the doctrine of Christ, as noted by the apostle John. They are called "antichrists".

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That would be a rather extreme conclusion, since Satanism is a very specific cult and involves the worship of Lucifer as well as all kinds of occultic nonsense. It is closely related to witchcraft and sorcery.

"Satanism is a modern, largely non-theistic religion based on literary, artistic and philosophical interpretations of the central figure of evil. It wasn’t until the 1960s that an official Satanic church was formed by Anton LaVey."
Satanism

Gnosticism was a corrupted form of Christianity that arose even while the apostles were on earth. Gnostics corrupted the Scriptures, and that influence is seen in modern bible versions. But Gnostics had a perverted view of Christ, the Gospel, and Christians, as well as Bible truth. Some resorted to asceticism and others to licentiousness. They are exposed as false prophets and false teachers in the New Testament, and we catch glimpses of their teachings in the epistles. Their primary corruption wad of the doctrine of Christ, as noted by the apostle John. They are called "antichrists".
Hello @Enoch111,

I do not doubt what you say, but I would be interested to have examples, if you would supply them please, of what you perceive to be their influences portrayed in modern translations, and the - 'glimpses of their teachings in the epistles', that you refer to?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In short, Gnosticism is a "Christian" form of Satanism. It wears a veneer of "Christianity" on the surface, but in theology and practice it more resembles faiths inspired by the god of this world, not the God of the Bible. There are several members now embedded in this community who not only espouse but practice this religion, and they have effectively changed the tenor of this website, turning the atmosphere here from one governed by the Spirit of a Holy and Pure God into an unclean, unholy and ungodly one.

Proponents of this faith also practice witchcraft, and I have lost a dear friend in dream ministry to these people already. They know who they are, and while I am not bitter or resentful over it, I have to say that they should be ashamed of themselves for what they have done. She was a sweet and kind soul who was simply trying to operate in a gift the True God of Heaven and earth gave her to help others. Instead she has been driven completely from the ministry because they have used witchcraft to deliberately tamper with her dreams, and cause her so much stress that she has now left the forums altogether, and wants nothing to do with her calling any more.

Over the next several days, weeks, and months, I will be exposing this Satanic religion and revealing it for what it truly is: Evil. In the process, however, I will not be condemning those I know who are practicing it. Such souls are likewise deceived, and may honestly think they are serving the "true" Christian faith. They are not, but are being held captive in their minds by evil spirits, who have seduced them into believing lies. They need deliverance and mercy, just as those they have so badly wronged likewise do.

For Part 1, I will cover some of the main surface characteristics you will see from people who espouse this faith, and keep in mind again, these are not all "bad" people. They need Jesus, and they need to be saved, and come to the knowledge of the True living God and the true faith that alone can save them from judgment.

But here is one of the primary doctrines you will see them espouse: They transform the Biblical concept of "grace" into a license to sin. They are against God's laws as they pertain to morality, especially sexual morality, and they will argue against any "arbitrary" rules prohibiting such. If you espouse to traditional Christian morality, they will criticize you for being "judgmental" of them by trying to point it out.

This religion actually has its origins in New Testament times, and as I will cover, the early church had to deal with it as well. In simplest terms, Gnosticism is a rebellion against the Old Testament God. They profess to follow "Jesus," but they are in fact following "a different Jesus" than the Jesus preached by the apostles. They teach that He is not the son of the Old Testament God but a different god, and that the Old Testament God is in reality an evil and tyrannical being, bent only on controlling others unfairly and unnecessarily.

Again, this is why they transform "grace" into a license to sin. The New testament writers spoke of this in several places. Paul said one place:

¹² Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. ¹³ Neither yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin... Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid! ¹⁶Know not that to whom you yield yourselves as servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (Romans 6:12-16).

Another passage is found in Jude, where he specifically testified to these evil and sinful religion infiltrating the church during his time, and why he felt the need to expose it:

Beloved, applying all diligence to write to you concerning our common salvation, I had need to write to you exhorting you to lay stress upon that faith originally delivered to the saints. For certain men crept in, those of old having been proscribed unto this condemnation: They are "ungodly men," now translating the grace of God into sexual licentiousness, and disowning the Only Master and our Lord Jesus Christ. (Jude 1:1-4)

Again, the word "licentiousness" simply means giving license to sin, in a way in which the True Christian faith and True Christian teaching did not.

I will be posting in much more detail on this subject in the future, as it is a teaching that sends naive souls to Hell today just as it was doing in New Testament times, and must therefore be exposed.

Blessings in Christ to those who read these words.
Hidden In Him

@marks, @charity, @friend of.
I value the Spirit of truth more than the truth, since it is the Spirit (Holy Spirit) that leads me into truth.
If one wants to avoid witchcraft and the sexual sin of others, they'll have to go live on a mountain. And even then...
We are the image of God; the enemy seems to be the mirror image of God, the opposite. Freemasonry seems to be everywhere today.
Love God, love us (you and I), keep it simple, and don't be stupid.
Walking out Luke 9:23, putting on the full armor every morning, using my prayer language, putting God first, making Him (Elohim) my hiding place, and being led by the Spirit are all part of my daily life.
Worshipping Him in Spirit and in Truth keep me lubricated.
When all else fails, I've found a sincere, "Jesus, help me!" to be most effective.
Walking in repentance; act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with your God,...
Our battle is not against flesh and blood.
Jude quotes 1 Enoch...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I value the Spirit of truth more than the truth, since it is the Spirit (Holy Spirit) that leads me into truth.
If one wants to avoid witchcraft and the sexual sin of others, they'll have to go live on a mountain. And even then...

Well, Truman, I'm not "avoiding" any of it. I'm simply confronting it. Don't you think it should be confronted if it is potentially costing people their souls? I don't understand.
Walking out Luke 9:23, putting on the full armor every morning, using my prayer language, putting God first, making Him (Elohim) my hiding place, and being led by the Spirit are all part of my daily life.

Mine as well. Praying in the Spirit continuously now especially.
Jude quotes 1 Enoch...

Well aware of it. The entire letter is based off of Jude's prophecy, actually.
When all else fails, I've found a sincere, "Jesus, help me!" to be most effective.
Walking in repentance; act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with your God,...
Our battle is not against flesh and blood.

Yes, Truman. You make it sound like I am in need. I'm fine. I am simply discharging a responsibility in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am not upset (a little irritated, but nothing too too bad), and I am not seeking to get revenge. I am handling my responsibilities in the Lord Jesus Christ. It's as simple as that.

But I do thank you for your input. And I hope the Lord blesses you richly in all things.

Your friend,
Hidden In Him

Reactions: Truman

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be a rather extreme conclusion, since Satanism is a very specific cult and involves the worship of Lucifer

A misconception. Satanists worship Satan, and Luciferians worship Lucifer. Two entirely different religions that both employ magic and sex rituals, but which have been at odds with each other for dominance behind the scenes for centuries. They do actually worship the same god, it's just that most Gnostics are utterly deceived into thinking Lucifer is a "good" god. Satanists at least have the sense to know their god is evil, and worship him as such.
as well as all kinds of occultic nonsense. It is closely related to witchcraft and sorcery.

If you wish to learn more about the sorcery practiced by Gnostics during New Testament times, I suggest you read Part 2 to this study when it comes out. It will go into more detail on that.
Satanism

You are getting your information from the History Channel? Enoch, they will feed you misinformation. Look at how corrupt most of their programing is with regard to Jesus Christ, and the Christian religion.
Gnosticism was a corrupted form of Christianity that arose even while the apostles were on earth. Gnostics corrupted the Scriptures

Correct, correct, and correct...
and that influence is seen in modern bible versions.

Wildly off base. Sounds like something out of New Age Translations, which is sadly misinformed.
Some resorted to asceticism and others to licentiousness. They are exposed as false prophets and false teachers in the New Testament, and we catch glimpses of their teachings in the epistles. Their primary corruption wad of the doctrine of Christ, as noted by the apostle John. They are called "antichrists".

Yes.

Thanks for your response, and God bless. Hopefully you tune in for Parts 2 through 4. I will explain all of this in greater detail from the scriptures themselves.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the definition of the term Gnostic? | GotQuestions.org

This is one definition for Gnosticism I thought it might be helpful to this thread.

Exactly. To quote your source:

Question: "What is the definition of the term Gnostic?"

Answer: The definition of the word Gnostic is about as easy to nail down as a flopping fish. It is derived from the Greek word gnosis, meaning “to know.” In the case of Gnosticism, what is “known” has shifted over the thousands of years since Gnosticism first reared its head during the formation and solidification of the early church.

Basically, the Gnostic believes in acquiring special, mystical knowledge as the means for salvation. According to Gnostic beliefs, there is a Great God that is good and perfect, but impersonal and unknowable. The creator of the universe was actually a lesser deity—a cheap knock-off of the “true God”—who wanted to create a flawless material universe but botched the job. Instead of having a utopia, we ended up with a world infected with pain, misery, and intellectual and spiritual blindness; all matter is now corrupt and evil. However, when this lesser deity created man, he accidentally imbued humanity with a spark of the “true” God’s spirit, making man an inherently good soul trapped in the confines of an evil, material body.

This is precisely it. They disdain the Old Testament God, and consider Him as a tyrant, and inept, and Himself ignorant of what He actually created. So they tend to look down on traditional Christians as ignorant as well, and in need of "gnosis" before they can come to the true light. The trouble, of course, is that it is actually they who have been deceived, and need to awake themselves out of the deception. The god who created this religion is the Devil, and his only objective in the long run is to deceive souls into Hell and torment them forever once they get there.

This is why it is a serious matter, especially when the religion is now making a come back in the earth, promoted by the mass media, and disguised as "original Christianity."

Last edited:
Reactions: friend of

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo's definition link is pretty good. But one fundamental belief common to most gnostic flavors is dualism. They believe that all that is physical, natural -flesh - is utterly evil, and what is spirit is utterly good.
That translated into teaching that what we do in the flesh doesn't matter spiritually or eternally. Some took that as license to sin and gave themselves over to sinning as often as they liked. Some sects actually taught sinning more, and more terribly would actually speed their gain of knowledge necessary to be free of flesh and "saved". Others decided to limit all unnecessary "flesh" activities (asceticism), attempting to expend all energy into pusuing knowledge, spirit and immaterial things. Both taught that Jesus never appeared in flesh form, having appeared in an immaterial spiritual body.
Gnosticism has many aspects, but it is a full on pursuit of salvation obtained by eating liberally of the very tree that caused man's fall - Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Reactions: marks

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure duality is a focus for Gnosticism as well. That God and evil are on equal footing in primary respects. The yin and yang, to borrow an eastern interpretation.