The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key word of the most common false doctrine is "cover." Anytime I hear someone use the phrase "the blood of Jesus "covers" our sin," I know they have been taught the watered down, powerless understanding of what the blood of Jesus actually does, and lives their lives struggling with sin, but has the false assurance that God can't see their sinning, so they still have their ticket to heaven. Many in these denominations that teach "covering" attract persons who desire to still be carnal; and never become born again - actual children of God. Not just in theory, but actually. Not just imputed righteousness (another key phrase used in this false doctrine), but actually. Jesus is coming back for a spotless Bride, not one who is still a slave to sin.

Part of the false doctrine is "we will always sin until we die and receive new bodies." The misunderstanding of the word "flesh" is the problem. Paul uses it equal to the old sinful carnal nature inherited from Adam. Those who believe this doctrine of demons never seek to be free, because they have been told they have to go through a life-long process of sanctification of overcoming sin. In other words, they have to become righteous in their own power of learning right from wrong. Good grief, that is what the Old Covenant was all about, but Romans 7:13 shows the problem. Sin in our nature. What is needed is a brand new spotless, powerful nature that partakes of the divine nature of Christ. 2 Peter 1:2-11. This is why 2 Peter 1:9 shows that only our past sins were cleansed. 1 John 1:9 ideally needs to only happen once. Then the fruit of the Spirit grows to maturity. The result of immature fruit causes minor trespasses, but forgiving others their trespasses against us causes our Advocate to forgive our trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15

Jesus' blood cleanses us of ALL sin; He takes it away, not just covers it up. He does NOT leave us with the old carnal nature of Adam? NO! Jesus is the new Adam. We become partakers of the divine nature of God that does not sin. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ has FREED us from the law of sin and death. Otherwise, we are not born again prepared for heaven. The New Covenant method regarding sin, is completely different than the Old Testament COVERING of sin, like a tarp over a cesspool, leaving the vile stench below.

The question arises from those in the false doctrine. "Then do we never have to repent again?" How many times does Peter say to repent in Acts 2:38? Or in 1 John 1:9? Once. If you truly repent and truly want to be holy, Jesus gives you His powerful sinless Spirit to change your desires. That is what becoming born again is all about. He makes you partakers of the divine nature.

So, no, once you truly repent, you shouldn't have to repent again and again as in the weak doctrine of covering our sin. You have no desire to do anything to repent of. Those desires have been TAKEN AWAY.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So....once we'r born again there's no need to repent anymore?

How many times does Peter say to repent in Acts 2:38? Or in 1 John 1:9? If you truly repent and truly want to be holy, Jesus gives you His powerful sinless Spirit to change your desires. That is what becoming born again is all about. He makes you partakers of the divine nature.

So, no, once you truly repent, you shouldn't have to repent again and again as in the weak doctrine of covering our sin. You have no desire to do anything to repent of. Those desires have been TAKEN AWAY.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How many times does Peter say to repent in Acts 2:38? Or in 1 John 1:9? If you truly repent and truly want to be holy, Jesus gives you His powerful sinless Spirit to change your desires. That is what becoming born again is all about. He makes you partakers of the divine nature.

Fantasy! The reality is that we sin, repent, sin, repent, sin, repent.....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truth! You need to experience being born again. Obviously, you still are struggling with sins you love.

Rom_4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

1Jn_2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

Col_2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

I guess His grace is still not enough for you,

Will you continue to tell the,

Forgiven they are not,
the righteous they are not,
And will you insist to Him than HE has failed to deliver His promise, in that He has forgiven the sins of all men, not just yesterdays..

Is His righteousness sin??

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom_4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

1Jn_2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

Col_2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

I guess His grace is still not enough for you,

Will you continue to tell the,

Forgiven they are not,
the righteous they are not,
And will you insist to Him than HE has failed to deliver His promise, in that He has forgiven the sins of all men, not just yesterdays..

Is His righteousness sin??
One scripture that comes to mind that kind of sealed it for me
Well more than one...
Romans 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
“For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)”
¹⁸ Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
¹⁹ For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
²⁰ Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
²¹ That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

ONE MAN'S DISOBEDIENCE....one..only one....many were made sinners.
And by THE OBEDIENCE OF ONE....one..only one shall many be made righteous.

It's a 1:1 ratio....
Disobedience in Adam's life cursed all of us and made us to become sinners before we were even born! SMH....

OBEDIENCE in Christ's life broke the curse and made us righteous again.

It is the GIFT of SALVATION! Available to anyone who will receive it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One scripture that comes to mind that kind of sealed it for me
Well more than one...
Romans 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
“For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)”
¹⁸ Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
¹⁹ For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
²⁰ Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
²¹ That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

ONE MAN'S DISOBEDIENCE....one..only one....many were made sinners.
And by THE OBEDIENCE OF ONE....one..only one shall many be made righteous.

It's a 1:1 ratio....
Disobedience in Adam's life cursed all of us and made us to become sinners before we were even born! SMH....

OBEDIENCE in Christ's life broke the curse and made us righteous again.

It is the GIFT of SALVATION! Available to anyone who will receive it.
Amen, now if men will just receive it. God bless you.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL You do realize that is a quote from the Old Testament when they were still sacrificing bulls and goats don't you? Guess not...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL You do realize that is a quote from the Old Testament when they were still sacrificing bulls and goats don't you? Guess not...
Ye funny isnt it, No more sacrifice because Christ paid the ultimate one, so Sin is no longer imputed on those who believe. Funny too, it was quoted in the NT by Paul wasnt it.

Funny thing is you are right on most points just wrong on the big one.

Is it not you who insists on the law, I guess one who insists on law keeping could never understand grace.

Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye funny isnt it, No more sacrifice because Christ paid the ultimate one, so Sin is no longer imputed on those who believe. Funny too, it was quoted in the NT by Paul wasnt it.

Funny thing is you are right on most points just wrong on the big one.

Is it not you who insists on the law, I guess one who insists on law keeping could never understand grace.

Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

You know why the law didn't work. At least, I've told you often enough, whether you grasped what I said or not.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know why the law didn't work. At least, I've told you often enough, whether you grasped what I said or not.
Why do you have two threads going on the same subject at the same time? Simply delete one to avoid confusion and repetition.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you have two threads going on the same subject at the same time? Simply delete one to avoid confusion and repetition.

There are many forums I do not participate in, and I imagine so do others. I want this seen by those who do not participate in one of the other forums I posted in. You, like more than one forum, but I'm not deleting anything so, hopefully, I won't miss anyone.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, but may dont, whole religions still following it, and I doubt youve told me. But why is it you insist

He takes it away,

Than tell us we are all sinners, either HE has or HE has not. Or as Paul put it.

Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Isnt it up to Jesus to take care of us, If He will not impute Sin on us, will you insist on doing it for Him, It is finished is it not.

Status
Not open for further replies.