The Gaithers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love this song too.

I love the Gaithers, the last remnant of Christian music that still provides real music, and hymns with a message. I find the current 7-11 (7 words repeated 11 times) stuff to be less than inspiring.

Unfortunately, this has now become my favorite Gaither hymn.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the Gaithers, the last remnant of Christian music that still provides real music, and hymns with a message. I find the current 7-11 (7 words repeated 11 times) stuff to be less than inspiring.

Unfortunately, this has now become my favorite Gaither hymn.

That's a great song, Stan. I used to hear that as a kid, too. I hadn't heard it in a while. Thanks. It reminds me of a "country" song I just heard called, "Love, Me." I was listening to the local station and not expecting a song about meeting someone in heaven. I was pleasantly surprised. It's not by the Gaithers, but I hope people like it.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the titles too, but the Twang Delivery just sort of hits the "cringe" area with me sometimes. (I really don't think we were meant to sing through our noses. LOL)

Reactions: Giuliano and Helen

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been looking for a song that I think is theirs, but I haven't been able to locate it.

Its chorus is
"Be the kind of person that you want to be around (and around and around and 'round...)"

Does anyone have a link?

Reactions: Helen

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
She is so amazing!! Love her...

It doesn't seem that long ago, but she left us 16 years ago.

Her husband Howard age 81 died at the end of November 2002. On his gravestone, she had inscribed:

With You
I couldn't have made this journey without you.
There's been many times your love has brought me through.
We've been down the road of life together.
Yes we've gone a mile or two.
But I couldn't have made this journey without you.
Vestal

Her prayers were answered right after Christmas a year later on December 27. 2003, age 74, in Celebration, Florida.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It doesn't seem that long ago, but she left us 16 years ago.

Her husband Howard age 81 died at the end of November 2002. On his gravestone, she had inscribed:

With You
I couldn't have made this journey without you.
There's been many times your love has brought me through.
We've been down the road of life together.
Yes we've gone a mile or two.
But I couldn't have made this journey without you.
Vestal

Her prayers were answered right after Christmas a year later on December 27. 2003, age 74, in Celebration, Florida.

I remember reading about her, or saw an interview with her...I forget which.

When younger she used to sing with all the Goodman's and was soprano. Nothing special.
One time she lost her voice , sore throat or cold or something...and when she got her voice back..it was the deeper powerful voice that she became famous for , not sure she could even sing soprano again even if she tried!

'Heaven' must be echoing with all those voices which has passed over. :)

Reactions: Giuliano and Stan B

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the titles too, but the Twang Delivery just sort of hits the "cringe" area with me sometimes. (I really don't think we were meant to sing through our noses. LOL)
What a snob, Wiilie! LOL Aren't you in Florida? I knew a man from Florida who had quite a twang.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of my Gaither favorites. Helped me through a very rough time.

I posted it the other day on the Keith Green thread (I know, I was off topic as usual :()

Reactions: Giuliano