The Fate Of Superficial Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many Christians do you know who are living a superficial life? I received the following dream a week or so ago, and thought I should post it. It touches on what will eventually become of modern day superficial Christians, the teachers they listen to, and the churches they attend. Some tough times are coming for the church. The fulfillment of this dream is dated to about 15-20 years from now, and suggests many in the church will eventually enter a type of spiritual "black hole." The symbolism implies that not only will many enter spiritual darkness, but also become extremely cold towards God in the process. The temperature in a black hole is estimated to be close to absolute zero, which is 273 degrees below Celsius. One primary reason why many will turn cold towards God is because they will be giving themselves ever-increasingly to the influence of secular entertainment rather than to the word of God and prayer. As a result, they will emulate more what they see on the TV than the examples laid down for us in scripture.

The dream begins with the imagery of Christians emulating characters from the animated TV series The Simpsons. The "planet" they are trying to get to is Heaven, but the wrong coordinates suggests they will think that leading a superficial Christian life will somehow still get them there. The imagery of "coin flipping" suggests that it will in reality be a coin toss as to which ones make it and which ones don't. Some will be "heads up" but many will be "heads down," which again highlights how many will not have the right thinking with regard to what it takes to actually make Heaven. Their thinking will be "upside down," not realizing that growing increasingly cold towards God causes one to eventually "veer off course" and never arrive at the destination they were trying to reach.

The Dream:
Bart Simpson and all the kids from his school were being sent to a planet, but were given the wrong coordinates to get there. So they all ended up on this flat looking asteroid that looked like a huge rock coin flipping through space. They were all laid on their backs, some facing heads up, and others facing heads down, however they were flipped. Their heads were in the middle of the asteroid, and their feet were all on the edges of the asteroid, and they were side to side in a circle around the edges of the asteroid on both sides. The asteroid was flipping and moving through space. There was this black hole that the asteroid moved through, and there was a big flash, like teleporting to somewhere. Only the Simpson kids made it, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. They were teleported to what looked like earth, but it was an ice age of some kind. I sensed they were in a future time on earth, where the buildings were covered in ice and things. There were also floating televisions moving through the air on these little robotics spheres, where they could see the news. There were like black DJs on the TVs giving real light hearted news. They were dressed really grungy. One DJ was wearing sun shades and a black baggy shirt. He looked like a rapper, and moved his hands like a rapper and things. I sensed it was light hearted because he talked "dawg", and gangster type of stuff. I sensed like this was 15 to 20 years into the future. I saw the Simpsons holding hands, and they headed out of a cave looking at the news on these floating TVs. Towards the end of the dream, they were at a store, but with empty baskets...

The sister who received the dream sent me an image she found of the what she said the asteroid looked like:

333946_92544b0c98038913f5e54005a840f0e1.jpg

The buildings covered in ice symbolize churches that will become ice cold towards God in the future rather than remain "on fire" for Him. The DJs giving "lighthearted news" again plays on the theme of being influenced by secular culture. It suggests that many believers by this time will be getting most of their "teaching" from the lyrics of Christian entertainers, but such messages will center largely on the news of the day and their Christian "take" on it rather than on the teachings of the word of God itself. The Simpson kids being at a store by the end of the dream but with empty baskets represents them trying to "shop" for decent teaching at the churches, yet finding none.

I posted this second dream a few months ago in relation to something else, but since it deals with this same subject matter I will repost it here. As this dream also suggests, even once conservative elements of society like country singers will eventually promote sin and immorality. Country celebrities will promote morally corrupt themes for the sake of fame and success, and Christians will be increasingly seduced by these influences into thinking their sins are excused by God.

The Dream:
I was in a daycare/ preschool... and as I was staring out the blinds of the Preschool room window, I saw a long black train. It then switched to where I was in a car and it was driving slowly by this court house. There were golden pillars around it and an emblem that sort of looked like a coat of arms with the top being an eagle, and the bottom being a coin measure with one side up, and one side down. The streets were all rich and golden, and I heard a radio voice saying that Garth Brook's new CD was out to buy. The car pulled into an empty parking lot, and I got out of the back seat with a woman named who had been a staff member from Teen Challenge that was a very faithful Christian. She had a skimpy shirt and short shorts on that were falling off of her, but she didn't care at all until I said something. Even then, she said she wouldn't have cared if I wasn't watching her. She had two kids. She was black, but her kids were a small white infant, and a girl pulling her arm and not listening at all to her. I had a brown purse with a long strap, and when I was in the car, I had some cash inside, but when I got out, it was deflated almost like a plastic bag with no air in it. I was disappointed, because I wanted the new Garth Brooks CD.

Again, the theme here is of Christians being influenced by secular entertainment, and emulating what they hear. Garth Brooks is representative of popular country singers who will sell out for money, and the courthouse symbolizes what will become the moral law in society as a result. The moral law will be changing drastically for the worse, not only in society but among Christians as well. The girl who is a staff member of Teen Challenge - a once moral Christian organization - is now seen wearing a skimpy shirt with shorts falling off of her, which her conscience doesn't bother her about until she is confronted by a Christian whose conscience does have a problem with it. This suggests she is engaging in willful sin without any conviction. She also appears to have no conscience about stealing, which is why the other girl has money in the car yet no money when she gets out and wants to buy the Garth Brooks CD.

Continued next post...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Dream Continued:
Then I was walking by the courthouse, and I saw Garth Brooks coming out in an all black. Garth Brooks in his black western suit and black cowboy hat, fell down holding his chest dying as he walked down the steps of the courthouse. I heard "Long Black Train." A scene played where a band was playing, then a girl with short blonde hair was laying in a car just smiling and singing "I'm sorry for this, and I'm sorry for that." With flowers all around. Just "playful like." I think she was singing to God, but wasn't meaning it. It was being sung like as part of a music video, and she was singing specific sins, "I'm sorry for adultery, and I'm sorry for lies. Sorry for idolatry, sorry for pride." I don't quite remember the specifics, but it was definitely playful/not meaning it. Then I was on a highway and a former pastor was driving. I was in the passenger seat and he was pointing out the front window. He said, "See that little cloud in the distance, He is coming." I felt safe in the car with him. But I could see only see his finger, and the rear view mirror, so I looked out his side window, and there was a HUGE black tornado devouring everything in sight. Then I heard a voice that said, "ARE YOU WATCHING?" And I woke up.

I found it interesting studying about the song "Long Black Train" after I received this dream. I'm not a country fan, so I had never heard of it. But the song was written by country singer Josh Turner back in 2003. The theme was about avoiding temptation, for as he explained in an interview, it was the result of a vision God gave him that led to the writing of the song:

"Long Black Train" was inspired by a vision that I had of a long, black train running down this track way out in the middle of nowhere. I could see people standing out to the sides of this track watching this train go by. As I was walking, experiencing this vision, I kept asking myself, "What does this vision mean, and what is this train?" It dawned on me that this train was a physical metaphor for temptation: These people are caught up in the decision of whether or not to go on this train. And this came about in a time of my life where I was trying to figure out who I was as an artist and as a person ... "Long Black Train," the song and the album, are very special to me. It was just one of those things that I felt like God gave to me for a purpose, and I've been out here promoting that purpose.
Story Behind the Song: Josh Turner, 'Long Black Train'

Anyhow, this last section of the dream contains the admonitions. Garth Brooks dying as he walks down the steps of the court house represents country singers who were once moral men becoming immoral in their lyrics for the sake of popularity, and dying spiritually as a result. Hence he is dressed in his all black, with Long Black Train playing in the background. The girl has likewise boarded this "train" as a result of the songs she is singing in emulation. In singing the lyrics, she is not truly repentant about committing her sins. The song makes then seem almost acceptable as if everyone commits them, so her singing she is "sorry" is only a facade. There is no real repentance, for while she is "singing them to God" she is not really meaning any of it.

Like in the asteroid dream, the church is implicated in this moral decline as well. The pastor is seen pointing to the return of Christ (the little cloud in the distance), but he is clearly oblivious to the danger of sin and immorality now bearing down on them, as represented by the Huge black tornado that is devouring everything in sight. This tornado corresponds to the Long Black Train. The last line is God asking her, "Are You Watching?" It means that while many in church leadership will not be watching, truly devout Christians must be. They will be the only things standing in the way of the church falling into total moral decline.

Thanks for reading, and may the Lord bless all who read this message.

Reactions: Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were like black DJs on the TVs giving real light hearted news. They were dressed really grungy. One DJ was wearing sun shades and a black baggy shirt. He looked like a rapper, and moved his hands like a rapper and things. I sensed it was light hearted because he talked "dawg", and gangster type of stuff. I sensed like this was 15 to 20 years into the future.

Was looking into this just now, and this part of the dream seems likely, given the direction music has taken over the last few decades or so. According to the following, Rap surpassed Rock as the most popular music genre a few years ago. That is something I suspected, just hadn't seen any concrete articles stating it yet. But everyone I see at convenience stores now is listening to Rap, no matter what race they are of (not that I'm pleased about it, but it is what it is).

