The Fires Of Purification...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's talk about the fires of purification which are spoken of in scripture. I know that at some point at least our works will be tried by fire in heaven? That if they survivie the fire that it is treasure in heaven for us or something? And lately I am being led to believe that maybe some saved souls will also go through that fire? Is this correct or not?

What can you tell me about this?

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's talk about the fires of purification which are spoken of in scripture. I know that at some point at least our works will be tried by fire in heaven? That if they survivie the fire that it is treasure in heaven for us or something? And lately I am being led to believe that maybe some saved souls will also go through that fire? Is this correct or not?

What can you tell me about this?
Dear MA2444,

This is probably the scripture you are referencing:

1Cor 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

The setting for this scripture is the White Throne Judgment where Christ separates the sheep from the goats (Mat 25:31-46). It is at this time that the Elect (the sheep) will receive their reward of life during the ages and the honor of reigning with Christ in the final age.

Those who "suffer loss" are the goats. They will be cast into the Lake of Fire where they will eventually be saved by that fire.

This verse applies:

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Before the "lost" perish in the Lake of Fire, Christ will have mercy upon them and give them faith. With this faith, the pathway for Christ to come to them will be made "straight" (Isa 40:3). When Christ comes to them, He will pour out the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit which will birth the new child of God. Immediately after the child of God is born, the child will be gathered up to heaven. The child of the devil will remain in the Lake of Fire where he will perish. This satisfies "justice".

This entire spiritual process is called conversion.

So why does God's Word say that the lost are saved by "fire"?

Christ words are "spirit" (John 6:63) and they carry meanings that are different from what man's wisdom teaches (1Cor 2:13).

The spirit word "fire" represents Christ's judgment. It is not literal fire.

This verse applies:

2Pet 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Since Christ loves mankind and came to save us, He longed to start that process of conversion:

Luke 12:49 “I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Scripture says that all mankind will be judged (Mark 9:49) because judgment is a necessary component of conversion. Conversion is the spiritual process which destroys the child of the devil (mankind) and creates the new child of God.

These verses teach about conversion:

Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with Fire.

John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Isa 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Here is what most people do not understand: Christ is going to save all mankind.

It is for that purpose that Christ came into the world:

1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

To complete the mission the Father gave to Christ, Christ established a two-fold plan which spans over two ages of time.

In this age, Christ is only saving (converting) those blessed individuals who have been chosen from the foundation of the world.

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

These blessed individuals are called the Elect. During this age, Christ is not saving anyone else.

Because the Elect are harvested early, the Elect are also called the First Fruits of the harvest. This early harvest is represented by the Feast of Weeks (First Fruits). The remainder of the crop (the rest of mankind) will be harvested at year's end which will occur at the end of the final age. This final harvest is represented by the Feast of Ingathering (Tabernacles).

This verse applies:

Exo: 34:22 And thou shalt observe the Feast of Weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the Feast of Ingathering at the year's end.

In the final age, when the last day of the Feast of Ingathering arrives, Christ will make this call to the "lost":

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

This is when Christ shows mercy to those who are being judged in the Lake of Fire and when He gives them the faith they need.

This same call is also presented below:

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Notice in the verse above, the Elect (the Bride) are added to the call. It is for this purpose of helping Christ bring in the final harvest of mankind that the Elect were harvested early in this present age.

Joel chapter 2 presents the harvest of the "lost" at year's end - it is worth reading.

After the last person of mankind has been converted, this scripture will then be testified to be true:

1Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Joe

Last edited: