The Gardener

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam:

And the Lord God planted a garden.
God put Man (Adam) in the garden to keep and dress the garden.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil: Iniquity was found in Adam. Adam was driven from the garden.

Genesis 3:23-24
[23] Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. [24] So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword (the Word/Christ) which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. (Christ)

Christ:

Jesus Christ is the truth and the way and life.
Christ is the Gardener, Christ is the vine, the husbandman...​
He dungs.
He prunes.
He cuts.
He fertilizes.
He plows.
He breaks up the clods.
He grafts in again.
He dresses and keeps the garden.
The Kingdom:

Matthew 13:37-40
[37] He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; [38] The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one ; [39] The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. [40] As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Luke 13:18-19
[18] Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it? [19] It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

John 19:41-42
[41] Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid. [42] There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day ; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.

John 20:15-16
[15] Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. [16] Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

Ezekiel 36:34-35
[34] And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. [35] And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.

Isaiah 66:16-17
[16] For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many. [17] They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord .

Isaiah 61:11
[11] For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Joel 2:3
[3] A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

Isaiah 51:2-3
[2] Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him. [3] For the Lord shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord ; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

Deuteronomy 8:7-8
[7] For the Lord thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills; [8] A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil olive, and honey;

Deuteronomy 24:20-21
[20] When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow. [21] When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

Deuteronomy 28:39
[39] Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them , but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes ; for the worms shall eat them.

James 5:7-8
[7] Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. [8] Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vineyards, palms, the trees of Lebanon, seed, fields, harvest, husbandmen, pruning, figtree, cedar, apple, fir, rivers, hills, mountains, grapes, fruit, fowls, and beast and wine. The garden is kept by God. There is only one way to enter.

(Judges 9:8-15)
(Ezekiel 31)

The Kingdom of God is within:

Matthew 13:3-9
[3] And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; [4] And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: [5] Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: [6] And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. [7] And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: [8] But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. [9] Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Ezekiel 36:26-28
[26] A new heart(mind) also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. [27] And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them . [28] And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Matthew 12:34
[34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Mark 7:20-23
[20] And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. [21] For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, [22] Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: [23] All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Where your treasure is...
That is where your heart(mind)is.

Matthew 21:42-44
[42] Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? [43] Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. [44] And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
42764.jpg

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lol. I like that.

My husband looked at me like I am crazy yesterday when I started talking about: God keeping the garden...as in now. Dunging, digging, pruning and, yes, watering. I was well prepared to receive some raised eyebrows. If I am crazy though, then maybe Solomon was crazy too.

Song of Songs 4:12-16
[12] A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed. [13] Thy plants are an orchard of pomegranates, with pleasant fruits; camphire, with spikenard, [14] Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices: [15] A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon. [16] Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.

Job was hedged in(Spiritually)until God removed the hedge.

Reactions: Helen

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus Christ is the truth and the way and life. Christ is the Gardener, Christ is the vine, the husbandman...​
He dungs.
He prunes.
He cuts.
He fertilizes.
He plows.
He breaks up the clods.
He grafts in again.
He dresses and keeps the garden.

Very good, I like it.

;)

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel is the Garden, Jesus Christ is the King of Israel.
Nathaniel is a true Israel, he is the one in the garden and he knew who Jesus Christ was directly.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel is the Garden, Jesus Christ is the King of Israel.
Nathaniel is a true Israel, he is the one in the garden and he knew who Jesus Christ was directly.

Thank you! I had never noticed John 1:45-49 before. "Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph. [46] And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see. [47] Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! [48] Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. [49] Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel."

Wow. That is something, for the King to say "Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!"

1 Peter 2:21-23
[21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: [22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: [23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

Revelation 14:4-5
[4] These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. [5] And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Absolutely points to the fact of what Israel truly is.
I have never heard it preached ever, it's just another of them things that has been tried to be hidden I think.
This point of Nathaniel is a key point to everything, he is a true Israel and he knows who the Lord Jesus is, as does anyone who is a true Israel (servant of God) Nathaniel has the Holy Spirit it's with him.
I make a point of Jacob becoming Israel in the Bible and why it is in fact so, because in this we know what the point of Israel truly is all about in fact, so many just overlook this point.
The Tribe of Israel is one thing but to be an Israel is more than just the Tribe, the tribe just don't cut it to be a true Israel but are just of such a tribe.
Jacob Israel had two Children that were more precious than the others to him, they were of the Wife he truly only wanted and it is interesting subject to note all that is said about them two in the Bible and why.
One should not take the name Israel lightly, as in one should not make claims to be such if you can't truly cut the grade, as Jesus says it is in one whom is no guile that truly is Israel, not to mention he is working to make that tree Israel bear fruit.

I would not be surprised if Nathaniel is truly St Stephen, Nathaniel Stephen he had to be a Spiritual King ? that's that the word Stephen can be seen as and it is said of him that he was full of the Holy Spirit and only one other in the Bible that was full of the Holy Spirit and that was Jesus Mother, St Stephen hit it home when he pointed out the facts of the history Israel to all before they stoned him to death for saying the absolute truth and facts of the matter and I am sure it was this that brought Saul to ponder and then got struck by God.

The Bible subject of Nathaniel just blows me away as does St Stephen, it's truly powerful.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good morning

Read your post with interest. Do you believe that there was a literal garden with a talking snake?
The Garden in the Bible is also about a Vineyard that God let out and this mob took it over and then God sent his Prophets out to deal with them and they killed them and then his Son Jesus in the end, so the Garden is Israel and also a literal place, thou it is more than just that.
The talking snake was figurative expression to express the description of what it is, just as the Tree of Israel and all the other trees expressed, but it must be seen as in the Holy Spiritual concept never a worldly one.
It exposes what the concept of what Satan truly is and how he goes about it, just have a good look at how a snake goes about his business.
Also Holy Moses held up a Snake, now in that it's interesting to note why he did.

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
www.solutionslifecoaching.ca
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would agree with you that the creation story is not a literal account but a metaphor. The truth is wrapped up in the story, sadly today it would appear that the modern evangelical fundamentalist is more interested in whether the story is literally true and miss the message within the story.

The story of Jonah is a classic one. This is a story about Gods heart for people, sadly the litralists get all lost and side tracked in whether of not a man can live in a whale. Who cares that's not what the story is about. The Bible is a spiritual book that can only be interpreted spiritually through a Biblical world view. It was never meant to be interpreted literally.

kit

Mar 20, 2018
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In Christs return we again keep and dress a garden. And God builds an orchard, fed by waters flowing from Christ - the root of Jesse's - throne.

Isaiah 2:4
He shall judge between the nations,
and shall arbitrate for many peoples;
they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruning hooks;
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more.

Revelation 22:1-2
Then the angel[a] showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 through the middle of the street of the city. On either side of the river is the tree of life[b] with its twelve kinds of fruit, producing its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning

Read your post with interest. Do you believe that there was a literal garden with a talking snake?

I have to be careful with the words "literal" and "real" meaning tangible with substance. God is "literal" and "real" even more so than what we see with limited vision. With that said. Do I think a literal snake crawled and curled around a tree trunk and whispered Eve into sin? Do I invest in the cheesy-pictures of the snake and woman in a garden presented to us? No. His word is an invitation. Was Adam real? Abraham? Sarah? Yes. Same as we are real and God demonstrates And declares His name in us.

What we can learn from a serpent: They are beautiful and alluring but dangerous.
Cursed to crawl on their belly as they go, eating up the dust (sin) all their days. Why? What is God inviting us to see?

Genesis 3:14
[14] And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Dust: sin.

Genesis 3:17-19
[17] And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; [18] Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; [19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art , and unto dust shalt thou return.

Sin comes by the brow of Adam; working the ground, growing thistle and thorns(sin) and returning to the dust(in his sin) a breach between man and God. Dead in sin and trespasses.

On your belly you will go...

Belly is associated with desire and appetite.

Romans 16:18
[18] For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

An attribute of the fallen: satisfying their own belly.

Philippians 3:19
[19] Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Matthew 15:16-20
[16] And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? [17] Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? [18] But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. [19] For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: [20] These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Unlike with Adam, Out of Jesus Christ's brow(labor/work)....comes Spirit; LIFE.

Acts 19:11-12
[11] And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: [12] So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

No longer cursed to crawl on his belly satisfying his own lust and appetite in sin...

What came out of Paul was Spirit because of who Paul served.

John 7:37-38 KJV
[37] In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. [38] He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm. There are many terms in Hebrew for dust, and this one is the same one that Adam was made of; iow not the same inanimate "dust" as that which falls or accumulates from inorganic whatever, rocks eroding etc.; "dirt"

dust; life, iow

Not sure I follow but what was "dust" before the ground was cursed. What "dust" was Adam originally made of? Where did this original dust come from, the garden of eden? What was this dust of abundance and increase that was watered by a constant mist (pre)fall? Would that dust be of the same decay and worm ridden earth as now? I do think I get what you are hinting at. They would sweep the dust from the floor of the temple and carry it without the gate. Was Adam originally made of the dust of heaven (man with God)?

Numbers 5:17-18
[17] And the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel; and of the dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle the priest shall take, and put it into the water: [18] And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord , and uncover the woman's head, and put the offering of memorial in her hands, which is the jealousy offering: and the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that causeth the curse:

I don't know. Questions unanswered. What about you?

Last edited: