The extent of His Mercy.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many read or quote the famous line Jesus spoke from the cross, saying:' Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.", we see that, but do we really put it into context?
So here is The Son of the living God, as well as being The son of man, having come to the ones who had been reading about Him for the longest time, but still didn't see that it was Him, when He came. So not only did they reject Him ( the spiritual leaders of the people ), they made sure He was accused of a crime, which of course we know that He did not.....
Then, they had the audacity to hand Him over to the occupying forces, the Gentile, idol worshipers, where He was beaten, tortured, belittled, oh yeah AND the forty lashes.....and then the crown of thorns. They sat among the seats of scoffers.......
Then as we know they finally drove these massive spikes through His hands and feet, and left Him to slowly die.
These were the people He was praying for !

One who should however have known what he did ( and was still forgiven of course ) was Peter. Now He KNEW that Jesus was The Son of the Living God, he had received the revelation from above when Jesus was questioning Him, and remember, this was before the day of Pentecost too. So He knew this prior to Jesus' arrest, and of course some hours before, Peter had exclaimed that He was ready to die for and with Jesus. But when the time came, by the time the cock crowed twice, so it hadn't been all that long, since he had been in the garden with the others , when the time came he denied Jesus 3 times...........He too, even though he knew some things, was shown mercy and forgiven, although Jesus does ask Peter to, confirm 3 times, that he ( Peter ) loves Him ( Jesus ) and, that he will help the others and those to come, once He is gone.........We can also say a few things about Paul and him being forgiven and then handpicked by Jesus to take The Good News to the rest of the Gentiles.
Some say God works in mysteries ways, but it also says.:" To whom much is given, much will be required." and also :" I say to you ( Jesus speaking ) her sins which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little." ( Lk 7 : 47 ) for context if wanted.
In my personal experiences with Him, I get astonished every day, that His mercy is to this day 31 years later, new to me EVERY morning. I screw up so much, in my opinion. But still He is right here with me, never a hint of condemnation. Come taste the goodness of God, your Father who loves you more than you can imagine or think. Come drink it all in, what He died to give us, having sacrificed His own blood, His own body.......Drink and eat it all, all the love, the mercy and kindness, the joy, the peace, the goodness and on and on, all of it.....He's paying !

Reactions: mjrhealth and Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen!! Love it! :)
So glad........He never ceases to amaze us, does He? (tearing up as I'm thinking of Him ).....Pity you must be in your daytime and I'm up quite late already ..... It's almost midnight, so won't be here too much longer.....Have a really blessed one. :)