the forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i kinda sorta like this forum you guys go for the jugular in discussion . lots good stuff of course there has to be someone wrong someone right . i like the style very deep discussions . i gotta sharpen up for this bunch lol on Guard !!!! good discussion om the holy spirit ..i dont have enough time read it all tonight ..the admin at the other forum would be gasping lol keep it up willie T can understand bout the admin in other forum lol

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About the only thing we haven't yet learned here is that there doesn't necessarily have to be someone right, and someone wrong. Often five or six of us can be talking, with five or six different points of view… and ALL of us can be wrong. But, we haven't caught onto that yet.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
About the only thing we haven't yet learned here is that there doesn't necessarily have to be someone right, and someone wrong. Often five or six of us can be talking, with five or six different points of view… and ALL of us can be wrong. But, we haven't caught onto that yet.

...or each have a piece of the puzzle in the bigger picture that few if any can grasp...

our differences need not be divisions but rather contributions to a greater whole. I see that not being grasped. Of course there are those who are just plain wrong as well... :rolleyes:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Haha!! LOVE it! Perfectly said Willie . :D

I must admit, I can lose it somewhat with the ones who are so sure they have all the truth in their back pocket, and talk down, as if all the rest of us are down some rabbit hole!

@Ezra
I hope that you stick around.
Any friend of Willies is a friend of mine! :)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...or each have a piece of the puzzle in the bigger picture that few if any can grasp...

our differences need not be divisions but rather contributions to a greater whole. I see that not being grasped. Of course there are those who are just plain wrong as well... :rolleyes:
There is definite wisdom in that realization.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The one thing I truly wish we (collectively) could learn to simply say is, " Ya know, I honestly don't know the answer to that."

Goodness, what did you eat today...you are full of wisdom tonight! :)

I found I had to tell my kids that there was some things that I didn't know.
They thought I walked on water and knew everything.
But when it came to 'cave men' , dinosaurs etc...I had to tell them that God has not shown me .
Now, at 77 I can honestly say that I don't know as much now as I ( thought) that I knew when back then, I was a young zealous Christian.....
" I knew it all" then, how foolish can we get.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
our differences need not be divisions but rather contributions to a greater whole.
ya know in the other forum i have tried to explain this concept it all starts over with a what if . if a frog didnt have back legs.he would just be dragging his tale all the time

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was permanently banned from the same forum E is talking about because I questioned one of their new rules (They love to come up with new rules all the time). They posted that I was banned for rejecting all their rules.

Reactions: Helen

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was permanently banned from the same forum E is talking about because I questioned one of their new rules (They love to come up with new rules all the time). They posted that I was banned for rejecting all their rules.
i figure they will ban me. if something dont sit right i start a conversation in private .at one point months ago he told me he had went about as far as he could . there working on s o f going crazy with it .i call it how i see it if its cow poo i call it cow poo me jlb lock horns alot

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well as long as men realize that God Jesus, the Holy Spirit and all the hosts of heaven are always right, even when we might all be wrong...

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as long as men realize that God Jesus, the Holy Spirit and all the hosts of heaven are always right, even when we might all be wrong...

"…and all the hosts of heaven are always right,…"

The worship of the host of heaven was one of the earliest forms of idolatry and was common among the Israelites in the times of their turning away from the pure service of God (Unger, M. F., Harrison, R. K., Vos, H. F., Barber, C. J., and Unger, M. F. The New Unger's Bible dictionary. Chicago: Moody Press)

Even if the 'hosts of heaven' are angels, they are not always right.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Ever since God's intervention at Babel, mankind has witnessed the spiritual phenomenon of a break in the ability to understand each other. The truth is too deep for men to come to agreement without God being directly involved. The truth is owned and supported only by God....not by men without God in their midst. Because we share a common language and terminology it may be possible to create a unique attempt at the truth, believed by all, but independent of God. That is why any attempt by men at the truth apart from direct inspiration from God will be segmented and partial. People will naturally latch on to what seems to be missing. In the church such things could be seen as constructive...because of love. Love puts things together. But that is NOT the natural way of people or of Christians who still leave room for the flesh.

So it is a spiritual problem...one that is from God....to keep us away from a fleshly unity apart from God.