The Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:4,

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

If you wanted to compare flesh, Paul could one up most. For Paul understanding Christ as life (his life as well as every believers life) made him stand strong against men thinking it was them doing exploits for God. If you wanted to brag about what you had did for God, Paul called you "of the flesh."

Flesh can very easily be defined; the definition of flesh is; what you do aside from Christ (that has to do with your knowledge of Christ). If Christ is not in the dailey living of believers the flesh will be. Now the fact is even with your knowledge and understanding of Christ you are still going to have fleshly moments. Simply put! You are not going to live a Christian life every moment of every day. To be honest I think the lord knew that before he ever saved you. The super saints I have known through the years that felt they were sinless, to quote a preacher friend of mine-they could stand in the living room and lick a skillet clean in the kitchen. What he was talking about was their busy-body ways, always in everybody else's business, long tongue gossips.

If you wanted something to get out and spread the news about something, all you had to do was tell them. It was like reading the front page of the dailey news, the original whistleblowers. But wait! They were there everytime the church doors were open, with their form of godliness. Point is you are not going to live like your Moses (our mind-picture of the saints of old) and some of old saints who seemed to master their flesh.
What is needed by the born again is the new life to come alive or be lived spontenous. What would be spontenous? a good one for me is getting cut off on the freeway, you loose your religion in a heart beat, it's like Jesus doesn't even exsist. You are trying to figure out how you can make a pay back with out spending the rest of your life locked up, and you don't even know the people. Spontenous happens by quick knowledge, what is quick knowledge? Quick knowledge (my word) is when you have in readiness to say in an instant--that is not who I am anymore, I'm a Christ person and should act like it. When things like road rage and other things happen, it is the ones that happen fast and catch you off guard so to speak. That is where quick knowledge comes in, as fast as things happen you respond with your knowledge as fast as well.

So relax and know that your flesh is always going to be with you, you don't surrender to it but you see through everything as a believer to Christ who is your life now. How does that work? it works by your knowledge of the written word and your fellowship of the Spirit as 1John 1:3 says,

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Nancy

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
is wat a lot of people are going by when they read the word and are falling short everytime!!

Reactions: soul man

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct, a fleshly "MIND", which we must "RENEW".

PICJAG.

Can people discern the difference between a mind that is renewed by being in God's presence and a mind that is carnal but being religiously re-labeled according to bible sounding terminologies?

How deep (or superficial) is that renewal?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
our flesh gets in the way many times with all of us. paul wrote
3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

5 mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

mortify i think of Galatians 2:20 crucified with Christ romans 12 offer our bodies a living sacrifice transformed by the renewing our mind romans 6 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

granted none of this is possible with out the Holy spirit . we can say all day long we are filled with the spirit .but yet at some point our flesh will get in the way ..so how full are we ?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can people discern the difference between a mind that is renewed by being in God's presence and a mind that is carnal but being religiously re-labeled according to bible sounding terminologies?

How deep (or superficial) is that renewal?
yes, Matthews 7:17 or James 3:11. but one can desern the taught mind of the Holy Ghost, for there is revelation in understanding.

PICJAG.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes, Matthews 7:17 or James 3:11. but one can desern the taught mind of the Holy Ghost, for there is revelation in understanding.

PICJAG.

All this is just Gnosticism unless our behaviour becomes holy and we act as Jesus would.

This thread is basically promoting Gnosticism. We are what we act from. If we have carnal outbursts then that proves we are still walking in our own strength as carnal men. We might know ABOUT Jesus but we are not yet in Him...having not yet tapped into His life.

All is not lost...unless we mislabel our own nature as being of Christ. Then we will be under judgment. A little knowledge...if we seek to exploit that knowledge...can be a dangerous thing.

So we need a little honesty and humility.

How can we say we are in Christ when people who are not claiming such are more patient and loving than we are?

To be in Christ means the flesh motivations are DEAD. Dead men don't react in the flesh...ever. Being alive IN Christ means we are also dead in Christ. A good tree doesn't produce bad fruit.

So then we know the old man is still alive and kicking if indeed we see that we are not on the cross and watching as through light that Jesus has taken over.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all
All this is just Gnosticism unless our behaviour becomes holy and we act as Jesus would.
Have our Lord Jesus finish you yet?
This thread is basically promoting Gnosticism. We are what we act from. If we have carnal outbursts then that proves we are still walking in our own strength as carnal men. We might know ABOUT Jesus but we are not yet in Him...having not yet tapped into His life.
we're in him, but GROWING CHILDRENS 1 Peter 2:2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" now the apostle Paul, 1 Corinthians 13:10-12 "But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." 11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." 12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."
so again, we ask? "IS GOD, WHO IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH FINISH WITH YOU YET?". if so, why do you still sin?

All is not lost...unless we mislabel our own nature as being of Christ. Then we will be under judgment. A little knowledge...if we seek to exploit that knowledge...can be a dangerous thing.
Knowledge is a responsibility. when one know better, do better. just as with freedom, comes responsibility.
So we need a little honesty and humility.
I believe this is what we been saying.
How can we say we are in Christ when people who are not claiming such are more patient and loving than we are?
it takes more effort in cleaning up a room than dirting up a room....... ORDER. hence it takes pratice, and time, if one is WILLING.
To be in Christ means the flesh motivations are DEAD. Dead men don't react in the flesh...ever. Being alive IN Christ means we are also dead in Christ. A good tree doesn't produce bad fruit.
we're still in these fleshly bodies (see asbove)....... Be ye angry, sin not, but, but, but, and that with one "t", 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:". here he is speaking to CHRISTIANS. if, if, if, if, any man what? .... sin. WHY, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." BUT, BUT, BUT, 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." THANK GOD FOR THE NEW TESTAMENT.
So then we know the old man is still alive and kicking if indeed we see that we are not on the cross and watching as through light that Jesus has taken over.
YES, we know that our old man is dead, but "DECEPTION" is the killer. scripture,
Romans 6:6-14 "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." 7 "For he that is dead is freed from sin." 8 "Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:" 9 "Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him." 10 "For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God." 11 "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." (my friend we suggest you re-read that verse again)12 "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof." (That's another one must read again). 13 "Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God." 14 "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

IF ANY CHRISTIAN HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SIN IN THEIR LIVES, THEY NEED TO READ ROMANS 6 HERE,AS A STARTER. AS A MATTER OF FACT THE WHOLE BOOK. for the apostle is dealing with sin in the christian life. it's required reading.

PICJAG

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
GINOLJC, to all

Have our Lord Jesus finish you yet?

we're in him, but GROWING CHILDRENS 1 Peter 2:2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" now the apostle Paul, 1 Corinthians 13:10-12 "But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." 11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." 12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."
so again, we ask? "IS GOD, WHO IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH FINISH WITH YOU YET?". if so, why do you still sin?

Knowledge is a responsibility. when one know better, do better. just as with freedom, comes responsibility.

I believe this is what we been saying.

it takes more effort in cleaning up a room than dirting up a room....... ORDER. hence it takes pratice, and time, if one is WILLING.

we're still in these fleshly bodies (see asbove)....... Be ye angry, sin not, but, but, but, and that with one "t", 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:". here he is speaking to CHRISTIANS. if, if, if, if, any man what? .... sin. WHY, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." BUT, BUT, BUT, 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." THANK GOD FOR THE NEW TESTAMENT.

YES, we know that our old man is dead, but "DECEPTION" is the killer. scripture,
Romans 6:6-14 "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." 7 "For he that is dead is freed from sin." 8 "Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:" 9 "Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him." 10 "For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God." 11 "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." (my friend we suggest you re-read that verse again)12 "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof." (That's another one must read again). 13 "Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God." 14 "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

IF ANY CHRISTIAN HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SIN IN THEIR LIVES, THEY NEED TO READ ROMANS 6 HERE,AS A STARTER. AS A MATTER OF FACT THE WHOLE BOOK. for the apostle is dealing with sin in the christian life. it's required reading.

PICJAG

And Romans 6 is to be followed by Romans 7....the experience of they who still have not yet been crucified inwardly...a deeper level that actually enters INTO Christ and that brings us to death. After Romans 7 comes Romans 8. But I see people skimming through the process and claiming to be in Romans 8 without going to God and actually experiencing the cross or the full grace of God.

So then these are deceived.

Romans 6 is about righteouness (the level of a faithful brother) Where we are dead to the world (realizing that we are joined to Christ) according to our new heart and new motivation. The world has lost it's appeal and we are now servants of righteousness. Yet we are still walking in the power of the flesh and failing so often.

Romans 8 is about holiness (the level of a saint) The experience of the victory over the flesh by taking on the resurrection life of Jesus and walking in the gift of His perfected humanity.

Romans 7 is about figuring out that there is a difference between righteouness and holiness. The difference is what we can do of ourselves and what we can do IN Christ.

pray about this.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Romans 6 is to be followed by Romans 7....the experience of they who still have not yet been crucified inwardly...a deeper level that actually enters INTO Christ and that brings us to death. After Romans 7 comes Romans 8. But I see people skimming through the process and claiming to be in Romans 8 without going to God and actually experiencing the cross or the full grace of God.

So then these are deceived.

Romans 6 is about righteouness (the level of a faithful brother) Where we are dead to the world (realizing that we are joined to Christ) according to our new heart and new motivation. The world has lost it's appeal and we are now servants of righteousness. Yet we are still walking in the power of the flesh and failing so often.

Romans 8 is about holiness (the level of a saint) The experience of the victory over the flesh by taking on the resurrection life of Jesus and walking in the gift of His perfected humanity.

Romans 7 is about figuring out that there is a difference between righteouness and holiness. The difference is what we can do of ourselves and what we can do IN Christ.

pray about this.
First thanks for the reply. second, crucifixion is a slow and painful .... PROCESS, which result in DEATH. but you must have missed the way of ESCAPE. Romans 6:7-14 "For he that is dead is freed from sin." 8 "Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:" 9 "Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him." 10 "For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God." 11 "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." (DID YOU GET THAT? LIKEWISE, LIKEWISE).12 "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof." (LET IS A CONDITION BASED ON YOUR BELIEF, HENCE WE WALK BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT).13 "Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: (what did the scriptures say? yeild not to tempetation) but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God." 14 "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

and the only way to know this, one must renew their minds. and this comes about by TEACHING, the teaching of the Holy Spirit.

So then these are deceived
DECEPTION is only possible when there is a LACK OF KNOWLEDGE, Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."
NOW, a bible principle. Romans 6:8a states, "Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe". what is belief? it's the Goal setter, and the means to acomplish a Goal is by FAITH. so the OVERCOMER endure to the end. supportive scripture, Philippians 3:12-15 "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus." 13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," 14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." 15 "Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you."

well I'm not there yet, as said, God is not finish with me yet. but by FAITH I press toward the Mark of the High Calling in christ Jesus, other words I endure until the end, by walking in Fath.

PICJAG.

Last edited: