The flying preacher

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I fly I prefer not to have a cable attached! A very good picture of mechanical works of the flesh.

About 35 years or more ago I dreamed a short dream. I had my arms raised and was singing hallelujah over and over. As I did I was going up, rising and never stopped going up. No strings attached!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too bad even a pretty, simple picture like this is felt to need the confused Elizabethan-type wording that we have come to perceive as somehow being more "Holy" than just a straight, understandable sentence. I see this as similar to what the preacher was doing. (But that is just the way I look at life.)

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes more sense to me.
Psalm 77:4 The Passion Translation (TPT)
4 I can’t get a wink of sleep until you come and comfort me.
Now I’m too burdened to even pray!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether or not that demonstration had any value depends on you I would guess. For many years I have had a recurring dream about flying.

"Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:30-31

The first one was not long after receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost in 1976. The last such dream was less than a week ago.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Seems odd to me...

Rather than sensationalism, it's the spirit of 'Be still, and know that I am God' (Psalm 46.10) that we need.