The Glory of Yahweh Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Glory of Yahweh Jesus Christ

“36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become children of light.” Jesus said these things, and He departed and hid Himself from them. 37 But though He had done so many signs before them, yet they didn’t believe in Him, 38 that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke, “Lord, who has believed our report? To whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” 39 For this cause they couldn’t believe, for Isaiah said again, 40 “He has blinded their eyes and He hardened their heart, lest they should see with their eyes, and perceive with their heart, and would turn, and I would heal them.” 41 Isaiah said these things when he saw his glory, and spoke of Him. 42 Nevertheless even many of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they didn’t confess it, so that they wouldn’t be put out of the synagogue, 43 for they loved men’s praise more than God’s praise. 44 Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in Me, but in Him who sent Me. 45 He who sees me sees Him who sent Me. 46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me may not remain in the darkness. 47 If anyone listens to My sayings, and doesn’t believe, I don’t judge him. For I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.” (John’s Gospel, chapter 12, verses 36-47)

Here we have John speak of the many miracles that Jesus Christ had done among the people, who yet remained hard, and refused to believe in Him and the Gospel that He preached.

To show this hardness and unbelief by those who heard Jesus Christ preach, John quotes from the words spoken by the Prophet Isaiah. The Vision that Isaiah saw in chapter 6, is that of Yahweh in all His Glory, and sitting on His Throne.

It is clear from what John says here, that he understood that words of the passage in Isaiah 6, to refer to the Lord Jesus Christ, and not God the Father. In verse 36, John speaks of Jesus, and the words, in verses 36 and 37, He, Himself, Him”, all refer to Jesus Christ. The rejection of the miracles of Jesus Christ, are a fulfilment of the Prophecy in Isaiah. John then says in verse 41, “Isaiah said these things when he saw His glory, and spoke of Him”, the “Him” here is Jesus Christ, which is clear from the words that follow in verse 42, “Nevertheless even many of the rulers believed in Him”. The whole context is Jesus Christ.

The passage in Isaiah chapter 6, is about Jesus Christ, in His Glory, sitting on His Throne.

“In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up; and His train filled the temple. 2 Above Him stood the seraphim. Each one had six wings. With two he covered his face. With two he covered his feet. With two he flew. 3 One called to another, and said, “Holy, Holy, Holy, is Yahweh of Armies! The whole earth is full of His glory!” 4 The foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of Him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 Then I said, “Woe is me! For I am undone, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell among a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the King, Yahweh of Armies!” 6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar. 7 He touched my mouth with it, and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin forgiven.” 8 I heard the Lord’s Voice, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here I am. Send me!” 9 He said, “Go, and tell this people, ‘You hear indeed, but don’t understand. You see indeed, but don’t perceive.’ 10 Make the heart of this people fat. Make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their heart, and turn again, and be healed.” 11 Then I said, “Lord, how long?” He answered, “Until cities are waste without inhabitant, houses without man, the land becomes utterly waste, 12 and Yahweh has removed men far away, and the forsaken places are many within the land” (Isaiah chapter 6, verses 1-12)

In this passage in Isaiah, we read of “the Lord” sitting on His Throne. The Hebrew here is “ʼĂdônây”, and in verse 3, is “Yahweh”, as in verse 5. In verse 8, “the Lord’s Voice” is “ʼĂdônây”, Who Speaks to Isaiah, and says, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?”, speaking in the singular, but referring to “US”, in the plural. This cannot refer to One Person, as in Genesis 1:26, “Then God said, “Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness”. And, after the Fall of Eve and Adam, “Yahweh 'ĕlôhı̂ym said, “Since man has become like one of US” (3:22). And, at the Confusion of Languages in Genesis 11, “And Yahweh said…Come, let US go down and there confuse their language” (26-27). Clearly the use of the plural, is because more than One Person is meant, and not that God is addressing His Created angels, as some erroneously teach.

The Lord Jesus Christ, in John chapter 12, is the “Yahweh and ʼĂdônây”, of the passage in Isaiah chapter 6.

We have other places in the New Testament, where “Yahweh”, in the Old Testament passage, is directly quoted and applied to Jesus Christ, as we can see:

Acts 2:21, “And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved”, as Romans 10:13, “For, whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”. Which are quoted from Joel 2:32, “And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of Yahweh Shall be saved”. In both places in the NT, the OT words are applied to Jesus Christ, as Yahweh.

In 1 Corinthians 10:9, Paul says, “nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents”. This is the Original reading with, “τὸν Χριστόν”, which has the oldest and strongest textual evidence, and not the corrupted, “τὸν κύριον”, or “τὸν θεόν”. In this passage, Paul is referring to the Incident as Recorded in the Book of Numbers, “The people spoke against God, and against Moses, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no bread, and there is no water; and our soul loathes this disgusting bread.” Yahweh sent venomous snakes among the people, and they bit the people. Many people of Israel died. The people came to Moses, and said, “We have sinned, because we have spoken against Yahweh, and against you. Pray to Yahweh, that he take away the serpents from us.” Moses prayed for the people” (chapter 21, verses 5-7). It is clear that the People spoke against “'ĕlôhı̂ym”, and “Yahweh” sends the “venomous snakes”, to kill them. Paul says, that the Person Who sent these “venomous snakes”, is the Lord Jesus Christ!. It is Jesus Christ Whom they spoke against, Who is called “'ĕlôhı̂ym”, and it is Jesus Christ, as “Yahweh”, who sent these snakes.

In Philippians 2, Pauls says of the Risen Lord Jesus Christ, “Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him The Name which is above every name, that at The Name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (verses 9-11). This passage refers to Isaiah chapter 45m where we read: “Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, Yahweh? And there is no other god besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me. "Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath” (verses 21-23). “That to Me [Yahweh/'ĕlôhı̂ym] every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath”. And Paul says that this is Jesus Christ!

The EVIDENCE from the Infallible Word of God, the Holy Bible, is so clear and strong, on the Absolute Deity of that Lord Jesus Christ, Who is undoubtedly called Yahweh and Elohim in the Bible.

And, yet, there are those who will continue in their opposition and rejection in what the Bible clearly Declares to be The Truth, and about Yahweh Jesus!

Such is their blindness.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have since checked the Jewish Targum Jonathan Ben Uziel on Isaiah, written in the first century, which reads in verse 8:

"And I heard the voice of the Memra (Word) of the Lord, which said, Whom shall I send to prophesy? and who will go to teach? Then said I, Here am I, send me"

As we know, John calls Jesus Christ "The Word", in His Gospel, First Epistle and Revelation