Why rap has overtaken rock as the most popular genre among music fans

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Received a few other dreams that appear to further elaborate on what is going to become of superficial Christianity. One is private (and relates to Christianity Board), but this one I can post:

Dream:
I was driving down the road alone in the car [a sister] was going to drive me in. I was driving towards the thickest black thunderhead cloud I had ever seen. It looked very sinister and it was already cold, but the closer I got to the storm, the colder it got. I could see my breath and frost on my arms. There was also blue lightening in the thick thunder cloud and it was striking everything that came close to it. There may have been a tornado too. But the storm was so thick, I couldn't see. I didn't feel right going towards the storm at all. A lot of other cars were on the road going both directions. The cars that went into the storm just disappeared. I didn't see what happened to them, because the storm was so thick, but people were driving in and out of it like a normal day. Then I looked to the side of the road, and I saw myself walking back to the motel where I came from in the opposite direction away from the storm. I was shivering and holding myself. And suddenly I saw myself walking back with short sleeves and ice on my arms. Small droplets of water were falling down as well and they were freezing on my arms. I walked down the sidewalk to this outside eating place with no food and round tables. [A sister] was there and had a thick coat for me. She was the only one at the empty tables without a coat, but it didnt seem to bother her at all. She seemed excited. Then the biggest snowflakes I ever saw started falling down. They were bigger then my hand, but were the most beautiful I ever saw. And I was excited and warmed by the thick coat. Only problem was when they touched my bare hands, they were so cold, it hurt. I was a lot warmer with the coat on though. It was a thick winter coat. Someone said, they knew I wasnt from Chicago, because I had never seen such big snow before. And I was thinking the snow was going to get very deep before I woke up and needed to get back to the motel before we got snowed in. That I wasn't going to get home. I knew it would only get worse, even though the snow was beautiful. I could feel the cold in this dream. It was more than just numbing. It hurt.

Interpretation:
This one is obviously a continuation of the astroid dream about spiritual conditions 15-20 years from now...

The dream is a warning not to put too much reliance on church ministries because many churches will not survive. Instead, the call is to become more spiritually "clothed" in Him personally. The thick thunderhead with blue lightening coming from it is again a reference to the coming "cold" climate spiritually. Thunder clouds move ahead of cold fronts, and blue is associated with water; in this case frozen water. People driving in and out of the storm "like a normal day" means it will be normal for ministries to have to weather spiritual coldness by this time, but you walking back from it afterwards means this coming storm will be so cold it will destroy many ministries. Thus, you are seen walking back to a temporary place of "dwelling" again. Walking back away from the storm represents facing the spiritual coldness of the times without the "covering" of a ministry to warm you. But the thick coat represents receiving a spiritual covering from the Lord Jesus Christ Himself instead; of being "clothed" in Him, which is a true spiritual covering that cannot be taken from you.

The big, beautiful snowflakes represent popular church leaders by this time; megachurch leader types, who appear extremely attractive on the outside but are spiritually cold and unreliable. The word "flake" is a play on words for someone who is untrustworthy. Being told you "must not be from Chicago" is a reference to large churches (i.e. big city churches), and getting "snowed under" is urban slang for being overwhelmed with insincere talk, like flattery. This is why they will hurt those they "touch." Becoming attached to such leaders spiritually will bring pain, because their spiritual coldness will freeze them spiritually as well. There is also possibly an allusion to such snowflakes "falling from the sky," i.e. through sins and indiscretions. Thus, fearing "not getting home" in the midst of this spiritual environment will be a genuine concern for many.

In other visions, the Lord likewise has warned about the church being led away by flatterers and taught by ministers to sin, and that this again is not what the Spirit Himself is saying to the churches:

The holy people of God have been led away by flatterers. Do not be deceived; God is not mocked. Understanding will come to you if you will open your ears and listen to Me. This is the Lord's message to the churches. Beware of false prophets who stand in My holy place and deceive with flatteries. O earth, My people have fallen asleep to the sound of false doctrine. Awake, Awake! I tell you that all unrighteousness is sin. Cleanse yourself from all sin of the flesh and the spirit.
Listen you ministers of My Holy Word. Do not teach my people to sin against their God. Remember that judgment begins at the house of God; unless you repent, I will remove you for the sins you have taught My people. Do you think that I am blind that I cannot see, and deaf that I cannot hear? (A Divine Revelation Of Hell, P.138-139)

As for what sort of minister these prophecies are speaking about, though he seems nice enough, I personally take Joel Osteen as a potential example of the type of "flatterer" that may be coming. He often uses an endless stream of affirmations, yet usually with little to no focus on rebuking sin out of people's lives. Continually telling believers how wonderful they are often breeds a kind of spiritual lethargy. It is indeed a spiritual "snow job," so the proliferation of such ministries in the future will only continue to bring on what appears to be the coming of a terrible spiritual "winter" of sorts for the church.

Last edited: